Thread: Lenny Kravitz

All Pro

Lenny Kravitz

Dude you! you sounded atrocious thanksgiving night, you suck..go tune your guitar man, and practice singing some songs.....blechhh!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Dude you! you sounded atrocious thanksgiving night, you suck..go tune your guitar man, and practice singing some songs.....blechhh!
    I have never understood why he is considered a "star." I don't know anyone who listens to his music and the only thing I remember him for is the women he has dated/married (nothing wrong with that btw).

Considering he's a world famous musician doing a live show, I'm willing to bet his roadies tuned his guitar, lol. The problem with doing out-door performances in the winter (is it technically winter yet? **** it, it's cold) is that the temperature effects the wood of guitars/basses and makes them warp slightly. When that happens, the instruments go out of tune slightly.

The music was canned.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It's quite impressive how he turned one original hit and one cover hit into a decades long career. The guy is always getting TV gigs and I cannot understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Is this a perspective from the seats or on TV? Cause they were playing to a track.

lenny was as bad as the jets. some old rockers just dont know when to say when.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    lenny was as bad as the jets. some old rockers just dont know when to say when.
    I'm guessing Woody's first choice, Milli Vanilli, was already booked.

Jets Insider VIP
    Detroit gets Kid Rock
    Dallas gets Kenny Chesney
    NJ swamp gets Lenny Kravitz

Man nothing went right that day.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Detroit gets Kid Rock

lol, Kid Rock sucks ass and has gone past his 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    It's quite impressive how he turned one original hit and one cover hit into a decades long career. The guy is always getting TV gigs and I cannot understand it.

Gotta give the guy his due. He's achieved the American Dream of making lots of money for doing next-to-nothing to deserve it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Detroit gets Kid Rock

They all suck. Lenny sucks the most though that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Gotta give the guy his due. He's achieved the American Dream of making lots of money for doing next-to-nothing to deserve it.
    Kind of like a certain QB that we know...

Well in defense of his guitar being out of tune... he did break a string during the performance. That really messes things up.

But yeah... he did not sound great.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol, Kid Rock sucks ass and has gone past his 15 minutes.
    I accidentally saw Kid Rock in concert (he was on the same bill as the band I wanted to see). Simply put, he was amazing and much better than the band I went to see.

He is great live.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    I accidentally saw Kid Rock in concert (he was on the same bill as the band I wanted to see). Simply put, he was amazing and much better than the band I went to see.

He is great live.
    +1. ... Same here ... Awesome live

just saw some youtube vids of Lenny. Iy wasn`t that bad.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Porgyman View Post
    Kind of like a certain QB that we know...
    who plays on a certain New york team.

kravitz is a hendrix wannabee hence all of the covers. he's not that good and except for a few original songs very average.

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    kravitz is a hendrix wannabee hence all of the covers. he's not that good and except for a few original songs very average.
    Listening to his other songs, they don't sound anything REMOTELY close to anything Jimi did except for ONE.

Jimi actually had all of his songs GUITAR-BASED whereas with Lenny it's.....something else entirely and the Guitar he *allegedly* plays takes a backseat to whatever other POP-related crap spewing out of the stereo speakers...