Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: The day after Thanksgiving

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The day after Thanksgiving

While Thanksgiving is a day to spend with family and reflect on what we are thankful for...for me the day after Thanksgiving is a time to ponder many of life's unanswered questions. For example:

1. Why does stuffing taste so good ? It's really just crumbled up bread & butter.

2. Why does God hate the Jets ? Is it because they leave his favorite player on the bench?

3. How long is Joe Namath's deal with the devil for Super Bowl III ? I think 50 years is the standard deal, right?

4. Does Mark Sanchez think he's in the movie Groundhog Day? Except that instead of waking up in a comfy bed & breakfast and hitting on Andie McDowell he throws game changing red zone interceptions & fumbles when someone breathes on him.

5. Who will win the inevitable showdown between Rick Grimes & the Governor? The Walking Dead is now the only thing I have to look forward too on Sundays. Of course I'm referring to the show and not the Jets offense.

6. Regarding question #2...how do you answer that to a child? It's only a matter of time before my 8 year old son asks me that.

7. Is it too late to convert my son to a Giants fan or did I miss my window ?

8. Would Brett Favre consider coming out of retirement to play for the Jets again ? If so, could he refrain from texting pictures of his junk for the entire year?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin45 View Post
    While Thanksgiving is a day to spend with family and reflect on what we are thankful for...for me the day after Thanksgiving is a time to ponder many of life's unanswered questions. For example:

1. Why does stuffing taste so good ? It's really just crumbled up bread & butter.

2. Why does God hate the Jets ? Is it because they leave his favorite player on the bench?

3. How long is Joe Namath's deal with the devil for Super Bowl III ? I think 50 years is the standard deal, right?

4. Does Mark Sanchez think he's in the movie Groundhog Day? Except that instead of waking up in a comfy bed & breakfast and hitting on Andie McDowell he throws game changing red zone interceptions & fumbles when someone breathes on him.

5. Who will win the inevitable showdown between Rick Grimes & the Governor? The Walking Dead is now the only thing I have to look forward too on Sundays. Of course I'm referring to the show and not the Jets offense.

6. Regarding question #2...how do you answer that to a child? It's only a matter of time before my 8 year old son asks me that.

7. Is it too late to convert my son to a Giants fan or did I miss my window ?

8. Would Brett Favre consider coming out of retirement to play for the Jets again ? If so, could he refrain from texting pictures of his junk for the entire year?
    What? In my house, it's semi-stale Italian bread, sweet Italian sausage, onions, celery, leeks, garlic, cream, turkey stock, sage, thyme, salt, pepper, and Italian parsley.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    What? In my house, it's semi-stale Italian bread, sweet Italian sausage, onions, celery, leeks, garlic, cream, turkey stock, sage, thyme, salt, pepper, and Italian parsley.
    Why is the bread "semi-stale"?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    looking forward to the best part of thanksgiving

Turkey and the trimmings leftovers for the days after

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just reheated a bowl of garlic mashed mixed with stuffing, turkey chunks on the top, with a nice helping of gravy covering it.... yum... all I needed was a spoon.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Gives the stuffing some body while it soaks up all the stock and other liquid. Fresh bread would be too mushy. You could also toast it instead.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    looking forward to the best part of thanksgiving

Turkey and the trimmings leftovers for the days after
    Look at you showing up after a loss, Mr. 13-3.

Proud of you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Look at you showing up after a loss, Mr. 13-3.

Proud of you.
    EAD loser

I have no apologies for being a loyal passionate fan who supports the Jets

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    You don't want fresh. Stuffing works better with stale bread as it does not go to mush. If you only have fresh, cut it into cubes to let it dry out in the oven.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    EAD loser

I have no apologies for being a loyal passionate fan who supports the Jets

LOL.

You mean just like everyone else that posts here, you elitist punk?

Just because I'm not Mr. Homer doesn't mean I support the team any less than you do. I have PSL's like you, I go to all home games (unlike you) and I paint a real picture of the team, not a fairy tale.

Sorry not sorry.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

Just because I'm not Mr. Homer doesn't mean I support the team any less than you do. I have PSL's like you, I go to all home games (unlike you) and I paint a real picture of the team, not a fairy tale.

Sorry not sorry.
    That guy is really starting to bug me. How many times must we need read his filth trashing people for their opinions? Or being flat out derogatory because posters don't follow his narrow minded way of thinking? Yet, the mods ban the putz for a day, then let him back for more frivolity. F**k you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

Sorry not sorry.
    Does making hundreds of negative statements about the Jets, whether true or not, repeatedly, in the harsh tone of anyone who rabidly dislikes the Jets would,
    constitute team "support"? Just askin'.

I've had to sift through hundreds of F WOODY Sell The team and Should I make my kids Giants fans posts from such great fans here today to maybe one post (Brickhouse IIRC) with
    a detailed idea about how to move forward. I expect more but I never get it from SOJFS just repeated calls to bring back failures like Mangini or Parcells or to move back to Queens.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 11-23-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Elitist - A person who believes that they are superior to others (and thus deserve favored status) because of their intellect, social status, wealth, or other factors.

Well guess I'm batting 0-3 then.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    EAD loser

I have no apologies for being a loyal passionate fan who absolutely is uncivil and rude to others about their fan hood for citing FACTS that this team REALLY sucks but I still, like a blind whore support the Jets.

FIXED and go EAD.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    FIXED and go EAD.
    GFY