Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 9-7 Widcard

Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    check the remainder of the colts schedule... and share whatever it is you're puffin on
    You have a bad team winning 5 straight games to end the season behind a terrible QB and you want to know what I'm smoking...

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    So....if we were on the Titanic you would need for there to be NO SHIP sticking from the water?
    No. I wouldn't have run into the iceberg like Sanchez ran into Moore's butt. LOL

Seriously, you don't sound a retreat the first time you get some guys in the wire. And it isn't over just yet. Remember the Giants last year. And last night for that matter. Eli and the Giants given up for dead. Not yet as well.

Look, I'll even humor the super homers that were behind this thread and look at each game:

Cardinals at home - 80% chance of winning. Our easiest remaining game by far. This team has the worst QB situation in the NFL and has lost 7 straight. They could literally only win if they score points on defense and special teams, but they have a decent D and a good returner, so anything is possible. The fact that I would even give a dreadful team like the Cards a 20% chance to win speaks volumes of itself about where the Jets are.

at Jacksonville - 60% chance of winning. Game would have been almost a lock if Gabbert was playing, but alas, Henne has torched Rex's Ds in the past and he's playing well since being inserted. They have rallied behind Henne and will play hard to try to save Mularkey's job. Their D is awful though and they are a terrible home team.

at Titans - 30% chance of winning. Johnson may run for 200 against us. Sanchez will probably have multiple turnovers. I don't like our chances. If the Titans players think Munchak's job is in jeopardy and he needs wins down the stretch, this is one they have circled bigtime.

Chargers - 40% chance of winning. They still have the better QB and their D has not given up as evidenced by yesterday. I think the players actually like Norv (no idea why) and will try to get wins to save his job (which can't be saved, but they don't know that).

at Bills - 50% chance of winning. We've owned them of late, but they're due to beat us eventually. This game will likely mean nothing for either team, so we may even see a T-Jack v. Tebow matchup rather than Fitz v. Sanchez. Either QB "duel" is laughable anyway...

The bigger picture is why anyone wants to see this Jets team in the playoffs anyway? The willdcard round game if they got there in Denver, New England, or Baltimore would be a bloodbath. Is that what the homers want? Another embarrassment on national TV? For no changes to be made this offseason because Rex and Tanny will spin playoffs as a good year? Sorry, I don't see how this benefits our organization.
    Last edited by SlickBri481; 11-26-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Cinci, Pittsburgh, Miami, and the Colts are going to battle it out to see who gets in.

I'm still taking Pittsburgh and Cinci. Tomlin's too good of a coach and will beat the piss out of them this week until they are rabid and they will possibly win out.

Cinci's far and away the best roster of this bunch.

Dalton's on pace for more than 30TD's this year. AJ Green is arguably the best receiver in the league this year and Green-Ellis is consistent, even if he is a bit underwhelming.

But that D-Tackle they have, Geno Atkins, is probably the best in the NFL right now. That guy is nasty.

Pac Man is a shut down corner. Michael Johnson has 8 sacks.

As crazy as it sounds though, I still think Pittsburgh comes out of the AFC to win the Super Bowl this year if Ben recovers what he had going, which was a MVP year.

Schluberator & Gadfly

Even IF they should win out, this team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I do not want to root against my team *but* running the table gives our Owner Woody the Mirage that the Jets have a QB still....when they really don't.

I would be SHOCKED if the Jets run the table.....SHOCKED beyond belief.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I do not want to root against my team *but* running the table gives our Owner Woody the Mirage that the Jets have a QB still....when they really don't.

You have come a long way...... the Sanchez avatar seems so recent

I have a bad feeling that we'll finish 8-8 or 7-9 and miss the playoffs the last week of the season, which is exactly the worst scenario for us- meaning that we don't have a good position in the draft and we're stuck with this Woody/Tannenbaum/Rex/Sparano circus for another year at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

Yeah, what some of the bigger homers around don't realize is winning out could actually be counterproductive, and I'm not even so sure why they desperately want a meaningless playoff appearance that would be the result of playing in a weak conference and beating other bad teams. The game would almost certainly be a blowout, do they really need to see this team get blown out one last time this season to be convinced we aren't championship contenders? An under .500 record and no playoffs has a far greater chance of bringing changes that this team needs. That isn't to say you specifically go out there and root for the team to lose any particular game, but you hope they don't pull off the improbable and convince the entire front office and coaching staff that "nothing is wrong" and it was a "good season." In the long run, that would be far more damaging to this team than a 7-9 non-playoff season. 9-7 probably only brings about a 30-40% chance of the playoffs anyway, considering we need help from other teams and may not hold tiebreakers. That would really be the worst case scenario, finishing up the season 5-0, missing the playoffs anyway, not bringing about organizational changes, and getting a far worse draft pick.

So basically, we root for 2 more losses then?

It's not out of the realm of possibility that the Jets lose 2 more games. Excuse me for "going out on a limb" there.