Thread: How to properly rebuild

How to properly rebuild

I truly believe an effective draft and a few smart FA additions and the Jets will be fine. I believe that Sanchez gets a raw deal with the quality of targets he has and the Oline.

Here is what I would do understanding we are trying to restock and have an eye towards the future Jets FA. With a pending high draft pick coming.

I would still initally focus on stocking the defense with young talent an with that being said I would pick Jarvis Jones is available or Demontre Moore.

Second Pick, would be Da'Rick Rogers WR. Team him with Hill, Kerley, Holmes (who has 1 year left realistically with us).

Third Pick, Hugh Thornton OG. He is your new LG with Vlad and Hayworth Nicks competing for RG.

Fourth Pick, Terry Hawthorne simply cause you can never have enough for Rex and Lankster is disappointing.

Fifth round, is either Stefphon Jefferson or Michael Dyer as a new rotationa RB since Shonn Greene is going to command more than we should spend. Powell, Griffin, McKnight and Jefferson/Dyer will be more that adequate.

For Free Agency, we need to be fiscally smart so these additions should not be expensive

I like Kentwan Balmer as an additional rotational DE

Thomas Howard and Ernie Sims would be nice LBer talent

Greg Camarillo or Brian Hartline. When was the last time we ran an effective 5 WR sets.

Lastly, our new ROT to "compete" with Howard......Jeff Otah... He has enrolled in LeCharles Bentley school and has re found his spark and lost 20lbs.

Result our Oline is

dbrick, vlad/Hicks, mangold, Thornton, Otah with schlauderaff, howard and smith (should be signed for reasonable monies) as primary backups

LBers, Sapp, harris, davis, Jones/moore with Howard, Mauga, Sims, and DJ Bryant as backups.

For the Dline, we add Balmer

RBs are Mcknight, Powell, Griffin (on PS and could stay for development), Jefferson/Dyer.

WRs are Holmes, Hill, Rogers, Kerley, White and Hartline/Camarillo.

DBs, Revis and Hawthorne are added and everyone else is resigned except lankster.

Tebow is traded for a 5th round pick. Plus my only other gripe is the practice squad needs to be used to develop players more effectively or as a feeder system. We need to find some Oline and Dline players for a year worth of seasoning so we can replace Pouha next year and still maintain depth. Since Tebow is gone we need to add a QB to the PS too.

Please provide your thoughts? Every FA should be inexpensive.. Thoughts on adding Otah

I like your plan but we traded for Otah and he couldn't pass a physical- I'm not so quick to give him another chance. Everything else I agree with.

All Pro
    No attempt at rebuilding should be considered with this front office and coaching staff as presently constituted.

Jets Insider VIP
    We need the new head coach to struggle in year one. A 3 win season and #1 pick in the draft would be the best thing for our franchise.

The instant success with herm,mangini and then rex were good for the fans, but not for the future of the franchise.

Next year win 3 games and get the #1 pick in the draft, 2014 win 6 games and then 2015 make a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We need the new head coach to struggle in year one. A 3 win season and #1 pick in the draft would be the best thing for our franchise.

The instant success with herm,mangini and then rex were good for the fans, but not for the future of the franchise.

Next year win 3 games and get the #1 pick in the draft, 2014 win 6 games and then 2015 make a run.
    Good point and this seems to be a trend with our HCs. The new HC next year will most likely struggle anyway. The Jets hands are tied with some bad contracts until 2014, but it will take a few years to build up personnel especially on offense.

I think it can be done with the cap space that you have.