Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Sanchez does not improve at all by the end of the year Just End The Sanchise

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

If Sanchez does not improve at all by the end of the year Just End The Sanchise

I posted earlier that I feel he deserves one more year after thinking about more he doesn't. 4 years and in 2010 he had championship talent around he is pampered too much it's time to be real 4 years 79 touchdowns I included rushing to make it look better.100 turnovers including fumbles. That is not acceptable its beyond. The talent around him has nothing to do with throwing that many ints or holding the ballI think its time to end the Sanchise.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just end the "Sanchize" (LOL) now

What more needs to be seen?

Is it really that hard to believe that maybe, just maybe, Sanchez just isn't that good of a QB?

Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time that a 1st round QB turned out to be a disappointment.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Just end the "Sanchize" (LOL) now

What more needs to be seen?

Is it really that hard to believe that maybe, just maybe, Sanchez just isn't that good of a QB?

Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time that a 1st round QB turned out to be a disappointment.
    I'll give him till the end of the year. I thought we finally had our QB for the future. WRONG. A good portion of the blame for Sanchez has to fall on Woody Tanny and Rex. Sanchez had promise but surrounding him with mediocre talent at best with the exception of 2010 season. And flat out bad offensive coaching did not help him. Rex deserves 1 more year he got to the afc championship first 2 years an average year last year and a bad year this year. No improvements next year time for Rex to go back to being a defensive coordinator.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the whole problem is that it just isn't sanchez. schitty was the huge culprit last season because he was inept no matter what players he had or coach. he's still inept and he has (by all accounts) a better qb in bradford.

imo the jets biggest problem is that they just don't have the on field leadershi[p they need to win games and go the extra mile. rex brought in leonhard and scott and for the first two seasons those guys apparently kept the players in line. but now they're either gone or tired and there's no one ready to step up to the mantle. so now it's on rex to be the team's on and off field leader and that really shouldn't be his role. bellichicken has brady. tomlins has big ben. dungey had manning. lovie smith has urlacher. without those nail biters on the field, the team can lose focus and desire. who do the jets have?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not just him, though. He's just another piece in the ass puzzle that Woody has created. If we're going to move forward as a Franchise, Woody has to dislodge his head from his own ass and find a HC who can build a team and let him have control over all football operations. Also, keep Tanny for his bean-counting abilities, but NEVER let him have a say when it comes to evaluating players.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt let him finish the year.

As far as next year, I'd let the new GM and HC decide.

I'd be interested to see what an experienced talent evaluator/GM has to say about Sanchez, and the rest of the Offensive talent. Maybe someone like a Bill Polian....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I fully expect a dramtic improvement over the next 5 games. Sanchez is on the cusp of greatness. Just sit back and watch the magic.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I fully expect a dramtic improvement over the next 5 games. Sanchez is on the cusp of greatness. Just sit back and watch the magic.
    I recognize the sarcasm but the problem remains the Jets have MANY needs and no clear candidate as a replacement.....I fully expect a record of about 7 wins which seems to preclude the draft as a source of a "franchise" type QB...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it was anyone but you, I'd think you were smoking the good stuff.

But it's you so I know you're being sarcastic.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    I posted earlier that I feel he deserves one more year after thinking about more he doesn't. 4 years and in 2010 he had championship talent around he is pampered too much it's time to be real 4 years 79 touchdowns I included rushing to make it look better.100 turnovers including fumbles. That is not acceptable its beyond. The talent around him has nothing to do with throwing that many ints or holding the ballI think its time to end the Sanchise.
    He totally lost me this year. I see no growth on his part. He's still making the same stupid mistakes he did in his first year. We can't blame this year on Shotty. That being said i really hope REX stays and Tanny and Mark leave.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    There is no way that Mark Sanchez should have been expected to improve at all this season, let alone the last 4 games.

Outside of a few blind homers on Jets Insider, the rest of the football world knew coming out of training camp that this offense was pathetic, that it's receivers were awful, that it's running game was brutal, that it's offensive line was chaotic.

As the season wore on, things got worse, not better. Holmes got hurt, Hill imploded, Keller pulled his annual disappearing act, Schillens and the cast of thousands were the scrubs of the NFL. Shonn Greene has skated through the season, another fat-cat with a big contract whose underperforming. Sparano? The Tebow distraction? The constant revolving door of receivers?

If you sat down and tried to devise a way to destroy a quarterback, the Jets couldn't have executed it any better. Mark Sanchez can't be judged by this season. He sucks, for sure, but it's completely expected. He's got no support.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The defense gives up an 80 yard TD on a simple wheel route, no one gets upset, no one starts a thread.

The special teams gives up a KR TD on a bad decision to run the ball out and a fumble, no one gets upset, no one starts a thread.

The head coach decides he doesn't need a healthy backup QB, so he dresses one with two broken ribs, no one gets upset, no one starts a thread.

The running back has another pathetic showing, no one gets upset, no one starts a thread.

The offensive coordinator is running draw plays down 35 points in the second quarter, no one gets upset, no one starts a thread.

The quarterback slips and fumbles, it's the end of the world, it's the sole reason why we lost, Armageddon.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The defense gives up an 80 yard TD on a simple wheel route, no one gets upset, no one starts a thread.

The special teams gives up a KR TD on a bad decision to run the ball out and a fumble, no one gets upset, no one starts a thread.

The head coach decides he doesn't need a healthy backup QB, so he dresses one with two broken ribs, no one gets upset, no one starts a thread.

The running back has another pathetic showing, no one gets upset, no one starts a thread.

The offensive coordinator is running draw plays down 35 points in the second quarter, no one gets upset, no one starts a thread.

The quarterback slips and fumbles, it's the end of the world, it's the sole reason why we lost, Armageddon.

SAR I
    Actually, the QB also threw a very costly interception right on the cusp of the red zone as well. Additionally, said QB has a history of farking things up, squandering chances and costing us games.

So yeah, it's completely understandable that people are starting these kinds of threads.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Moving on w/o Sanchez

It definitely looks like the Jets do not support him. Braylon Edwards and Keller have his back. Holmes doesn't give a shiitake about him. It's one or the other; not both. It's time to send Sanchez out west. Maybe to San Diego or Arizona where he would be appreciated.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Moving on w/o Sanchez

It definitely looks like the Jets do not support him. Braylon Edwards and Keller have his back. Holmes doesn't give a shiitake about him. It's one or the other; not both. It's time to send Sanchez out west. Maybe to San Diego or Arizona where he would be appreciated. Sanchez will be the scapegoat for this season's failures.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Errrrr, Mr. Sar - there already is a thread about the Great Rib Controversy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the delusions started when?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Jets!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HOTROD View Post
    It definitely looks like the Jets do not support him. Braylon Edwards and Keller have his back. Holmes doesn't give a shiitake about him. It's one or the other; not both. It's time to send Sanchez out west. Maybe to San Diego or Arizona where he would be appreciated. Sanchez will be the scapegoat for this season's failures.
    Not that his extremely poor play had to do with anything. The poor baby needs to be coddled more by his oc rather then ripped when he plays like crap.

Go Jets!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    The reason why people complain about Suckchez and not the other incidents that you cited is because Sucky hAs been doing his stupid plays for four years. He shows no signs of getting better and can not help elevate the play of those around him unless they are on the other team. Just sayin'

Go Jets!