Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Notre Dame Linebacker

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    You do when you have about 10 more glaring needs then that position.
    Teams that draft for need are the same teams that find themselves at the bottom of the barrel year after year.

This team needs playmakers, period.

And not only is Te'o a playmaker, he's a great leader, something this defense and team as a whole is severely lacking.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Teams that draft for need are the same teams that find themselves at the bottom of the barrel year after year.

This team needs playmakers, period.

And not only is Te'o a playmaker, he's a great leader, something this defense and team as a whole is severely lacking.
    The Jets need playmakers all over the place, it's one thing if the Jets pass over Te'o to take someone who is far lesser of a player than Te'o becuase of need, but where the Jets likely will end up picking, they should be able to get as good a player, at a greater position of need.

He's a baller. Reminds me of Brandon Spikes when he was in Florida. Always made plays around the ball. Spikes didn't run well at the combine and dropped to the Pats and now he's making plays for them. If this guy is available in the second round, we gotta go after him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    He's a baller. Reminds me of Brandon Spikes when he was in Florida. Always made plays around the ball. Spikes didn't run well at the combine and dropped to the Pats and now he's making plays for them. If this guy is available in the second round, we gotta go after him.
    2nd round?

He's basically a lock for the Top 10

Easily the best ILB prospect since Patrick Willis.

Manti will be top 5.

All League
    Depending on how the draft picks shake out, it's not completely out of the question(although highly unlikely) that he'll go #1 overall.

There is a very slim chance he makes it out of the top 5 and a zero % chance he makes it to the second round.

If this guy is available in the second round, we gotta go after him.

All Pro
    all im saying is Speed has never been a issue for Te'o ... From his 1st game at ND the guy stood out.. runs sideline to sideline with ease. is good in coverage..

i have never heard anyone question his speed he isnt patrick willis but the guy isnt brandon spikes ether.. he will be a Every Down LB in the NFL.. in a 3-4 or a 4-3

as for would not taking him because of davis and harris that wouldn't stop me this a is a weak draft i would gladly take a Te'o one of the few true blue chip prospects in this years draft and move Davis to OLB.. this guy is gonna be the face of some teams defense for 10+ years he has everything you want in a player..
    Last edited by Scoop24; 11-25-2012 at 07:44 AM.

You don't pass on a talent like Te'o just because you have someone like Demario f*cking Davis on the roster.
    the jets do....

2nd round?

He's basically a lock for the Top 10

Easily the best ILB prospect since Patrick Willis.
    i love teo.... but luke keuchly was a better prospect and is easily living up to the hype

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No matter what the scheme is Tao will be an ILB and I would not want to use a 1st round pick on an ILB.

We will definitely be going OLB/DE in this draft. That will be 4 1st rounders in a row for the defense.
    The Jets pick a DLman every year - many times a DE. BUT, never the RIGHT one.
    When they did - Abe - they dump him. He's still making an impact BTW.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    He is a good player but in today's NFL he wont make as much of an impact. Harris and Davis are our MLB next year anyways so we got much bigger needs...
    I wouldn't write him off that simply, Patrick Willis made an immediate impact at a Pro Bowl level. I'm not saying he's a player at Willis's level, just saying some players can make a great impact.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    You do when you have about 10 more glaring needs then that position.
    Jets should not even look at a defensive players until the 5th round.

the defense is solid (not great but solid) the offense is a an unmitigated disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

the defense is solid (not great but solid) the offense is a an unmitigated disaster.
    Wrong..Need athletic OLBs that can get after the QB and secondary also drop into coverage

Veteran

Oh, but they will. I'm willing to wager a paycheck that the Jets first pick will be an OLB/DE (Mingo, Werner, Moore, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    He is a good player but in today's NFL he wont make as much of an impact. Harris and Davis are our MLB next year anyways so we got much bigger needs...
    +1

Love Te'o but he doesn't address the defense's biggest need since '06 -- a pass rush

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Slow? Kid was 4.6 guy coming out of highschool..
    He'snot nearly fast/athletic enough to consider a first round pick on. Willis is a freak...he's not on his planet.

Jets need playmakers..guys with speed. Teo is a great college player but those guys get exposed at the next level. Dat Nguyen was another guy...great college player...All American, decent pro...but he's kinda where I see Te'o. He's getting overhyped right now because ND is undefeated.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Wrong..Need athletic OLBs that can get after the QB and secondary also drop into coverage
    I'm sorry but you're wrong here. Drafting defense before the 5th round this season is simply wrong. Yes, the defense needs speed at LB but we could pick them up in free agency or after the 4th round. Harris isn't going anywhere and we already some young talent.

The point I'm making though is even if we leave all things as is on defense (and we're certainly not going to do that) it's still a middle of the road group...with Revis back they top 10....

the offense is bottom five in league...and not getting better. As an organization we need to commit to making the offense better.

I'm sorry but you're wrong here. Drafting defense before the 5th round this season is simply wrong. Yes, the defense needs speed at LB but we could pick them up in free agency or after the 4th round. Harris isn't going anywhere and we already some young talent.

The point I'm making though is even if we leave all things as is on defense (and we're certainly not going to do that) it's still a middle of the road group...with Revis back they top 10....

the offense is bottom five in league...and not getting better. As an organization we need to commit to making the offense better.
    While you are probably right, I believe that we need a better QB to truly evaluate what we have on offense... If you subscribe to the theory of a QB can make the players around him better then we really have no clue what we have. In addition to Mark turning the ball over and not seeing the field. We have no idea how to use our talent. What ever happened to the third down back (McKnight) Since Schotty we have failed to effectively use our RBs in the passing game to create mis matches amongst LBs. We need a new offensive philosophy first and a new QB next. We can fill in after that. If a guy like Teo is available when the Jets pick you take him.