Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you were the Offensive Coordinator...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you forced me to start him? I'd roll out Sanchez a lot more, tell him to take chances throwing deep off PA, and quick slants. I'd run the ball a ton and use a zone scheme to take advantage of our athletic OL. Still wouldn't be pretty, but that would be what I would try first.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Put him on a bus... and then crash the bus.
    There's something seriously wrong with you, pal.

I'd put him on a bus and make him drive back to California.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If i was o coordinator I would have started tebow and powell from day 1 and we would be 6-4 and right in the thick of things for a wildcard.
    Last edited by Vin; 11-24-2012 at 10:52 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the current group of talent on the team, I'd start with sticking with the man blocking principles Sporano uses in the running game. I like the quick hitting runs it creates in the run game, and I don't think any of our 3 backs are suited to be good zone blocking backs(even though Greene was in college).

As far as Sanchez, I'd play action him as much as possible. Waggles, straight drop PA and rollouts would be a staple in my offense, and I would do as little straight dropping in 5-7 yard drops as possible. Due to all the PA in the passing game, I'd use more counter action running than we utilize now.

With the current roster, I'd try to almost always bunch or stack my WR's to help create seperation for them to make up for their lack of ability. Keller would be the focal point of my passing game. I'd focus the passing game in the 8-15 yard zone, and utilize Keller as my "deep" threat down the seams and on flag routes outside the hashes.

I'd be fired in 2 games.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    Exactly. I'd draft a tackle and guard 1 and 2.
    Rex wants defense! We will draft a LB to compliment Davis, and get some JAG of the practice squad of some other team to fill in at G, and then look to an aging WR in free agency to you know boost the offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    Rex wants defense! We will draft a LB to compliment Davis, and get some JAG of the practice squad of some other team to fill in at G, and then look to an aging WR in free agency to you know boost the offense.
    They already did:

G Hayworth Hicks Signed to Active Roster

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...f-88226004d599

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    1)start McElroy....see if at least we have a backup Qb for the future.
    2)Powell gets 15-18 carries/game.....has earned it with his play. Has shown acceleration and cutting ability, and nose for end-zone.
    3)Play Vlad at rt guard(Moore a fa) and Jason Smith at rt tackle. With 5 games to go, see if line play improves. Can it get any worse?
    4)Target Stephen Hill 7-8 times per game, with at least 2 of those long passes. Guy is just about fastest guy in NFL, and we throw him slants and square outs.
    Maybe a reverse now and then?
    5)for rest of season, dictate the game to our opponents, not the other way around. Be aggressive and have some fun.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    You need a RT and better, consistent OG play first.
    Truth