Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Muhammad Wilkerson deserves the Pro Bowl (if there is one)

Jets Insider VIP

Muhammad Wilkerson deserves the Pro Bowl (if there is one)

You dont agree? He's having a great season. He's one of the top players at his position. We really made the right pick with him.

Hall Of Fame
    No. He is a good player. And he looks really good b.c he is playing alongside JAGs.

Can he get there? Yes. But he is not there yet.

JMHO. I know he grades out very well against the run. But that is only half the battle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No. He is a good player. And he looks really good b.c he is playing alongside JAGs.

I don't buy that. He has been putting pressure on QB's since he got here last year. He's coming into his own. It's okay for us to have a good, young player.

Veteran
    No offense, but your reaching here...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    I don't buy that. He has been putting pressure on QB's since he got here last year. He's coming into his own. It's okay for us to have a good, young player.
    Definite potential

Hall Of Fame
    That play (not sure if it was an official sack) on Brady was his first "sack" against a good team.

He is a good player. Just not a Pro Bowler.

But hey, if Brick was a Pro Bowler last year then I suppose Wilk could be one too.

Jets Insider VIP
    2 articles I found and they agree

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/1...mad-wilkerson/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...r-the-pro-bowl

and this quote from the post

MUHAMMAD WILKERSON – The lone bright spot for the Jets this season is Wilkerson’s emergence as a big-time player. He was disrupitive on the first play of the game Thursday, causing Tom Brady to commit an intentional grounding penalty. Wilkerson looks like he’ll be a part of the Jets defense for years to come.

Jets Insider VIP
    That play (not sure if it was an official sack) on Brady was his first "sack" against a good team.

He is a good player. Just not a Pro Bowler.

But hey, if Brick was a Pro Bowler last year then I suppose Wilk could be one too.
    Has nothing to do with sacks. He gets pressure and forces the QB to throw it away. He has caused a few IG's.

JMHO. I know he grades out very well against the run. But that is only half the battle.
    See, calling for Wilkerson to be a Pro Bowl selection is exactly the same as when Jet fans start proclaiming Super Bowl after we win a game or two. It's a really dysfunctional aspect of our fan base: Claiming greatness or demanding recognition when the team, or in this case a player like Wilkerson, doesn't warrant the accolades.

Putting Wilkerson on the Pro Bowl team is nearly as bad as D Brick's selection last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    See, calling for Wilkerson to be a Pro Bowl selection is exactly the same as when Jet fans start proclaiming Super Bowl after we win a game or two. It's a really dysfunctional aspect of our fan base: Claiming greatness or demanding recognition when the team, or in this case a player like Wilkerson, doesn't warrant the accolades.

Putting Wilkerson on the Pro Bowl team is nearly as bad as D Brick's selection last year.
    Im not claiming this week 3. It's week 12.

Hall Of Fame
    Has nothing to do with sacks. He gets pressure and forces the QB to throw it away. He has caused a few IG's.
    Nobody on our defense gets consistent pressure.

Let me make this clear. I LIKE WILKERSON. I think he is a good player. Just not a Pro Bowler IMO.

Lets let him continue to develop. He has shown ability.

Agreed. Wilkerson is a typical Jets player--He shows flashes at times but when the season is over, he will give you about the same production. Jets fans have this desperate need to anoint a young player as the second coming.
    Hey, even I have been guilty of it. On a 1-10 scale, I give Wilkerson a 7. Dont see him much going much higher. Coples I give a 5 too. Wilson a 4.

Just saying.

All Pro
    Nobody on our defense gets consistent pressure.

Let me make this clear. I LIKE WILKERSON. I think he is a good player. Just not a Pro Bowler IMO.

Lets let him continue to develop. He has shown ability.
    Good post, I think Wilkerson has already developed from his rookie year to this season but he is not a dominant player yet. One play he will look like it (like the first play of the NE game) and then he will dissapear for some time. The ability and the talent is definitely there and I think there is no question that he will be a rock for this defense for many years to come.

Coples and him both look like definite keepers as they are good against both the run and the pass. If Kenrick Ellis gets more consistent and more stout in the middle then we got our DLine for almost the next decade.

Not sure if he's a pro bowler,but he's much improved.

Him,Kerley,and Cro are the bright spots in this miserable season.

MUHAMMAD WILKERSON – The lone bright spot for the Jets this season is Wilkerson’s emergence as a big-time player. He was disrupitive on the first play of the game Thursday, causing Tom Brady to commit an intentional grounding penalty. Wilkerson looks like he’ll be a part of the Jets defense for years to come.
    Poor guy. Talented and stuck in this stinkhole for years to come

You dont agree? He's having a great season. He's one of the top players at his position. We really made the right pick with him.
    Great, one player on the Jets team kind of deserves to make the Pro Bowl.

Maybe

Jets Insider VIP
    2 good games does not a season make. No jet should be in the pro bowl. THEY ALL SUCK

Jets Insider VIP
    Robert Malone is a guy who deserves the pro-bowl.

But he won't make it simply because the AFC West is loaded with quality punters. Literally every team in that division has a pro-bowl caliber leg on their roster.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This.

All League
    Most fans around here claim he's barely above average, and they are wrong.

Is he a Pro Bowler? Meh, maybe, but it's not as far fetched as people are making it sound. If he ends up with 5 or 6 sacks, then I think it's very possible he would be, and he definitely would deserve to be.

People can say whatever they want about Jets fans building up Jets players into something they aren't, but outside of JJ Watt, you'd be hard pressed to find a 3-4 DE playing better than Wilkerson this year, and a lot of people outside of Jets fans would agree.