Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: OMG the real McKayla Maroney Was at the Game!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Honestly, the McKayla thing? This is not some like random dude's 16 year old daughter people are ogling. She's an internationally famous athlete that NBC had 7,000 cameras on in her skimpy gymnastic outfit for a full 2 weeks. She turns 17 in what, a week? She knows she's hot, she plays for the camera, it is what it is. No one is acting on anything. I think it's fair game to comment on her attractiveness... just my 2 cents. I mean geeeeeeeez guys
    Commenting on attractiveness is fine. I find it very weird to see grown men lusting after 16/17 year olds, though. And all of the rationalizing makes me roll my eyes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Commenting on attractiveness is fine. I find it very weird to see grown men lusting after 16/17 year olds, though. And all of the rationalizing makes me roll my eyes.
    You make fair points. But like I said, this is an internationally famous athlete. She has been photo'ed and video'ed in a way that is not typical for girls of her age. She is judged as an athlete in the way adults are. The line is a bit grey-er. I don't think anyone on here said anything that out of line. She will be a very attractive woman. I don't think it's awful that some of us have noticed this

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Lusting after 16 or 17 yr old women is a pretty natural thing. The problem is Sanchez doing it as the face of the franchise in his particular media market, simply inviting criticism. Gronk can get away with it because it's part of his persona and he has two much stronger leaders in place in Brady and Belichick to carry the team. And even then, it's still wrong and criticism-worthy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Lusting after 16 or 17 yr old women is a pretty natural thing. The problem is Sanchez doing it as the face of the franchise in his particular media market, simply inviting criticism. Gronk can get away with it because it's part of his persona and he has two much stronger leaders in place in Brady and Belichick to carry the team. And even then, it's still wrong and criticism-worthy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a fair enough point, but let's also use context. A pretty girl who is internationally famous that NBC exploited. How guilty should anyone feel?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the real question we need to ask is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75XKGVwGEt4

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm. perhaps the wrong term. Gronk has made a ton of questionable off-field decisions but it simply doesn't matter because:

1) he's not a QB

2) he plays on a team where there other other people in charge that matter more

Sanchez doesn't have the luxury of making those types of questionable decisions, and that's where the criticism is really coming from.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 12-02-2012 at 03:24 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    This is a fair enough point, but let's also use context. A pretty girl who is internationally famous that NBC exploited. How guilty should anyone feel?
    I don't think any straight, red-blooded male feels very guilty at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm. perhaps the wrong term. Gronk has made a ton of questionable off-field decisions but it simply doesn't matter because:

1) he's not a QB

2) he plays on a team where there other other people in charge that matter more

Sanchez doesn't have the luxury of making those types of questionable decisions, and that's where the criticism is really coming from.
    No, it would still matter since he's a star. Sanchez, on the other hand, is no star. I know the QB gets a lot of attention and would naturally be the face of the franchise, but not guys are that guy.

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, etc. are the faces of their respective franchises. They are STARS. Guys like Sanchez, Kolb, Ponder are NOT the faces of their franchises. In actuality, the player closest to being the face of our franchise is Revis because he's a star HoF talent.

Either way, I couldn't care less what these guys do with on their own time. If they wanna bang some randy teenager, be my guest. I don't really see the big deal anyway.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, it would still matter since he's a star. Sanchez, on the other hand, is no star. I know the QB gets a lot of attention and would naturally be the face of the franchise, but not guys are that guy.

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, etc. are the faces of their respective franchises. They are STARS. Guys like Sanchez, Kolb, Ponder are NOT the faces of their franchises. In actuality, the player closest to being the face of our franchise is Revis because he's a star HoF talent.

Either way, I couldn't care less what these guys do with on their own time. If they wanna bang some randy teenager, be my guest. I don't really see the big deal anyway.
    You just made the point yourself. Gronk can get away with these types of things precisely because he not one of those "STARS." Gronk is not the face of the team, Brady is. Sanchez is supposed to be the face of the Jets. But really, who is right now?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think any straight, red-blooded male feels very guilty at all.
    Indeed. I don't see why I should feel guilty about liking this:

During the games, Raisman had only been 18 for a few months. At the worlds in 2011, she was 17 and looked exactly the same. What exactly is so special about the age 18?

Further more, age laws are pretty dumb anyway. Like, I could go and enlist in the military right now and get shot for my country, but I can't buy booze for another year? What in the actual ****?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You just made the point yourself. Gronk can get away with these types of things precisely because he not one of those "STARS." Gronk is not the face of the team, Brady is. Sanchez is supposed to be the face of the Jets. But really, who is right now?
    I see what you're saying, but Gronk is still one of those guys. Teams like NE that have stars packed all over the place are different than the rest of us. Gronk is absolutely a star in the NFL and of the New England Patriots. To claim otherwise is just silly. Whether Sanchez is SUPPOSED to be the face of our franchise is irrelevant.

As it stands, both Mark and Rob are in the same boat. Not that it actually matters since it's not a big deal to begin with. My entire point originally was that Guido was being biased about the whole thing (GRONK INNOCENT, MARK GUILTY! BLARG BLARG BLARG).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed. I don't see why I should feel guilty about liking this:

During the games, Raisman had only been 18 for a few months. At the worlds in 2011, she was 17 and looked exactly the same. What exactly is so special about the age 18?

Further more, age laws are pretty dumb anyway. Like, I could go and enlist in the military right now and get shot for my country, but I can't buy booze for another year? What in the actual ****?
    I wrote this earlier. The real benefit is that they are legally able to get naked in print or film.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wrote this earlier. The real benefit is that they are legally able to get naked in print or film.
    Boom goes the dynamite. In all honesty, the whole thing is pedobear's fault.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see what you're saying, but Gronk is still one of those guys. Teams like NE that have stars packed all over the place are different than the rest of us. Gronk is absolutely a star in the NFL and of the New England Patriots. To claim otherwise is just silly. Whether Sanchez is SUPPOSED to be the face of our franchise is irrelevant.

As it stands, both Mark and Rob are in the same boat. Not that it actually matters since it's not a big deal to begin with. My entire point originally was that Guido was being biased about the whole thing (GRONK INNOCENT, MARK GUILTY! BLARG BLARG BLARG).
    Except they are not, only in the same that they are young single men with lots of money. NOT in the way they are treated by the media. Look, Gronk is at times a huge dumbass but he has the leadership of Brady and Belichick behind him so all anyone does is say, "haha, look at Gronk." Sanchez is a former #5 pick and has bigger responsibilities attached to him with regards to the franchise.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Except they are not, only in the same that they are young single men with lots of money. NOT in the way they are treated by the media. Look, Gronk is at times a huge dumbass but he has the leadership of Brady and Belichick behind him so all anyone does is say, "haha, look at Gronk." Sanchez is a former #5 pick and has bigger responsibilities attached to him with regards to the franchise.
    As a player, yes. We're talking about their personal lives here. What exactly does ****ing some teenager have to do with your duties on the field/in the locker room? Nothing at all.

So, yes, they are in the same boat. Quit trying to defend Gronk because "Oh, Gronk just being Gronk! That crazy rascal!". They both, allegedly, banged some randy teenagers. Has nothing to do with anything on the field.

Also, by being a superstar, Gronk is definitely treated in a different way. More is expected of star players than random scrubs. So, if anything, Gronk has even MORE responsibility to maintain a good image.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a player, yes. We're talking about their personal lives here. What exactly does ****ing some teenager have to do with your duties on the field/in the locker room? Nothing at all.

So, yes, they are in the same boat. Quit trying to defend Gronk because "Oh, Gronk just being Gronk! That crazy rascal!". They both, allegedly, banged some randy teenagers. Has nothing to do with anything on the field.

Also, by being a superstar, Gronk is definitely treated in a different way. More is expected of star players than random scrubs. So, if anything, Gronk has even MORE responsibility to maintain a good image.

I think you are missing points? Sanchez is not a "random scrub." They don't have the same positional value and they certainly don't have the same kind of QB or HC in place. Criticize Gronk all you want, he's worthy of that criticism, but you're kidding yourself if you think he and Sanchez are going to be treated the same way in the media. And it has nothing to do with a Patriots bias, either.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you are missing points? Sanchez is not a "random scrub." They don't have the same positional value and they certainly don't have the same kind of QB or HC in place. Criticize Gronk all you want, he's worthy of that criticism, but you're kidding yourself if you think he and Sanchez are going to be treated the same way in the media. And it has nothing to do with a Patriots bias, either.
    HA. HA. Now I know that you're bull****ting. Geez, what's with these Patriot fans? What an absolutely ludicrous bunch they are.

I'm not at all criticizing Gronk. What I'm saying is that, because of what they allegedly did, they are in the same boat. You, in typical Pasts troll fashion, are trying to make what Gronk (allegedly) did not his fault.

Sigh. You guys are just extremely thick-headed. Sad to see, really.
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-02-2012 at 04:08 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    HA. HA.

Now I know that you're bull****ting. Geez, what's with these Patriot fans? What an absolutely ludicrous bunch they are.
    I think I might just be the first ever Pats fan on JI to ever declare "Sanchez is not a scrub" and be called a troll, lol.

Seriously, man, if you want to discuss them as human beings, well I don't know enough about either to say anything. I'm just discussing the politics of the situation and the media's handling of it. I know **** about Gronk or Sanchez besides all of the juicy stuff we read about and talk about like fools.