Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inactive vs Not Dressing- 3rd string QB

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    That was the old rule....you were allowed to dress 45 players and deem a QB as your "emergency QB", in essence dressing 46 players, where he can play if the other two get injured (or its the 4th quarter)...If he played before the 4th quarter the other two QBs weren't allowed to re-enter the game...

The new rule, changed last season, now just let's teams dress 46 players

If what you're saying is true - the two teams, officials, crowd and TV audience all wait as he gets to run into the locker room and put his jersey on? Because most teams only activate (dress) 2 QBs
    Rex's decision makes no sense at all. The MRI was done on Tuesday and showed Tebow has 2 broken ribs. Rex knew that at least a day before Thursday's game. Big Ben is out with broken ribs because it's effing dangerous to take a chance that a tackle will puncture a lung or worse.

If Sanchez was injured and Tebow couldn't play, then Lenny Kravitz has to play another set while McElroy suits up and starts cold? What a freaking joke Rex Ryan is.

All he had to do was announce that Tebow was injured and the fans wouldn't have chanted for him. They'd have chanted for McElroy. Makes no sense unless for publicity or PSLs.
    Last edited by JaxSuzy; 11-24-2012 at 11:25 AM.

I wonder what Rex would have done had Mark gone down.

If you remember, there was a point in the game where Mark got hurt and was limping badly. He shook it off to his credit but imagine if he couldn't and had to come out. Would Rex have put Tim into the game with his broken ribs??????

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I wonder what Rex would have done had Mark gone down.

If you remember, there was a point in the game where Mark got hurt and was limping badly. He shook it off to his credit but imagine if he couldn't and had to come out. Would Rex have put Tim into the game with his broken ribs??????
    I guess he would have. Tebow wouldn't have refused.

I've been hard on Mark especially after Butt-Gate, but to his credit he didn't give up or fake an injury. He tries, but he's just not up to it. The whole debacle reminds me of that "quicksand" quote from The Replacements, when one thing goes wrong, then another and another....