Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: can we show a little loyalty/love to the guys that delivered two AFCCG's?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Not just any sort of turnovers though - granted the KR fumble was just a solid hit, but Sanchez's butt-play was Keystone Cop stuff. Embarrassing. Smacked of lack of focus, lack of preparation, lack of discipline.
    I think no one here would deny the Pats are the better team, but Mark is a turnover machine.

While the game was still competitive Sanchez killed us. He threw a killer interception on a nice early drive, and then fumbled on a keystone cop play that turned into a TD and a 21-0 deficit.

I do not count anything Sanchez did when the game was out of hand. When Rex cited a 94 QB rating after the game, he must think we are idiots to buy that BS.

Hall Of Fame
    MDL, Rex has shown virtually no growth as a HC. People knock Sanchez for making the same mistakes and not improving. The same can be said for Rex. And the team has suffered as a result. We are incredibly sloppy and undisciplined. Sometimes we border on looking unprofessional. That is all on Rex. I am not even going to go into his complete neglecting of the offensive side of the ball.

This all dates back to the Pitt AFCCG. That was the beginning of the end. How he allowed the team to come out flat like that is unforgivable. HE created the atmosphere for the team to act as if the NE win was the SB.

Then he and Tanny mishandled the lockout and subsequent FA frenzy. Restructuring contracts of aging players so they can romance Aso while losing key players like Smith and Edwards. And then the whole Cotchery/Mason debacle. His departure left a leadership void in this team that has yet to be filled.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 11-24-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I also think Rex is a good HC, the team he has is not very talented. However if Woody decides on a new GM at the end of the season, whomever that GM is should have the right to choose his own HC.

Of course if Woody decides to keep Rex and remove Tannenbaum, the other alternative is to make Rex the head of the football operations and bring in a personnel guy that would work for Rex.
    What in the last two has Rex done to show he is a good coach? His defense is not impressive,he has not shown ability to beat teams with good records,in-game coaching has not been good. We are 4-9 in our last 13 games. Rex is the problem.

Trying to be as objective as possible, I don't think Rex is the problem; the only issue I have with him as HC is that he needs to control the locker room better, but I even let him off the hook in that regard because it's very difficult to do so when you don't have any natural "player leaders" when the doors close. So, I don't think this can be put on Ryan. Even Belichick wouldn't have the control he does of his locker room without Brady in charge on Offense and, in the past, Harrison and Bruschi in charge on the D and, today, Mayo and Wilfork. Does anyone seriously think that Talib will even think about stepping out of line in a locker room controlled by Brady, Mayo and Wilfork?

The problem clearly starts with Woody Johnson, whose signature accomplishment in life began and ended on the day he succeeded at the awesome task of being born to extremely wealthy parents. However, it's unrealistic to expect that Johnson will fire himself or sell the team to the Krafts or Maras or Rooneys, any one of which would whip the franchise into shape.

It's clear that Tannenchez is in way, way over his head and has to go. I don't think there's any reasonable doubt or discussion possible about that.

Sparano is, as Bill Parcells would say, "what his record says he is" when you consider his failures at the Dolphins and now with the Jets. He clearly has to go as well, but people are generally reluctant to fire someone after one season, so he'll probably have to stick around and blow for another season or two before he's ****-canned.

Sanchez himself clearly has the skills to start in the NFL, but he has had four seasons now to demonstrate that he can develop into the kind of QB that can take it up to the next level and lead his team to a League Championship; unfortunately, he has not done so and some would argue that he is actually regressing. That puts the organization in the difficult position of having to decide whether they can somehow win it all with an "OK" QB, as have other teams (Dilfer and Williams as examples) or whether they need to free up the cap space to draft or sign a true "Franchise Quarterback." That's a tough decision and, unfortunately for the Jets and their fans, one which Woody Johnson's "track record" does not qualify him to make.

Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    What in the last two has Rex done to show he is a good coach? His defense is not impressive,he has not shown ability to beat teams with good records,in-game coaching has not been good. We are 4-9 in our last 13 games. Rex is the problem.
    I can't argue with a lot of what you say. Since we were 8-5 last year, we are 4-10.

However, the talent level on this team is not good, I don't know of any coach that would win with this team.

My problem is more with the personnel decisions, particularly the last two seasons. Just about every personnel move made since the '11 lockout ended, has resulted in a downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post

So he had two good seasons and two bad. So that's that?

Like most have said, the talent isn't there and players have aged. Not everything happens over night.

The defense is fine, yeah it can obviously get a lot better but the offense is just much much worse. Besides the awful QB, not having our starting WR's be Clyde Gates and Chaz Schilens would help.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    So he had two good seasons and two bad. So that's that?

Like most have said, the talent isn't there and players have aged. Not everything happens over night.

The defense is fine, yeah it can obviously get a lot better but the offense is just much much worse. Besides the awful QB, not having our starting WR's be Clyde Gates and Chaz Schilens would help.
    The defense is fine??

We probably have the slowest LB corp in the NFL. We have no depth at CB and safety. We have an abyssmal pass rush.

I don't think it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    The defense is fine??

We probably have the slowest LB corp in the NFL. We have no depth at CB and safety. We have an abyssmal pass rush.

I don't think it's fine.
    I didn't say it can't improve. But I don't think it's as bad as some make it out to be on here. I think the main problem is the LB corp like you mentioned.

But the offense has and always will be the major problem until they find a QB and actually get some playmakers that threaten a defense. One that doesn't constantly go 3 and out or turn it over in the redzone over and over.

The past is the past for a reason. Thanks for the memories, but when you stop producing it's time to go. This will be the second consecutive season a Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan team fail to reach the post-season. One could argue that they deserve one more season, but what promise is there really for the future? We don't have a feature running back, we have an aging offensive line and linebacking core, and most importantly we don't have a franchise quarterback.

How wonderful.

Banned
    The defense is fine??

We probably have the slowest LB corp in the NFL.
    Bart Scott is the worst starting LB in the NFL.

Old, slow and soft.

At least he talks a good game.

Hall Of Fame
    Loyalty?? Show some loyalty for two AFCCG APPEARANCES ?

Some of you people speak of these games like they WON the Super Bowl. I have never seen so many people speak of losses in a conference championship game the way the Jets do.

As far as loyalty goes, we will all be here long after this current regime is.

The defense is fine??

I don't think it's fine.
    This is the problem right here...we have needs everywhere! Replace the JAG WR's (RB), still have slow LB's. Replace the slow LB's, and we have the offense we have now (terrible).
    I say go offense because at least it is entertaining to the fans when we score!

Jets Insider VIP
    A couple of AFC Championship appearances doesn't discount the fact that Rex has had this entire team woefully unprepared for the last two seasons.

Are we still holding on to those two AFCC games? I mean, really?

We came in 3rd/4th place two years in a row. Yay

And don't even get me started on Tannenbaum. That f*cking mook should be fired based on the Sanchez extension alone. "Oh we're sorry we showed some interest in one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game, Mark. We didn't mean do damage your fragile little psyche. So here's an extension that all but guarantees that we're stuck with your sorry ass for the next two years. Kiss, Kiss."

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    A couple of AFC Championship appearances doesn't discount the fact that Rex has had this entire team woefully unprepared for the last two seasons.
    And let's be honest, were unprepared for the January 2011 AFC Championship Game.

They've been unprepared since the Can't Wait Super Bowl of January 2011. That was this regime's Super Bowl, and that's pathetic. The fans who still celebrate it to this day like it was are equally as pathetic.

Meanwhile New England continues to wipe their ass with us.

The thing is he bought those two good years and last year with future dollars.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The thing is he bought those two good years and last year with future dollars.
    Great point, with the Jets cap situation with all those stupid contracts and Tanny trading away draft picks, the next 2 or 3 years looks pretty damn bleak for Jets fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    The defense is fine, yeah it can obviously get a lot better
    fine
    it can obviously get a lot better
    Bro, pick one. Point to the talent all you want, but the scheme sucks. Rex isn't this defensive genius people make him out to be. Fact is, his defenses with the Jets NEVER come up clutch, even dating back to 2009 when they were No. 1 overall.

His blitz schemes were figured out (let's send everyone up the middle, that'll get 'em ) and good teams, Pats especially, know just how to surgically slice and dice him up.

Rex is a GOOD, not GREAT defensive mind that became a head coach on the strength of Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata and Ed Reed. Though he hasn't had nearly the same kinds of players with the Jets, he's shown no growth as a head coach, ignores the offensive side of the ball and his loyalty prevents the best players from playing.

Two AFCCG appearances don't mean ****. The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately?" league, and lately Rex has done squat.

Time to cut bait.
    Last edited by 10PennyToColes87; 11-24-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Bro, pick one. Point to the talent all you want, but the scheme frankly sucks. Rex isn't this defensive genius people make him out to be. Fact is, his defenses with the Jets NEVER come up clutch, even dating back to 2009 when they were No. 1 overall.

His blitz schemes were figured out (let's send everyone up the middle, that'll get 'em ) and good teams, Pats especially, know just how to surgically slice and dice him up.

Rex is a GOOD, not GREAT defensive mind that became a head coach on the strength of Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Haloti Ngata and Ed Reed. Though he hasn't had nearly the same kinds of players with the Jets, he's shown no growth as a head coach, ignores the offensive side of the ball and his loyalty prevents the best players from playing.

Two AFCCG appearances don't mean ****. The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately?" league, and lately Rex has done squat.

Time to cut bait.
    THIS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Great point, with the Jets cap situation with all those stupid contracts and Tanny trading away draft picks, the next 2 or 3 years looks pretty damn bleak for Jets fans.
    dude...quit trolling.