Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG the real McKayla Maroney Was at the Game!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    for most of human history men married 13, 14, 15 year old women. Natasha was 15 when she received her first proposal, from Denisov, in Tolstoy's War & Peace (in around 1808).
    Knock yourself out.... and have fun carrying War and Peace around in case you get arrested.

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Knock yourself out.... and have fun carrying War and Peace around in case you get arrested.

-
    Ah, yes. The little-known "Tolstoy Defense" to statutory rape charges.

Veteran
    Really surprised this thread is still open... Looking forward to seeing what is going to lock it up!

Jets Insider VIP
    for most of human history men married 13, 14, 15 year old women. Natasha was 15 when she received her first proposal, from Denisov, in Tolstoy's War & Peace (in around 1808).
    Yeah, and most of human history is entirely fukced up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Ah, yes. The little-known "Tolstoy Defense" to statutory rape charges.
    LMAO

This thread needs to be closed. Too many ephebophiles.

Um.....

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    This thread needs to be closed. Too many ephebophiles.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    Really surprised this thread is still open... Looking forward to seeing what is going to lock it up!

Well, she does have a sister.

SAR I

All Pro
    most of the posters on this site are 13, 14, or 15 years old girls...so we're all good. BTW there is no such thing as a 13, 14, or 15 year old woman. sorry man, but Denisov was pretty pathetic.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 12-01-2012 at 08:54 AM.

All League
    History's relevance means squat. Start being creepy old dude around my teen daughter and I'll use your eye sockets and mouth bowling ball style and toss you against a tree a couple dozen times.

That's because the life expectancy, even as recent as the early 20th century, was only 30-40 years as opposed to over 70 today.

edit: Oh, and what Reign said^^^^.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    That's because the life expectancy, even as recent as the early 20th century, was only 30-40 years as opposed to over 70 today.

edit: Oh, and what Reign said^^^^.
    I'm pretty sure it had to do with women having no rights, and they were treated more like property. The reason men married 13 year old girls is because they could, and men are pigs. Even so, there were men that desired a more challenging, and fulfilling relationship than that. I never wanted a relationship with a women I didn't respect. You need to take care of yourself for around 10 years before you actually grow up. The ages were different back then because you may be on your own at 13, so that would make you an adult by around 23. Today it could be as late as 35.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I'm pretty sure it had to do with women having no rights, and they were treated more like property. The reason men married 13 year old girls is because they could, and men are pigs. Even so, there were men that desired a more challenging, and fulfilling relationship than that. I never wanted a relationship with a women I didn't respect. You need to take care of yourself for around 10 years before you actually grow up. The ages were different back then because you may be on your own at 13, so that would make you an adult by around 23. Today it could be as late as 35.

While what you say is true, I think it had more to do with that fact that it wasn't prudent to wait to procreate until your 20s when the average life expectancy of the day was early 30s.

Well...I know I got married way too young.

I was 36.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I have 4 of 'em. Would make a good noose.

SAR I
    feel free to use them.

16 is the age of consent in many (if not a majority of) states in the US... nothing wrong with being attracted to a 16 year old.
    Yeah...if you are a 16 year old guy.

Think of it like a trip to Disney. At 16....a guy is in Fantasyland thinking about a 16 year old girl.
    By 18...he is in Creepyland
    By 21...he is in Pedophileland. Complete with the 7 dwarfs of law enforcement.

I hope this helps.

All Pro
    16 is the age of consent in many (if not a majority of) states in the US... nothing wrong with being attracted to a 16 year old.
    Depends how old you are, Creepy McDiddlerson....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Depends how old you are, Creepy McDiddlerson....
    Maybe he was born in the wrong century.. During the 1800's it was not uncommon for people to marry in their mid-teens; in the 1400's you got married as young as 12 ( A boy was considered a man, a girl was a woman as soon as she had her first menstrual cycle), something that was extremely common but would be viewed as scandalous in America today.

Veteran
    So, was she impressed... (?)