Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Muhammad Wilkerson deserves the Pro Bowl (if there is one)

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post

People can say whatever they want about Jets fans building up Jets players into something they aren't, but outside of JJ Watt, you'd be hard pressed to find a 3-4 DE playing better than Wilkerson this year, and a lot of people outside of Jets fans would agree.
    Not many teams primarily running the 3-4 that I'm aware of, but you may be right. After Watt, I would say Haloti Ngata and Calais Campbell, but then Wilkinson is right there in the discussion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Not many teams primarily running the 3-4 that I'm aware of, but you may be right. After Watt, I would say Haloti Ngata and Calais Campbell, but then Wilkinson is right there in the discussion.
    Who's Wilkinson?

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Who's Wilkinson?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I think there are 12 teams currently. Ngata is a DT that lines up all over the DL, so it's hard to pigeon hole him as the same position as Wilkerson. He is obviously better than Mo, but I'd take Wilkerson over Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I think there are 12 teams currently. Ngata is a DT that lines up all over the DL, so it's hard to pigeon hole him as the same position as Wilkerson. He is obviously better than Mo, but I'd take Wilkerson over Campbell.
    wilk lines up as a DT fairly often and even NT at times. comparing ngata to any D-Lineman is pretty unfair though

An average JAG. Take a look at the rosters of the 14 AFC teams. He's not even close.
    Cromartie is the only Def Pro Bowl potential.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Great, one player on the Jets team kind of deserves to make the Pro Bowl.

Maybe
    Hmmmmmm this.....

It is a disgrace!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No. He is a good player. And he looks really good b.c he is playing alongside JAGs.

Can he get there? Yes. But he is not there yet.

JMHO. I know he grades out very well against the run. But that is only half the battle.
    He ranks 10th in rush, 1st in pass coverage and 2nd against the run. 2nd overall.

Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    He ranks 10th in rush, 1st in pass coverage and 2nd against the run. 2nd overall.
    how do they grade those rankings? it seems like it would be hard to quantify individual positional statistics like that from team statistics

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    What does pass coverage mean for a 3-4 DE? Seems useless.

10th is pass rush isn't bad. I knew he was good against the run.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    You dont agree? He's having a great season. He's one of the top players at his position. We really made the right pick with him.
    He is good but not Pro Bowl good IMO. At least not yet. Get him an OLB to help him out maybe.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    how do they grade those rankings? it seems like it would be hard to quantify individual positional statistics like that from team statistics
    PFF has all those stats.. Wilkerson was having a solid season in the beginning year he has flat out been stellar in the past 5 games tho..

Jets Insider VIP

oh, and great game by QC

All Pro
    Wilkerson was downright unblockable today. On the drive where he got his sack, he got pressure up the middle on first and second down and hit Henne both times, forcing quicker throws. Then on third down he finished the job!

GREAT game, great player...

Hall Of Fame
    Great game for Wilk

Great game for Coples.

All League
    Definitely been the 2nd best 3-4 DE in the NFL this year, but its tough for 3-4 DE's to get noticed for stuff like the pro bowl unless your having a year like Watt (probably the best season ever for a 3-4 DE).

Ngata has fallen off big time this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Very good games by Mo and Coples today.

I thought they were busts????

Wilkerson has really come into his own this year. Him and Coples are gonna be good ones here for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Nobody on our defense gets consistent pressure.

Let me make this clear. I LIKE WILKERSON. I think he is a good player. Just not a Pro Bowler IMO.

Lets let him continue to develop. He has shown ability.
    Nobody in the league gets consistent pressure. Doesn't work that way. Need to make a few big plays a week and try and get double teams to help your team.

Wilk has been getting doubled a lot more lately.