Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: OMG the real McKayla Maroney Was at the Game!

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I think I might just be the first ever Pats fan on JI to ever declare "Sanchez is not a scrub" and be called a troll, lol.

Seriously, man, if you want to discuss them as human beings, well I don't know enough about either to say anything. I'm just discussing the politics of the situation and the media's handling of it. I know **** about Gronk or Sanchez besides all of the juicy stuff we read about and talk about like fools.
    Who gives a **** about the media? They were never part of the discussion until you tried to bring it into play.

If Rob and Mark did bang these teenagers, they are in the same boat. Has jack **** to do with the media. It's really simple, honestly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    for most of human history men married 13, 14, 15 year old women. Natasha was 15 when she received her first proposal, from Denisov, in Tolstoy's War & Peace (in around 1808).
    Greatest book ever...I believe she is only 13 when she gets her first proposal

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Who gives a **** about the media? They were never part of the discussion until you tried to bring it into play.

If Rob and Mark did bang these teenagers, they are in the same boat. Has jack **** to do with the media. It's really simple, honestly.
    Do we know if either banged any of the chicks in these pics or tweets? I certainly don't. If you want to take the media issue portion out of the argument, ok. Then yes, they are in the same boat. I am NOT trying to approach this question as a Pats troll, so just drop that guard.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

Have to disagree to some extent. Basically, it comes down to position on the team and how each player is viewed.

Gronk is basically like a Dennis Rodman. He's a star, but he's not a leader on the team nor does he have leadership responsibilities on the team.

Sanchez, on the other hand, is a leader on the team due to the position that he plays. He's expected to make better decision and to act more responsibly.

It's a double standard to be sure, and some might argue that it's unfair. But it has a completely rational basis.

If you will, it's like in a big company, if the CEO gets a DUI, he could easily lose his job. But if an hourly employee gets a DUI on the same day, he might receive some sanction from the company, but he'd most likely retain his position.
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 12-02-2012 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Have to disagree to some extent. Basically, it comes down to position on the team and how each player is viewed.

Gronk is basically like a Dennis Rodman. He's a star, but he's not a leader on the team nor does he have leadership responsibilities on the team.

Sanchez, on the other hand, is a leader on the team due to the position that he plays. He's expected to make better decision and to act more responsibly.

It's a double standard to be sure, and some might argue that it's unfair. But it has a completely rational basis.

If you will, it's like in a big company, if the CEO gets a DUI, he could easily lose his job. But if an hourly employee gets a DUI on the same day, he might receive some sanction from the company, but he'd most likely retain his position.
    Why is this concept eluding McGinley? I don't think it really does, he's a smart poster, but I think he's projecting some Pats hate on me and he's surely going to project some Tebow hate on you, so get ready.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 12-02-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Why is this concept eluding McGinley?
    Having trouble putting my thoughts to words, but perhaps because he's looking at it from a different angle, that is, a personal level instead of the Organizational one?

Why is this concept eluding McGinley? I don't think it really does, he's a smart poster, but I think he's projecting some Pats hate on me and he's surely going to project some Tebow hate on you, so get ready.
    I get the concept. It's just simply not the case here.

Sanchez isn't the face of the franchise and isn't held to some high expectation, regardless of his position as QB. Nobody is expecting anything from a bad QB (or player in general, for that matter), lol. Gronk, on the other hand, is a superstar and is definitely one of the faces of his franchise (with Brady being the foremost 'face').

Don't see why you're finding this so hard to grasp. I don't have to project Pasts hate on you to disagree with your point, either.

Also, why would I project Tebow hate on a guy I consider a friend? I disagree with him and have debated him many times before, but I don't just blindly hate on him. In a similar way (minus the friendship), I disagree with you and believe you to be protecting Gronk due to him being a Pat. So, if I don't take what you say seriously (and I semi-don't), it isn't me trying to project Pasts hate on you; I'm projecting my opinion on you.

Lol at this thread going through the night until the very wee hours of 5:30 am.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    We're no minutemen here. You know how we do.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    We're no minutemen here. You know how we do.

lol.

Yes. I do.