Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 494

Thread: can we show a little loyalty/love to the guys that delivered two AFCCG's?

  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    As you don't understand my post I'll make it clearer for you.

    Rex Ryan SHOULD be doing what it takes to win. Yes, you are correct in saying that. But that ONLY happens if he starts making changes. We have seen enough over the last 2 seasons to KNOW that Sanchez sucks and he needs to go. There's no debating this. He's a complete trainwreck on the football field.

    He must also make changes elsewhere and I'll leave those changes up to this board to debate, but clearly just changing the QB will not resurrect this offense.

    And it's completely absurd to say sh*t like "appeasing the likes of you". You were just trying to be a smart a$$. As I already said and you do not seem to understand, they should be doing what is right for the New York Jets. THAT, just so happens to coincide with what the fans want. Most every fan has wanted Sanchez benched for the longest time. So if they opt to make changes (and they should, we are 4-7. How does staying the course help the team in ANY way?), they would in turn be doing what the fans want. That would show the fans, media, etc. etc. etc. that Rex has loyalty to WINNING and the FANS.
    I understood your post just fine, and you're WRONG.

    Changes don't HAVE to be made to fix the current issues, it's called player development and tweaking the things the team is doing on the field. In the case of Sanchez, replacing him is NOT the only option, they can improve the players around him, they could allow for injured players to return, they could tweak what they do in the playbook. Most of the problems are chemistry and confidence, and player development. Mark needs to make strides, he needs to improve in his decision making, he needs to grow up from the mistakes he does make. He CAN do this. IF he does not, then yes, he should be replaced.

    I wasn't trying to be anything with my comments about appeasing you or any other fan. I understand perfectly that the people who run the Jets should be doing everything possible to do what is necessary to win. That DOES NOT mean making changes because fans think that is what needs to be done. Fans, the majority of the time, don't know ****, and respond based on emotion and frustration when things aren't going well. I don't give a crap if part of the fan base wants Sanchez benched, that isn't necessarily the answer, or the problem to begin with.

    Before Eli Manning became Eli Manning, he was struggling, the fan base wanted him gone, they wanted Coughlin fired, it's a good thing the team did NOT APPEASE the fans, eh? THAT is my point.

    At NO point should Rex or any member of the organization make moves based on what the fans want or what the media wants, that would show they have absolutely no clue of what they are doing.

    But thanks for trying to make it clearer for me.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 11-25-2012 at 10:07 AM.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Dudes, I am as pissed as anyone. I was embarrassed yesterday. It sucked. Ass. But come on. Teams have bad seasons. Horrible seasons. This crew has accomplished more than any other in the history of the organization. Why are we so mad? Because our expectations have increased. Why? Because of the success of this regime...We HAVE to give them the benefit of the doubt. Regardless of how crappy this season is.
    In a word "no". After the 09,10 this crew has found more ridiculous ways to lose. I don't see any upside with the status quo.

  3. #323
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

    Changes don't HAVE to be made to fix the current issues, it's called player development and tweaking the things the team is doing on the field.
    It take discipline and good coaching to develop players.

    Wrecks is incapable of doing that.

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    It take discipline and good coaching to develop players.

    Wrecks is incapable of doing that.
    Don't worry, we're going 12-4.

  5. #325
    Congratulations to the moderator know as Ray (again, I think it's Warfish). You have definitely met your quota of posts generated. How much is SOOTH's bonus check this year?

    In addition, catastrophically flawed as it may be, your circular "argument" has once again deflected attention from your ridiculous claim of a 12-4 record for the Jets this year.

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    It take discipline and good coaching to develop players.

    Wrecks is incapable of doing that.
    STFU Troll

  7. #327
    Ray Ray, be please be honest here. Do you not watch Sanchez actually play the game? Most of the horrble plays he makes are totally his fault. It doesn't matter who you have surrounding him when he is an innacurate passer, and very turnover prone.

    Are you happy with our Wr group when Holmes gets healthy?

    Are you happy with out OLBs?

    Are you happy with our ILBs?

    Are you happy with our RB's?

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Congratulations to the moderator know as Ray (again, I think it's Warfish). You have definitely met your quota of posts generated. How much is SOOTH's bonus check this year?

    In addition, catastrophically flawed as it may be, your circular "argument" has once again deflected attention from your ridiculous claim of a 12-4 record for the Jets this year.
    A claim that never happened. And btw, aligning yourself with SAR based on recent behavior isn't exactly a good thing, tread carefully oh perverted one!

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Ray Ray, be please be honest here. Do you not watch Sanchez actually play the game? Most of the horrble plays he makes are totally his fault. It doesn't matter who you have surrounding him when he is an innacurate passer, and very turnover prone.
    Thank you, but logic doesn't go far with some.

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Ray Ray, be please be honest here. Do you not watch Sanchez actually play the game? Most of the horrble plays he makes are totally his fault. It doesn't matter who you have surrounding him when he is an innacurate passer, and very turnover prone.

    Are you happy with our Wr group when Holmes gets healthy?

    Are you happy with out OLBs?

    Are you happy with our ILBs?

    Are you happy with our RB's?
    Come on, all of that is the fault of the media.

  11. #331
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,940
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Come on, all of that is the fault of the media.
    LOL....clearly. All this team needs is some "tweaks".

  12. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL....clearly. All this team needs is some "tweaks".
    As long as teaks are defined as - Shoot everybody....

  13. #333
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

    Changes don't HAVE to be made to fix the current issues, it's called player development and tweaking the things the team is doing on the field. In the case of Sanchez, replacing him is NOT the only option, they can improve the players around him, they could allow for injured players to return, they could tweak what they do in the playbook. Most of the problems are chemistry and confidence, and player development. Mark needs to make strides, he needs to improve in his decision making, he needs to grow up from the mistakes he does make. He CAN do this. IF he does not, then yes, he should be replaced.
    When? Year 12?

    Chemistry and confidence? You're funny.

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Dudes, I am as pissed as anyone. I was embarrassed yesterday. It sucked. Ass. But come on. Teams have bad seasons. Horrible seasons. This crew has accomplished more than any other in the history of the organization. Why are we so mad? Because our expectations have increased. Why? Because of the success of this regime...We HAVE to give them the benefit of the doubt. Regardless of how crappy this season is.
    No, we don't. They inherited a talented team that they let evaporate, by drafting poorly overall, andmishandling free agency hence the deterioration reflected in the loss/won column the past 3 seasons. After following the Jets since 66', I can assure you the problems are organizationally entrenched. Until the Jets have an owner that knows and has the ability to attract and keep a talented GM that knows talent and also how to select a talented head coach who knows how to attract a talented coaching staff who collectively know how to maximize the talent they have every season comsistently.........you & I will be stuck with a team like the Jets.

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Ray Ray, be please be honest here. Do you not watch Sanchez actually play the game? Most of the horrble plays he makes are totally his fault. It doesn't matter who you have surrounding him when he is an innacurate passer, and very turnover prone.
    I have been completely honest.

    Don't ask me stupid questions about whether or not I watch the games. I've said it before, but for whatever reason it doesn't register with some of you Sanchez haters. By no means, have I suggested Sanchez isn't without fault, hasn't had his struggles, has not progressed the way we all hoped and thought he would, I most definitely agree, this part of his development to this point has been frustrating, but what I've always maintained, is that there are many reasons for this, and that is what I touch on time and time again, and they are all 100% valid. There are so many factors, one cannot make blanket assessments, blanket accusations, and make end all comments that a player sucks and that's it. Sanchez has shown in the past that he CAN be a very good QB, but he's been inconsistent. Winning 4 playoff games on the road is no easy task, not by a long shot, and those first two years, he displayed a confidence and a swagger that we should see in a #5 overall pick. But the last two years, a lot of things have gone wrong for the team and for him as a player, and having to deal with roster turnover at the skill positions as he has, now a new offense, injuries, etc, that is extremely difficult for any QB in the NFL. Timing is also a factor, timing of the season, of an opponent.

    Look at a player like Flacco, look at his play the last several weeks, he too is a player that is struggling, yet because the team started fast, he gets a pass. Look at the last 3-4 weeks though, with the injuries the team has sustained, how very different it has been when compared to the Jets, the Ravens team has won, but they've played garbage competition, and they've NOT played well. The Jets have had to deal with injuries all year, and to this point, have played against very good teams. Things looked promising in the 2nd half of the Texans game, then the Colts game, and then most of the first Patriot game. Seattle is a brutal match-up for any team, the Jets were without their 2nd and 3rd RB's in that game, injuries continued to be a factor, they were not able to implement the game plan they've designed this year's team for.

    People forget how young Sanchez is, his mistakes are still happening, but he's STILL a YOUNG player. The bottomline, I'm not ready to give up on the player, this shouldn't be construed as me ignoring that Sanchez has struggled, but I've seen the talent, we all have, he's put it on display, he's shown in flashes he can be a franchise QB's, but the mistakes continue to happen. I realize there should come a point where the team has to move on, but not after a season like this season, not with all the injuries, a new offense, all coupled with a youth movement and young players, i.e. Stephen Hill, Kerley etc. There was a reason why so many wanted the team to bring Braylon back, because he provided that #1 WR effect to the team, that ability to stretch the field and threaten defenses, Bray is no longer tha player, but the team hopes Hill can be and will be, he's just not there yet.

    Are you happy with our Wr group when Holmes gets healthy?
    I like the potential of Hill, a lot, but we need to be patient. Kerley has proven to be a nice #3 WR, who is now forced to playing a #2 role. I like Gates' upside, but again, another young player, still developing, but a lot of raw talent. The group needs to mature, and we could probably use a veteran boost at the position next year. Schilens plays hard, but he just doesn't give us what we had in Braylon, maybe Hill grows up this off-season and becomes a bigger factor. Holmes returns next year, and if he can mature, and get past his own issues as a selfish player, a Hill/Holmes tandem has a lot of potential.

    Are you happy with out OLBs?
    Absolutely not, I said in another post, that LB is probably the position needs the most attention this off-season, especially at OLB. We need a major upgrade from Pace and Thomas.

    Are you happy with our ILBs?
    Again, see above, LB as a whole needs an overhaul. I like Harris, like what I see in Davis, and even Dowtin has some ability. I think Mauga is valuable depth player. ILB is in a lot better shape than OLB.

    Are you happy with our RB's?
    I can buy the argument that Greene hasn't lived up to expectations, even that he's probably better served as a depth player or a #3 RB in the role he played behind Thomas Jones and LT the last three years before this season. He's serviceable, he doesn't suck, but I think he can still be an effective player. If McKnight and Powell don't get injured, we probably see a much better performance in the running game this year. In today's NFL, the one stud RB system is a rarity, teams these days need a rotation at RB, I actually think the talent we have now at RB is good, but they've been hurt, so we haven't seen this current group reach their potential. After not being a factor at all last season, Powell has at least shown flashes of potential this year. McKnight is a player with a ton of talent, but he needs to be on the field, he needs to be able to perform in blitz protection, that has been his problem and not being on the field in the role that the team likes with Powell. Finally, we saw a play last week in the Rams game where McKnight was a weapon coming out of the backfield in the passing game, I think Sparano wants to do more of this but McKnight has been dealing with a high ankle sprain.

  16. #336

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    When? Year 12?

    Chemistry and confidence? You're funny.
    Stop responding to my posts Troll, you are garbage, I'd spit in your face if I had the chance because your only intent on this board and in responding to my posts, and your pathetic 45,000 posts on this board is to be a douche bag

    STFU!

  18. #338
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Timing is also a factor, timing of the season, of an opponent. .
    Timing of the season has been a problem?

  19. #339
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Stop responding to my posts Troll, you are garbage, I'd spit in your face if I had the chance because your only intent on this board and in responding to my posts, and your pathetic 45,000 posts on this board is to be a douche bag

    STFU!
    Ray, you need to calm down. I am talking football here.

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Timing of the season has been a problem?
    Must feel good to act tough and be a douche on an internet message board from behind the comfort of your computer.

    You are trash.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us