Thread: Anyone else want Bruce Arians?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else want Bruce Arians?

The way he has handled things with the Colts this year has been incredible. An interim head coach filling in for a coach going through chemo treatments, a rookie QB, and a team with low expectations he has done an incredible job.

I would love to see the Jets go after him this offseason. I think he would be a man with some head coaching experience under his belt under a difficult situation who succeeded. He isn't washed up and isn't a coordinator with his first head coaching gig.

Andy Reid I think is burnt out. Cowher would never come here. I think Arians should be the man.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    The way he has handled things with the Colts this year has been incredible. An interim head coach filling in for a coach going through chemo treatments, a rookie QB, and a team with low expectations he has done an incredible job.

I would love to see the Jets go after him this offseason. I think he would be a man with some head coaching experience under his belt under a difficult situation who succeeded. He isn't washed up and isn't a coordinator with his first head coaching gig.

Andy Reid I think is burnt out. Cowher would never come here. I think Arians should be the man.
    Our next coach should be selected by our next GM. If Rex is going, Tanny should too, and vice versa.

A good thought though....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    agreed he's a great candidate but i can't see him leaving the Colts, especially for a mess like this one.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    agreed he's a great candidate but i can't see him leaving the Colts, especially for a mess like this one.
    Once Pagano comes back I'm sure he will want to be a head coach somewhere. Not sure he wants to come to this mess.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based off of a body of work that is just 1 month? Also, Indy's success is not a surprise. They have Luck and arguably play in the weakest division in the NFL.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Once Pagano comes back I'm sure he will want to be a head coach somewhere. Not sure he wants to come to this mess.
    I think that gets overrated though. Us fans look at this as a mess because we follow this team daily, read articles, know the history, etc. With coaches, it's completely different, they look at this as an opportunity...especially for assistant coaches who've never had a chance as a HC.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bruce arians would be a great choice. Im on board and the guy knows what hes doing on the offensive side of the ball. Would be a great hire. Hopefully our new gm will interview him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another guy I'd look at is Greg Roman - 49ers OC. He's turned Alex Smith into a very productive QB, alongside a strong running game ... I think he could transform our O without a full rebuild.

If only there was some way to demote Rex to DC and bring on a guy like Roman as an offensive-focussed HC - I think we'd find out we could do a lot better even with the current personnel.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Another guy I'd look at is Greg Roman - 49ers OC. He's turned Alex Smith into a very productive QB, alongside a strong running game ... I think he could transform our O without a full rebuild.

If only there was some way to demote Rex to DC and bring on a guy like Roman as an offensive-focussed HC - I think we'd find out we could do a lot better even with the current personnel.

I like roman too, maybe we can get niners asst GM and roman and start fresh. some good draft picks and some decent FA this team can be turned around. Perhaps McElroy can play role of Alex smith???

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Could you see the Tuna leaving a team that was in the Bowl for a 1-15 Jet team??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Could you see the Tuna leaving a team that was in the Bowl for a 1-15 Jet team??
    Anyone coming here next year would likely only need to win 8 games to be an instant hero!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. The Steeler fans couldn't wait to get rid of Arians. What's next, a thread to bring in Cam Cameron? I suggest looking at a coach's full body of work instead of just the last few months.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would be ok with this move.I hope they hire a offensive guy as the next coach.

But I think Rex will be back next year.The schedule is too weak.They will finish 7 and 9 or 8 and 8.I think that saves his job.Tanny's as well