View Poll Results: Is Woodhead better than every active Jet skill position player?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 32.43%
  • No

    50 67.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: Is Danny Woodhead better than...

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Question Is Danny Woodhead better than...

    Every single "active" Jets offensive skill position player?

  2. #2
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    475
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, I'd say that Kerley and maybe Keller are better.

  3. #3
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously?

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    484
    Post Thanks / Like
    not at all.

    we have had no proper coaching for our offense players.Joe mc night is probably better than woodhead if he was on the pats and many more players.

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have see some Statz®

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The 5th Dimension
    Posts
    1,038
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woodhead! nah!

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have to say yes. How many rings does Woodhead have? Is he better than Joe Namath or Maynard? Probably not. Rules were very different back than, but currently, yes. There is no Jet today that can say they are better.

  8. #8
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know one thing, he's a better QB than Mark Sanchez.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based on what I read on this board, woodhead should be a hall of famer when his career is over

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    I would have to say yes. How many rings does Woodhead have? Is he better than Joe Namath or Maynard? Probably not. Rules were very different back than, but currently, yes. There is no Jet today that can say they are better.
    woodhead has 0 rings. and you think only 2 guys in the history of the franchise are better?

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,756
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone that plays with future hof qb tom Brady will be better than they are...Bilal Powell might be better for all we know

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,565
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kerley, Keller, Holmes and McKnight are all better than Woodhead.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kerley would be a beast in New England. McKnight would be much better as well. The Pats know how to get the most out of their players. We know how to get the least.

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    Nope, I'd say that Kerley and maybe Keller are better.
    Agreed...... Woodhead should have been a JET but REX knows all.

    That said.... McNight also may be better.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Kerley would be a beast in New England. McKnight would be much better as well. The Pats know how to get the most out of their players. We know how to get the least.
    Agreed. McKnight would be awesome in NE. Belichick knows how to get the most out of his players. Wreck does nothing but talk a good game.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Agreed. McKnight would be awesome in NE. Belichick knows how to get the most out of his players. Wreck does nothing but talk a good game.
    I don't know about McKnight. The coaches have held back on using him; it sounds like they believe him to be practically uncoachable. He doesn't get it on ST for instance continues to make the same boneheaded errors, and still fumbling - why isn't he being bashed for his 'performance' on Thursday here?

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woodhead is a ball player.

    The thing about him is that when he's asked to step up for the Pats, he produces. That's why he's used in certain situations. BB doesn't ask players to do what they can't do. He puts them into situations to succeed and asks them to produce. If they produce, they're called upon again. If he puts them in a situation to succeed and they fail to produce (drop the ball on a pass, fumble, hesitate), they're gone. He has no patience for lack of consistency. Woodhead has done what he's been asked to do and that's why he's successful on the Pats.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,890
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Woodhead is a ball player.

    The thing about him is that when he's asked to step up for the Pats, he produces. That's why he's used in certain situations. BB doesn't ask players to do what they can't do. He puts them into situations to succeed and asks them to produce. If they produce, they're called upon again. If he puts them in a situation to succeed and they fail to produce (drop the ball on a pass, fumble, hesitate), they're gone. He has no patience for lack of consistency. Woodhead has done what he's been asked to do and that's why he's successful on the Pats.
    Also to date he's managed to avoid running headfirst into his O-line's butts.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Also to date he's managed to avoid running headfirst into his O-line's butts.
    Yeah, if only that actually happened. Unless we have 8 foot tall linemen.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Also to date he's managed to avoid running headfirst into his O-line's butts.
    I'm pretty sure that's a skill unique to Sanchez. I'm sure if BB ever needs someone to do that and Sanchez is available, BB will pull the trigger.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us