View Poll Results: Is Woodhead better than every active Jet skill position player?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 32.43%
  • No

50 67.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Danny Woodhead better than...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Yeah, if only that actually happened. Unless we have 8 foot tall linemen.
    The amazing thing about it is trying to figure out WTF Sanchez was seeing. How to you run straight into that?

Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 11-24-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Yeah, if only that actually happened. Unless we have 8 foot tall linemen.
    Moore still has Sanchez's lip imprint on his right cheek.

All Pro
    Oh yeah? I got my eyes on you!

“I remember his first game,” Brady said. “We kind of joked on the sideline, [former Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien] and I, we kind of said, ‘The legend is born.’ We saw him that week in practice, what he was capable of doing, and said, ‘Why did the Jets release that guy?‘ They had him playing receiver and he was a running back in college.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...anny-woodhead/

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    The amazing thing about it is trying to figure out WTF Sanchez was seeing. How to you run straight into that?

He didn't-Moore got driven back and down into the direction he was sliding

Curious as to why so many think McKnight is a better "football player". Seems odd to me. Woodhead seemed to beat him out in training camp/preseason when he was here. To me it seemed like a case of the organization just not willing to cut bait on a much higher draft pick, even though Woodhead clearly out played him.

I dunno, I guess it's just sad to admit that this is even a legitimate debate. Which IMO it is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz View Post
    Curious as to why so many think McKnight is a better "football player". Seems odd to me. Woodhead seemed to beat him out in training camp/preseason when he was here. To me it seemed like a case of the organization just not willing to cut bait on a much higher draft pick, even though Woodhead clearly out played him.

I dunno, I guess it's just sad to admit that this is even a legitimate debate. Which IMO it is.
    And the last time WOODHEAD was close to leading the NFL as a kr was when?

To be honest about it McKnight has superior talent then Woody. Put Joe in NE and he'd shut you up quickly when he was utilized by the HC correctly. This actually happened to WOODHEAD and he looks like a vastly improved player minus the talent of Joe McKnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Jets!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I don't know about McKnight. The coaches have held back on using him; it sounds like they believe him to be practically uncoachable. He doesn't get it on ST for instance continues to make the same boneheaded errors, and still fumbling - why isn't he being bashed for his 'performance' on Thursday here?
    Err he was used as a kr for the rest of the game vs Patriots. Did he nearly lead the NFL in kr last year? And your alleged point is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Jets!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    I would have to say yes. How many rings does Woodhead have? Is he better than Joe Namath or Maynard? Probably not. Rules were very different back than, but currently, yes. There is no Jet today that can say they are better.
    Pretty sure woodhead has zero. I like woodhead, but I think Kerley is better, I also think Greene is a better RUNNING back then woodhead. Not saying Greene is a good running back, but to run the ball, Greene is better.

Yeah, that's probably the case. Even back in 2010 Woodhead was good enough to make our roster. Today?? He'd be the only talent we have on offense. There's no one on the Jets roster right now besides Keller and Kerley that are better than what Danny Woodhead brings to the team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Woodhead brings heart.

Heart was a big factor prior to Rex.
    Now the assumption is that Rex's
    big personality is all we need.
    Many of the team's current players
    give up before the game ends.

This is a contributing factor to losing
    the locker room...lack of character
    among some of the current players.

BB doesn't care if you are faster, bigger, stronger. If you fumble, that negates anything you can do.

He's said over and over again... plays are drawn up to get a certain yardage. If the blocking is there, at a minimum, you have to get that yardage. That's what's required at a minimum for any back BB plays. The next thing that separates you is yards after contact. That's where the truly good backs separate themselves. As he says, that's where a back gets yards on his own. If the 3 yards are there and a back doesn't get them because he misses a hole or dances in the backfield, he has no use for you. If you fumble, you won't see the field again for a while (ask Ridley).

That's his philosophy in a nutshell. Woodhead gives him those yards when he's called upon and even reaches that "yards on his own" a lot of times. Don't be so sure that Green would be a fit.

I do agree about Kerley though. I think he's going to be good.

Absolutely not.

Jeremy Kerley is a very good player. He may have 1,000 yards receiving this season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Kerley would be a beast in New England. McKnight would be much better as well. The Pats know how to get the most out of their players. We know how to get the least.
    It's called coaching.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Yeah, that's probably the case. Even back in 2010 Woodhead was good enough to make our roster. Today?? He'd be the only talent we have on offense. There's no one on the Jets roster right now besides Keller and Kerley that are better than what Danny Woodhead brings to the team.
    Wrecks would only utilize Woodhead as a punt protecter.

All League
    All respect to Woodhead but I do NOT want him on the Jets.

He would be a JAG at best on an offense that doesn't have a all time great QB, top WR/TEs, etc.

McKnight > Woodhead

Sent from my LG-P999

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz View Post

McKnight was an out of shape rookie at the time. Woodhead had already been with the Jets for some time.

If McKnight had the luxery or a HOF QB throwing his way while the defense focused on 3-4 guys that are bigger threats then I bet he would look great as well.

Sent from my LG-P999

Woodhea may not be the biggest, or strongest, or fastest athlete, but he is a football player. Guy can ball.

Woodhead isn't as physically "talented" as McKnight, or __________ (insert current Jets player here). Woodhead gives zero ****s. He makes plays.

Jets were too hung up on draft status to keep him. Pats saw a hell of a football player.

That being said. Kerly has turned into a hell of a receiver.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    BB doesn't care if you are faster, bigger, stronger. If you fumble, that negates anything you can do.

He's said over and over again... plays are drawn up to get a certain yardage. If the blocking is there, at a minimum, you have to get that yardage. That's what's required at a minimum for any back BB plays. The next thing that separates you is yards after contact. That's where the truly good backs separate themselves. As he says, that's where a back gets yards on his own. If the 3 yards are there and a back doesn't get them because he misses a hole or dances in the backfield, he has no use for you. If you fumble, you won't see the field again for a while (ask Ridley).

That's his philosophy in a nutshell. Woodhead gives him those yards when he's called upon and even reaches that "yards on his own" a lot of times. Don't be so sure that Green would be a fit.

I do agree about Kerley though. I think he's going to be good.
    Woodhead has been known to put the ball on the ground no question....the Jets playoff game, KOs, etc.

Sent from my LG-P999

Woodhead doesn't fumble, he doesn't miss blocks, he catches what's thrown to him...keep the fumblers, blocking misfits, and guys who can't catch. The Pats will keep the small undrafted white guy who gets it done.