Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Notre Dame Linebacker

  1. #1

    Notre Dame Linebacker

    I am not a big college football guy, how do you think that kid Manti number 5, would look in Jet green. he looks real good the times I saw him

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    He is a good player but in today's NFL he wont make as much of an impact. Harris and Davis are our MLB next year anyways so we got much bigger needs...

  3. #3
    he'd be great in a rex ryan defense. too bad rex might be gone next year

  4. #4
    he'd be awesome on the jets. I think the jets should go for an edge rusher though... the lack of natural pass rush on 3rd down is the biggest problem for the defense

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,144
    Jets need to go back to the 4-3. Ive had enough of the 3-4.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,447
    He's gonna be a top 5 pick...

    but it's looking more and more like we will be picking in the top 5.....

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,202
    No matter what the scheme is Tao will be an ILB and I would not want to use a 1st round pick on an ILB.

    We will definitely be going OLB/DE in this draft. That will be 4 1st rounders in a row for the defense.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    I think that kid is a great COLLEGE football player.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    The guy I want to see on the Jets is Theo Riddick...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    He's gonna be a top 5 pick...

    but it's looking more and more like we will be picking in the top 5.....
    Nah. Jets will finish with at least 6 wins.

  11. #11
    He is a liability in pass coverage... Nice player though, think Marvin Jones...

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    He is a liability in pass coverage... Nice player though, think Marvin Jones...
    Te'o is far from a liability in coverage. His average speed and general athleticism may point to that, but he's not bad. Not outstanding, but not a liability.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Te'o is far from a liability in coverage. His average speed and general athleticism may point to that, but he's not bad. Not outstanding, but not a liability.
    From what I have read, he is sharp in zone coverage but struggles in picking up backs out of the backfield... 2 minutes after my post he picked off a pass....

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    From what I have read, he is sharp in zone coverage but struggles in picking up backs out of the backfield... 2 minutes after my post he picked off a pass....
    I can definitely see him struggling in man coverage against backs. He's more of a David Harris athlete than a Patrick Willis one.

    Whether it be vs run or pass, his instincts are phenomenal. More suited for 3-4 in my opinion, I doubt the Jets would take him though.

  15. #15
    I think we're set on slow linebackers.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    6,169
    Slow? Kid was 4.6 guy coming out of highschool..

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,145
    You don't pass on a talent like Te'o just because you have someone like Demario f*cking Davis on the roster.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Slow? Kid was 4.6 guy coming out of highschool..
    Yeah, those HS Forty times are legitimate. Do you realize that very few LB's at the combine year and and year out run faster than 4.6? Yet you think he was doing it as an 18 year old? He will be lucky to crack 4.65.

    Just for a point of reference, Brian Urlacher ran a 4.59 at his combine.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    You don't pass on a talent like Te'o just because you have someone like Demario f*cking Davis on the roster.
    You do when you have about 10 more glaring needs then that position.

  20. #20
    Manti is a team player, he wouldn't fit into the Jets lockerroom clustefack, just like Tebow doesn't. I kind of feel sorry for Tebow.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us