Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Remember When We Drafted Guys Like Santana Moss and Jonathan Vilma?

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Northport, LI
    Posts
    259
    Post Thanks / Like

    Remember When We Drafted Guys Like Santana Moss and Jonathan Vilma?

    You know - playmakers on both sides of the ball. Guys WITH speed who played at real NCAA football programs.

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    946
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    You know - playmakers on both sides of the ball. Guys WITH speed who played at real NCAA football programs.
    I think those may have been the only 2 good players Bradway drafted in 5 years.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do remember that. But i also remember use losing with them too. The 2003 and 2005 seasons were brutal.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    superstars only to be traded away. sad thing is they are still valueable to other teams. blah blah blah vilmas not a 3-4 lb.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    john abraham also comes to mind

  6. #6
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    427
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys make it sound like we have done nothing in the draft since those days. Whats wrong with drafting Revis Mangold Brick Harris Wilkerson Coples Keller Kerley Hill?? Looks good to me.

  7. #7
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    im a mass hole
    Posts
    477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    You guys make it sound like we have done nothing in the draft since those days. Whats wrong with drafting Revis Mangold Brick Harris Wilkerson Coples Keller Kerley Hill?? Looks good to me.
    We have some hits but when we miss we miss bad, we need more depth for sure

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    You know - playmakers on both sides of the ball. Guys WITH speed who played at real NCAA football programs.
    Would have liked Wilfork as opposed to Vilma. If we had him we would have had our Super Bowl 2 years ago. You wouldn't have seen Pittsburgh running through our Dl the way we did.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I do remember that. But i also remember use losing with them too. The 2003 and 2005 seasons were brutal.
    Those were the years Chad went down in all fairness.

    BUT Chad couldn't win more than 10 games when he was healthy....

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    You know - playmakers on both sides of the ball. Guys WITH speed who played at real NCAA football programs.
    are you saying that Wilson, Vlad and John Conner don't meet the bill?????

    Conner was a coaches pick. We went to UK looking at a linebacker and comeback with a fullback.

    Yep...thats how SB teams build.

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GangGreen28 View Post
    We have some hits but when we miss we miss bad, we need more depth for sure
    We've killed our depth over the past 5 years, we've had half the draft picks that NE had. Remember the good old days when we drafted Abraham, Ellis, Pennington and a good blocking tight end Becht. Those were the days, we didn't pin our hopes on one guy, we knew that half the first rounders bust.
    Now we're doing the exact opposite and it shows. Pinning all our hopes on one pick, or player. The draft is not a perfect system, great players and busts are found throughout. Look at the free agents who become solid players.
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 11-24-2012 at 07:18 AM.

  12. #12
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    are you saying that Wilson, Vlad and John Conner don't meet the bill?????

    Conner was a coaches pick. We went to UK looking at a linebacker and comeback with a fullback.

    Yep...thats how SB teams build.
    Wilson was a late first rounder and is contributing, Vlad was a mistake, and Conner a 4th. Not every pick you make is going to work out that's why instead of wasting picks it's better to stockpile.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Would have liked Wilfork as opposed to Vilma. If we had him we would have had our Super Bowl 2 years ago. You wouldn't have seen Pittsburgh running through our Dl the way we did.
    You beat me to it Wilfork would have been much better then the Bounty man..

  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You beat me to it Wilfork would have been much better then the Bounty man..
    Just imagine the impact of having Wilfork here. We would have avoided the Jenkins injuries, Saved a draft pick or two and avoided having to go against him all these years.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Just imagine the impact of having Wilfork here. We would have avoided the Jenkins injuries, Saved a draft pick or two and avoided having to go against him all these years.
    +1 Jenks was hell when he was well but that wasn't often.. Just 6 games in his last 2 seasons with the Jets.. Wilfolk has missed just 6 games in his career..

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greenwich Village, NY
    Posts
    2,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    We could have also had Shaun Rogers but took that bum Lamont . My least favorite pick of that era was bj askew. He had a very good career but why on earth spend a 3rd on a fullback??? Pick never made sense

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    You guys make it sound like we have done nothing in the draft since those days. Whats wrong with drafting Revis Mangold Brick Harris Wilkerson Coples Keller Kerley Hill?? Looks good to me.


    Harris - blah, Wilkerson - 1st rd blah, Coples - is he playing ever blah, Hill - fast, can't catch blah, Keller - grossly overrated blah.
    Kerley decent #3.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO Tanny's biggest downfall has been giving up picks and completely ignoring glaring needs.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us