Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: You know what sucks about this season?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

You know what sucks about this season?

The three wins.

The Jets looked so bad in pre-season. We knew then they were bad. We were ready for it.

And when they kicked Buffalo in the teeth, we let our guard down. Maybe they were better than the sum of their parts. Maybe the Teebow circus didn't matter. The win against Miami was ugly, but kept the Jets in the mix. The win against St. Louis rekindled the flame.

Eleven games in and we have firm reality. The Jets suck. We knew it before, and we saw it again last night with an exclamation point. The sooner they are mathematically eliminated, the better. I don't want to read or hear Rex comments about wounded but not dead. They are dead. Its best to admit it sooner rather than later, particularly the owner, so he can get on with the business of cleaning house.

This team is bad in spectacular ways. The circus label is well deserved.

It's amazing how much this team has regressed in just three years. That's the mark of poor management and poor coaching.

Rex will again make a fine defensive coordinator somewhere, but he clearly is not a good NFL head coach, for a variety of reasons. Making guys want to play for you because you say the right things isn't enough. You also have to do the right things.

Mike Tannenbaum has done a lot of good things during his Jets career, but the roster has been in decline for several years now, and that's on him.

How I hate that it looks like the Jets need to be rebuilt AGAIN. But accepting reality is the first step in fixing things.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    literally everything

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since the victory over the Patriots in the 2010 AFC Playoffs, the Jets are 12-16 and have beaten the following teams:

Cowboys
    Jaguars
    Dolphins
    Chargers
    Bills
    Bills
    Redskins
    Chiefs
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Colts
    Rams

In that span, we have lost to the following teams:

Steelers
    Raiders
    Ravens
    Patriots
    Patriots
    Broncos
    Eagles
    Giants
    Dolphins
    Steelers
    49ers
    Texans
    Patriots
    Dolphins
    Seahawks
    Patriots

That makes us:

0-12 against teams that have a winning record at year's end.
    12-4 against teams that have a losing record at year's end.

We are the best average team in the NFL. Like the King of the Geeks in high school, he pwn's the rest of the dorks but will never date the head cheerleader.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Since the victory over the Patriots in the 2010 AFC Playoffs, the Jets are 12-16 and have beaten the following teams:

Cowboys
    Jaguars
    Dolphins
    Chargers
    Bills
    Bills
    Redskins
    Chiefs
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Colts
    Rams

Steelers
    Raiders
    Ravens
    Patriots
    Patriots
    Broncos
    Eagles
    Giants
    Dolphins
    Steelers
    49ers
    Texans
    Patriots
    Dolphins
    Seahawks
    Patriots

That makes us:

We are the best average team in the NFL. Like the King of the Geeks in high school, he pwn's the rest of the dorks but will never date the head cheerleader.

SAR I

as much as it sucks, your reality check posts make it worse

why do we love this team again?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well Rex thought that by not selecting captains to begin 2012 after selecting them in 2011 would help. But it seems that almost everything is failing the team this year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    as much as it sucks, your reality check posts make it worse

why do we love this team again?
    Sorry.

I forgot.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry.

I forgot.

SAR I
    Meh, not like they won't make me realize it more after the next game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rbstern View Post
    The three wins.

The Jets looked so bad in pre-season. We knew then they were bad. We were ready for it.

And when they kicked Buffalo in the teeth, we let our guard down. Maybe they were better than the sum of their parts. Maybe the Teebow circus didn't matter. The win against Miami was ugly, but kept the Jets in the mix. The win against St. Louis rekindled the flame.

Eleven games in and we have firm reality. The Jets suck. We knew it before, and we saw it again last night with an exclamation point. The sooner they are mathematically eliminated, the better. I don't want to read or hear Rex comments about wounded but not dead. They are dead. Its best to admit it sooner rather than later, particularly the owner, so he can get on with the business of cleaning house.

It's amazing how much this team has regressed in just three years. That's the mark of poor management and poor coaching.

Rex will again make a fine defensive coordinator somewhere, but he clearly is not a good NFL head coach, for a variety of reasons. Making guys want to play for you because you say the right things isn't enough. You also have to do the right things.

Mike Tannenbaum has done a lot of good things during his Jets career, but the roster has been in decline for several years now, and that's on him.

How I hate that it looks like the Jets need to be rebuilt AGAIN. But accepting reality is the first step in fixing things.
    Pretty much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Cowboys
    Jaguars
    Dolphins
    Chargers
    Bills
    Bills
    Redskins
    Chiefs
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Colts
    Rams

Steelers
    Raiders
    Ravens
    Patriots
    Patriots
    Broncos
    Eagles
    Giants
    Dolphins
    Steelers
    49ers
    Texans
    Patriots
    Dolphins
    Seahawks
    Patriots

That makes us:

SAR I
    Well that pretty much sums things up.
    I wanted to believe Rex could get things straightened out but I was wrong. His message is dead.
    Sanchez is David Carr reincarnated. Afraid of home games. When that happens you have to cut bait.
    You just can not have your QB averaging 2-3 TOs every single home game.
    The fans are already thorny & pissed & TOs at home especially we get the crowd against you.
    Going forward, only the Oline & secondary will be "veterans" this team will have to get much younger & faster.
    So you need a coach that can #1 handle vets & #2 is a good teacher.
    Who that is I have no clue but let the search begin, I can't stand watching this fundamentally flawed team making mistake after mistake each week & no one loses their job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What sucks even more is the likelihood of a 3-2, 4-1 end to the season that will leave us at 7-9, 8-8, screwing ourselves out of a Top 10 draft pick and giving the organization the excuse that "well, if Revis and Holmes were here we'd have won 10 or 11 games" or some nonsense like that, and 2013 will be yet another .500 or below season. People thought we had a difficult schedule this year. Ha. Just wait until next year when we're up against the AFC North and NFC South.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Cowboys
    Jaguars
    Dolphins
    Chargers
    Bills
    Bills
    Redskins
    Chiefs
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Colts
    Rams

Steelers
    Raiders
    Ravens
    Patriots
    Patriots
    Broncos
    Eagles
    Giants
    Dolphins
    Steelers
    49ers
    Texans
    Patriots
    Dolphins
    Seahawks
    Patriots

That makes us:

SAR I
    What you are describing is a bully team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The three wins.

The great thing about the NFL is the way you can rebuild pretty quickly. The Jets really do need to clean house.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    The great thing about the NFL is the way you can rebuild pretty quickly. The Jets really do need to clean house.
    True, the jets most likely will suck again next year. But in 2014 they will no longer be constrained by the bad contracts, they will have plenty of cap room and two years of picking in the top 10. A little luck and the jets will challange the pats again as they roll Brady out in his chair to take snaps.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What you are describing is a bully team.
    Which describes the HC

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The three wins.

Aren't there four wins?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Aren't there four wins?
    Maybe he's like me and doesn't consider the Week 3 "win" a win.

What a sham.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Aren't there four wins?
    Yep. Forgot about Indy. Nothing but more smoke and mirrors.