Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Sick of seeing this on here...

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Sick of seeing this on here...

    Rex doesn't know what he thinks its the 70's... Running the ball and playing lights out defense got us to 2 afc championships. Last year they went away from that and screwed themselves. Lack of talent and depth doesn't fall on Rex or Sanchez it starts with the owner then the gm. Woody and Tanny deserve the blame for this disaster of a season. I don't think Sanchez is the guy for this job but to say he's the reason we're bad this year is ridiculous. Rex and Sanchez deserve 1 more year IMO Tanny has to go. Big name moves and overpaying overrated players has completely ****ed this team. Go find a football minded guy to be gm someone who will give Sanchez and Rex the necessary tools to be successful.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Rex doesn't know what he thinks its the 70's... Running the ball and playing lights out defense got us to 2 afc championships. Last year they went away from that and screwed themselves. Lack of talent and depth doesn't fall on Rex or Sanchez it starts with the owner then the gm. Woody and Tanny deserve the blame for this disaster of a season. I don't think Sanchez is the guy for this job but to say he's the reason we're bad this year is ridiculous. Rex and Sanchez deserve 1 more year IMO Tanny has to go. Big name moves and overpaying overrated players has completely ****ed this team. Go find a football minded guy to be gm someone who will give Sanchez and Rex the necessary tools to be successful.
    Your argument about "running the ball and playing lights out defense" isn't the formula for success, but that isn't what the Jets are doing. It's a balanced offense, the problem has been the talent on offense is young and inexperienced, and in some cases lacking talent due to players having to play roles due to injuries.

    The team can't let Tannenbaum go and not Rex, and vice versa, either they will blow it all up, or stay with it for another year.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Your argument about "running the ball and playing lights out defense" isn't the formula for success, but that isn't what the Jets are doing. It's a balanced offense, the problem has been the talent on offense is young and inexperienced, and in some cases lacking talent due to players having to play roles due to injuries.

    The team can't let Tannenbaum go and not Rex, and vice versa, either they will blow it all up, or stay with it for another year.
    I disagree, when given talent to coach, Rex does a good job. Tanny and Bradway are the ones responsible for acquiring talent and have failed miserably.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,838
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Rex doesn't know what he thinks its the 70's... Running the ball and playing lights out defense got us to 2 afc championships. Last year they went away from that and screwed themselves. Lack of talent and depth doesn't fall on Rex or Sanchez it starts with the owner then the gm. Woody and Tanny deserve the blame for this disaster of a season. I don't think Sanchez is the guy for this job but to say he's the reason we're bad this year is ridiculous. Rex and Sanchez deserve 1 more year IMO Tanny has to go. Big name moves and overpaying overrated players has completely ****ed this team. Go find a football minded guy to be gm someone who will give Sanchez and Rex the necessary tools to be successful.
    You gotta be kiddin me! go take that jersey off and find another place to sit
    to the left at the end of the bench. You
    should be ashamed! your QB can't even to stretch
    the football field 20 yds down field my 15 yrs old son could do a better job.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I disagree, when given talent to coach, Rex does a good job. Tanny and Bradway are the ones responsible for acquiring talent and have failed miserably.
    There was nothing wrong with the talent Tanny and Bradway put on the field in 09 and 10. Every year is a new challenge, the salary cap dictates changes must happen, and there is a cycle in which all GM's have to operate with the team. I love when fans say so and so GM blew his wad in so and so year, and made bad decisions.

    No, he made decisions for that season based on the status of the team's cap and overall status of the talent on the team, some years, the GM takes a chance and tries to put a roster on the field that has a real chance, but knows they will have to adjust in future years. Tanny and the team are going through that transition now, and it started last year, the problem is, fans are too impatient, they don't want to allow for the youth and transition that has been happening with the team the last couple of years to develop, they want answers now, or deem the said moves as a failure.

    The moves aren't yet a failure, they just haven't had time to develop or pan out. The REAL issue, which has been my point this year, the injuries have completely COMPROMISED the moves made with the roster in FA the last couple of years, because youth and inexperience is a lot for a team to overcome when their are so many injuries, and injuries to key players.

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    There was nothing wrong with the talent Tanny and Bradway put on the field in 09 and 10. Every year is a new challenge, the salary cap dictates changes must happen, and there is a cycle in which all GM's have to operate with the team. I love when fans say so and so GM blew his wad in so and so year, and made bad decisions.

    No, he made decisions for that season based on the status of the team's cap and overall status of the talent on the team, some years, the GM takes a chance and tries to put a roster on the field that has a real chance, but knows they will have to adjust in future years. Tanny and the team are going through that transition now, and it started last year, the problem is, fans are too impatient, they don't want to allow for the youth and transition that has been happening with the team the last couple of years to develop, they want answers now, or deem the said moves as a failure.

    The moves aren't yet a failure, they just haven't had time to develop or pan out. The REAL issue, which has been my point this year, the injuries have completely COMPROMISED the moves made with the roster in FA the last couple of years, because youth and inexperience is a lot for a team to overcome when their are so many injuries, and injuries to key players.
    You can let them off the hook if you want, but for starters not identifying Wayne hunter as a problem until the third preseason game this season was an organizational failure at several levels.

    Also as an outsider I think it’s a total joke how Rex just awards jobs on that team. I'm sure it happens in most places, but I think most go through the motions of competition for jobs in training camp. Rex just anoints these guys roles instead of making them earn them, maybe then they would not be so comfortable.

    But hey its not my team you can put up with that mess if you want.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Rex doesn't know what he thinks its the 70's... Running the ball and playing lights out defense got us to 2 afc championships. Last year they went away from that and screwed themselves. Lack of talent and depth doesn't fall on Rex or Sanchez it starts with the owner then the gm. Woody and Tanny deserve the blame for this disaster of a season. I don't think Sanchez is the guy for this job but to say he's the reason we're bad this year is ridiculous. Rex and Sanchez deserve 1 more year IMO Tanny has to go. Big name moves and overpaying overrated players has completely ****ed this team. Go find a football minded guy to be gm someone who will give Sanchez and Rex the necessary tools to be successful.
    I've posted this several times,and maybe I am not being fair to Rex on this.

    He knows with Sanchez you can't wing it all over the field.Say if they got Peyton i'm sure he wouldn't be Mr ground and pound.

    But I do believe that running the ball,playing safe on offense and playing great defense doesn't win in the league anymore.In the last 20 years only the Ravens (who had an all time defense) and the Bucs won it all that way.

    But I agree with you Tanny needs to go.We are stuck with Mark at least one more year.And if Rex is back he needs to hire a real o coordinator who has developed young qb's

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    108
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can you Jets fans be so blind, and support another year for Ryan? What has happened this season, and what happened Thursday night are the signs of an of an over confident, undisciplined team, led by an over confident, undisciplined, blowhard of a coach. Over time a team takes it's lead from it's head coach, and when you have a coach who is unable to control his own weight without surgery, who posts X rated photos of his wife on the Internet, who prods opponents and boasts without accomplishing anything, you end up with an undisciplined team with no personal accountability. You end up with guys like Bart Scott, Antonio Cromartie, and Mark Sanchez. They say what they want, without regard to what they actually accomplish.

    The media will give Rex more support than he deserves. Why? Because he ales their job very easy. They just show up, and the human quote machine starts spewing out his self indulgent nonsense. He's the last guy that I'd want setting the tone for my team.

    As a Pats can, I hope that you keep him. That will assure the status quo in the AFC East.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us