Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you were the Offensive Coordinator...

Undrafted Free Agent

If you were the Offensive Coordinator...

How would you use Sanchez?

What kind of offensive scheme would you deploy?

Do you think our O-Line is better suited for a different blocking scheme?

Should they move Sanchez around more?

Gotta get the kid to react not think..

So if you were the OC what would you do??

p.s no Tebow.

Put him on a bus... and then crash the bus.

All League
    Need a RB. A top tier RB would do wonders for this offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    More quick throws like slants and roll him out more often. He is decent on the run.

All League
    Hold the clipboard for me

i would call plays that take decision making away from sanchez. don't let him think too much. the defenses can't double everyone so try to pick the guy who will be single covered before the play is run and then go with him.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Need a RB. A top tier RB would do wonders for this offense.
    You need a RT and better, consistent OG play first.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    This is true. I have been desperately wanting a big time back. If we are gonna have $hitty WR's, at least get a dominate back.

Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post

p.s no Tebow.
    First I would teach my tight ends to block,then mix mix in some off tackle sweeps for Mcknight. I would tell the o-line we are going to run the ball on first down,second down and third down. If you want to stay on the team you need to block enough to open 4yd holes. I would run it every down for the first 2 drives ( we have 3 pro bowlers on the line make them show they are worth it and this is a true strenght of the team exploit it. This not only sets a physical tone for the game ,it also allows Mark to get a feel for the game. If we can not get 10 yds for every 3 carries we are not going to win anyway. Now playaction and rolling Mark out of the pocket become extremely effective . Still every drive should be us lining up and daring people to stop us on the ground .Use Stephen Hills ability to block.Aim for 40 rushes and I like our chances

I'd resign.

All Pro
    If i was o coordinator I would have started tebow and powell from day 1 and we would be 6-4 and right in the thick of things for a wildcard.

Jets Insider VIP
    Doesn't help when you use the lackluster guards we have thusly:

Goal line from the one, pull the left guard (Ducasse) across the formation, not for a trap, but a misdirection trap hoping the LB doesn't shoot the hole you just created and instead reads the block, thereby diving with the RB into the space the LB (hopefully) vacated. Beyond bush-league.

Sanchez is clearly at his best when the pace is quicker. I'd go so far to say that the offense as a whole would be better playing with a sense of urgency instead of the lackadasical 30+ seconds between snaps we are presently seeing. It's hard to maintain a level of intensity when you aren't moving with intensity. Again, pretty straight-forward stuff from a coaching standpoint.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post

p.s no Tebow.
    I'd use Suckchez to clean the urinals! I would be afraid that he'd drop the scouring pad.

All Pro
    I'd bench let him hold the clipboard make Tebow starter for a couple games go out sign David Gerard or Michael Vick Cut sanchez before 2013 training camp starts eat his salary.

All Pro
    I would quit. The HC has saddled me with a QB i know is garbage and expects me to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Doesn't help when you use the lackluster guards we have thusly:

Goal line from the one, pull the left guard (Ducasse) across the formation, not for a trap, but a misdirection trap hoping the LB doesn't shoot the hole you just created and instead reads the block, thereby diving with the RB into the space the LB (hopefully) vacated. Beyond bush-league.

Sanchez is clearly at his best when the pace is quicker. I'd go so far to say that the offense as a whole would be better playing with a sense of urgency instead of the lackadasical 30+ seconds between snaps we are presently seeing. It's hard to maintain a level of intensity when you aren't moving with intensity. Again, pretty straight-forward stuff from a coaching standpoint.
    No disagreement from me. I don't think the Jets have gone no huddle or a fast paced O until they have been down 30. And this coming off all the faster, faster crap we heard all summer.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Definitely more dump offs to the backs,i believe you will start to see Powell getting throws and throw long every third throw to keep safeties off line of scrimmage.Hill/Gates are both possible long, deep threats.

First, I would name Bilal Powell the starting RB, and have Shonn Greene come in late in the game once defenses are tired. A fresh Shonn Greene running against a gassed defense is scary.

I would run the damn ball most of the game. Sanchez can get that 75% efficiency if he just doesn't have to throw it all the time. Sanchez is a 3rd down passer, not a 1st and 2nd down passer.

Run the ball twice, get it to 3rd and short most of the time, and then play action roll out. When I do want to pass on 1st or 2nd down when the defense loads up the box, I'm running a shotgun play where Sanchez just starts moving in one direction. One type of pass Sanchez is actually pretty good at is when he's moving to his right, and he has multiple levels of receivers streaking across the field to the right.

It worked well enough in 09 and 10, I'm not really sure why we went away from it. Mark isn't and has never been a pocket passer.

Exactly. I'd draft a tackle and guard 1 and 2.