Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Why is Rex still so defiant in his press conferences?

  1. #1

    Why is Rex still so defiant in his press conferences?

    Doesn't this blowhard realize we've lost a staggering 5 games this season by 17 or more points?

    Doesn't he realize his offense is beyond inept and led by maybe the worst QB in the league?

    Doesn't he realize he is the only head coach on the planet (including college and high school coaches) that would have let Tony Sparano be his OC?

    Doesn't he realize that his vaunted D couldn't force a single turnover from Brady in 2 games?

    I'm not quite there yet, but slowly moving towards the contingent of fans who want Rex gone and to clean house after the season. I can't take this guy's denial and defiance anymore though. It's a joke. Does he think we're idiots?

  2. #2
    Because he's a moron. A coordinator stuck in a leader's role.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,996
    Hes going down with the ship. He will be gone in 5 weeks.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Hes going down with the ship. He will be gone in 5 weeks.
    Let's hope so.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Doesn't this blowhard realize we've lost a staggering 5 games this season by 17 or more points?

    Doesn't he realize his offense is beyond inept and led by maybe the worst QB in the league?

    Doesn't he realize he is the only head coach on the planet (including college and high school coaches) that would have let Tony Sparano be his OC?

    Doesn't he realize that his vaunted D couldn't force a single turnover from Brady in 2 games?

    I'm not quite there yet, but slowly moving towards the contingent of fans who want Rex gone and to clean house after the season. I can't take this guy's denial and defiance anymore though. It's a joke. Does he think we're idiots?
    When he keeps quoting Sanchez's QB rating in his presser after a 30 point blowout. Yes, he does think we are. Unfortunately the sheep writers don't confront him with a 'what the hell does that have to do with getting your asses handed to you'

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Because he's a moron. A coordinator stuck in a leader's role.
    I mean even today, he's going on about how this team is going to "finish", more empty bluster. Wow Rex, you mean you might beat teams led by Rian Lindley and Chad Henne? Super Bowl here we come

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I mean even today, he's going on about how this team is going to "finish", more empty bluster. Wow Rex, you mean you might beat teams led by Rian Lindley and Chad Henne? Super Bowl here we come
    Haven't had a meaningful Regular Season win over a good team since December 2010 and that will continue until at least September 2013.

    Embarrassing.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Because he's a moron. A coordinator stuck in a leader's role.
    Pretty much, he'll spew the same garbage on his way out the door.

  9. #9
    C'mon what do you expect him to say, "sorry guys after 3 1/2 years of my best effort at coaching these guys, this is the best that it is going to be"

    I think he is better as a losing coach in front of the media than he is as a winning coach. At least he isn't saying he is a defensive genius or that this is a great team.

    He is trying not to let the players get to low, the problem is he lets the players to too high after wins. Teams need a steadying influence not just in bad times but in good times as well.

    I really believe that if another GM gave him a team he would be a lot better the 2nd time around.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    C'mon what do you expect him to say, "sorry guys after 3 1/2 years of my best effort at coaching these guys, this is the best that it is going to be"

    I think he is better as a losing coach in front of the media than he is as a winning coach. At least he isn't saying he is a defensive genius or that this is a great team.

    He is trying not to let the players get to low, the problem is he lets the players to too high after wins. Teams need a steadying influence not just in bad times but in good times as well.

    I really believe that if another GM gave him a team he would be a lot better the 2nd time around.
    They have GMs in college?

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,475
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    C'mon what do you expect him to say, "sorry guys after 3 1/2 years of my best effort at coaching these guys, this is the best that it is going to be"

    I think he is better as a losing coach in front of the media than he is as a winning coach. At least he isn't saying he is a defensive genius or that this is a great team.

    He is trying not to let the players get to low, the problem is he lets the players to too high after wins. Teams need a steadying influence not just in bad times but in good times as well.

    I really believe that if another GM gave him a team he would be a lot better the 2nd time around.
    I agree. It would also help Woody started to act like an owner instead of carnival barker seeking attention. Kraft is a better owner simply because he doesn't meddle. BB would resign the day Kraft crammed a player down his throat like Woody/Tanny did with Rex.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,189
    Did anyone actually request these opinions of chowd trolls on solutions??

    Isn't there a patsfans forum someplace for them to spew their crap

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,475
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Did anyone actually request these opinions of chowd trolls on solutions??

    Isn't there a patsfans forum someplace for them to spew their crap

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    If JI can stomach the ramblings shortbus3 anything is possible. Sorry bud...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Did anyone actually request these opinions of chowd trolls on solutions??

    Isn't there a patsfans forum someplace for them to spew their crap

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

    Your next cogent contribution will be your first. If you stopped posting insults and juvenile name calling, you'd have nothing to say.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,189
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    If JI can stomach the ramblings shortbus3 anything is possible. Sorry bud...
    EAD

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  16. #16
    Like I said^^^

    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Your next cogent contribution will be your first. If you stopped posting insults and juvenile name calling, you'd have nothing to say.

  17. #17
    Someone in the press needs to ask Rex if the Butt Fumble tops the "the stupidest play in NFL history.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Like I said^^^
    LOL right on effing cue!

  19. #19
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,570
    The time for honoring himself will soon be at an end.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    The time for honoring himself will soon be at an end.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us