Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official SAR Was Right Thread

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    What's with everyone blowing SAR?

The same guy who strongly believes that Sanchez isn't part of the problem?
    Sanchez is a part of the problem.

I just believe that we've seen enough of him to know that under circumstances that any team needs to win a Championship (good running game, good OL, good WR's) that he has an uncanny 4th quarter ability and is money in big-pressure games.

Some want him gone, I want him to get another year with a real coordinator, a new HC, and some offensive weapons. I don't think I'm being unrealistic in that regard.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's with everyone blowing SAR?

The same guy who strongly believes that Sanchez isn't part of the problem?
    This thread is hysterical.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

I just believe that we've seen enough of him to know that under circumstances that any team needs to win a Championship (good running game, good OL, good WR's) that he has an uncanny 4th quarter ability and is money in big-pressure games.

Some want him gone, I want him to get another year with a real coordinator, a new HC, and some offensive weapons. I don't think I'm being unrealistic in that regard.

SAR I
    This is precious stuff.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    How about another year with Rex as HC with a QB that DOESNT love to give the opposing defense the ball or sustain a drive lasting longer than 6 plays/ 2 minutes?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    How about another year with Rex as HC with a QB that DOESNT love to give the opposing defense the ball or sustain a drive lasting longer than 6 plays/ 2 minutes?
    The Patriots baited Sanchez into throwing that pick on Thanksgiving night. You would think a guy who was the 5th pick in the draft could read defenses in his 4th year in the league.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Rex Ryan is 50 years old, has 25 years of NFL experience, is in complete control of every player on the field.

Mark Sanchez is 26 years old, has 3.5 years of NFL experience, can only throw the ball to the weaksauce receivers his head coach has provided him, can only stand behind the porous OL, can only watch the RB's get no yardage.

Rex can't make it work despite all the tools to succeed. Mark might be able to make it work if given the tools to succeed. Dump Rex, keep Mark.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUMP RE-DUMP and RE-RE-DUMP

The 1st time for SOJF squishiness/loserdom

the 2nd time for directing extra attention to the least needy among us

3rd for the creepy gheyness

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can't teach someone to make a 5 yard completion.... you gotta be born with that ability.... LOL

Sanchez.. Sucks. (.) period.

and as far as "weaksauce" receivers. if there open on a 5 yard play... gotta make that play.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    And to be quite honest. For some reason he is good (sometimes) in the clutch..

and i believe this happens because he doesn't have time to sike himself out.

remember there has been just as many games where he could have won the game verses how many times he's actually came through.. so he has lost more games then he has won in that regard.

Big picture here folks..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    I've seen enough of Sanchez to know that we'll always have an inept, boring as balls offense with him behind center.

You could put Calvin Johnson on this team and Mark would still find a way to overthrow him or skip balls at his feet.

And this sh*t about our OL being terrible is totally overblown. Half the sacks this kid takes are his own damn fault. No internal clock and literally zero pocket presence.

Good QB's can feel the rush coming, Sanchez is totally oblivious to it.

How you could hate Pennington so much but defend to the death a QB who has consistently ranked in the Bottom 3 among starters since entering the league is beyond me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what SAR was right about (and I think he may have even said it back in year 1 of Rex):

(paraphrasing)
    Rex is a star, burning brightly, but bright stars can only burn for so long. We have to win right away with Rex because his demeanor means that he will flame out quickly if we squander this opportunity.

I remember reading that, knowing it was true and hoping that it wasn't.

It was. Rex is almost out of hyrdogen.

A dying star can fade away into a dwarf star, collapse in on itself to form a neutron star, or explode in a supernova. I think we all know which of those endings Rex is headed for.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen enough of Sanchez to know that we'll always have an inept, boring as balls offense with him behind center.

You could put Calvin Johnson on this team and Mark would still find a way to overthrow him or skip balls at his feet.

And this sh*t about our OL being terrible is totally overblown. Half the sacks this kid takes are his own damn fault. No internal clock and literally zero pocket presence.

Good QB's can feel the rush coming, Sanchez is totally oblivious to it.

How you could hate Pennington so much but defend to the death a QB who has consistently ranked in the Bottom 3 among starters since entering the league is beyond me.
    Chad Pennington had the following during his tenure with the New York Jets:

A Top 5 offensive line.
    A Hall of Fame running back.
    A two-headed running attack with a bullish bruiser as a finisher.
    A pass-catching scat-back to dump off to in times of trouble.
    A set of steady WR's with which to bond over time.
    A head coach that wasn't hell-bent on ignoring the offense completely.

Mark Sanchez had bits and pieces of that here and there during the first two seasons, nothing like that cache at all during the last two seasons.

Chad Pennington had all the tools in the world to succeed and didn't.

Mark Sanchez is handicapped by a horrific set of skill players and can't.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure how anyone can consider Sanchez a game manager. He can't read defenses. Heck, he can't even remember what play he called. ( Excuse # 5,864)

QB, HC, GM, OC, OL, WR

Take your pick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

A Top 5 offensive line.

Mark Sanchez had bits and pieces of that here and there during the first two seasons, nothing like that cache at all during the last two seasons.

SAR I
    I have to say I'm impressed by this analysis, since I thought SAR was a Giants fan..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    I couldn't disagree with his stance more, but he was 100% dead on. He called this 2 years ago and didn't waver.

Rex = Trash
    Sanchez = Trash
    Tannybum = Trash Bean Counter

Yeah I said it. SAR I. You were right.
    U R full of it from day one I told everyone here at JI Sanchez suck thats four years now and he still sucks!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

A Top 5 offensive line.

SAR I
    And Pennington carried that team playing with a torn labrum in his shoulder something he never should of done but he sucked it up to please Herm and ruined his career.

Sanchez had a better team around him his first two seasons. He had the league's top rated running game and defense. Sanchez never had to carry the team. They won despite him not because of him.

Pennington was smart and accurate. Sanchez is dumb and inaccurate.

Case closed.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    DUMP RE-DUMP and RE-RE-DUMP

The 1st time for SOJF squishiness/loserdom

the 2nd time for directing extra attention to the least needy among us

3rd for the creepy gheyness
    Seriously, I already locked one of these threads like 3 days ago. TurkJet, if you want to send SAR a love letter, do it via PM please.