Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 121

Thread: Once the Jets get back to 7-7

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    This is pretty funny.

    Other than the Jags game, the Jets will be underdogs in every single game.

    4-7 teams do not win 4 out of 5 games.

    Yeah except the Jets did nearly exactly that back in 2009 and made it to the AFC Championship Game.

    Also, nobody predicted the Jets would eject the Patriots from the playoffs that year either. Once the playoffs start all bets are off... Get there, and things play themselves out the way they play themselves out.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Yeah except the Jets did nearly exactly that back in 2009 and made it to the AFC Championship Game.

    Also, nobody predicted the Jets would eject the Patriots from the playoffs that year either. Once the playoffs start all bets are off... Get there, and things play themselves out the way they play themselves out.
    Yea, like the 2009 Jets are like the 2012 Jets.

    Stop living in the past, the Jets today are one of the worst 5 teams in the NFL.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    First of all, aside from a handful of teams in the NFL nobody knows what one team is going to be or not be from one season to the next. There is no use projecting into next season because some of the teams you think will be great will suck and some of the teams that are supposed to suck will be playing great football. Next season is for next season, the Jets (and every other team in the NFL) can only concentrate on the "here and now" of this season and that means THIS WEEK ONLY. Teams will deal with next season next season, all the Jets can do right now is try to salvage the season they already have and to do that they need to win against the Cards and every other team they face the rest of the way.

    Nobody thought much of the Giants during the seasons when they made their last two Superbowl runs either. I'm not comparing the Jets to the Giants in this regard, but it does prove that nobody has any idea what a team that hasn't been mathematically eliminated from contention will do.
    You play the game in front of you, not the game in front of that or the season in front of that. The Jets could still make the playoffs, and if they do neither you nor I have any idea what would happen if they got there.
    Nobody thought much of the giants going into last year? What planet were you on? They were favored to win the Division.

    You play the game in front of you but you build the team for the season ahead. You know the jets situation with the cap and FA this off season. Do you see any improvement in wins and losses next year?

    Based on how the jets have played the good teams, there is no reason to believe they will fare better. Just because you can't prove it beyond a shadow a doubt is not a reason for optimism. I can believe I will win the powerball game Wednesday, there is no proof I won't. And as far as the schedule, Teams that are perennial playoff teams don't just go into the tank unless the qb goes down. If you don't think the AFC east schedule is tuff next year, you are optimistic to a fault.
    Last edited by patman; 11-25-2012 at 10:59 AM.

  4. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yea, like the 2009 Jets are like the 2012 Jets.

    Stop living in the past, the Jets today are one of the worst 5 teams in the NFL.
    The Jets today have one of the top 5 passing defenses in the NFL, that is a fact. On offense they've been missing players to injury and trying to get their younger players and rookies some playing time, which is going to involve growing pains.

    Taking a look at the thursday night game against the Patriots, you do realize that Tom Brady threw for only 20 more yards than Mark Sanchez and completed 11% less of his passes than the Jets quarterback did? You realize that right? You also realize that Shonn Greene ran for 5.1 yards per carry against your top rated run defense didn't you? Hopefully you also realize that the majority of the TD's Brady threw came off of turnovers right? The fact is, Tom Brady did not outplay Mark Sanchez in that game. Had Sanchez been handed the same lucky breaks that Brady was handed he would have racked up 3 TD's in the game too.


    The New England Patriots didn't necessarily out play the Jets on thursday night so much as the Jets turned the ball over on fumbles and a redzone INT and handed them the blowout win that they went home with. Eliminate the turnovers and this is a very much different game... Try not to take too much away from that win because your team really is more like the one who won by 3 points at Gillette and not the one who won by 35 on thursday.

  5. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    The Jets today have one of the top 5 passing defenses in the NFL, that is a fact. On offense they've been missing players to injury and trying to get their younger players and rookies some playing time, which is going to involve growing pains.

    Taking a look at the thursday night game against the Patriots, you do realize that Tom Brady threw for only 20 more yards than Mark Sanchez and completed 11% less of his passes than the Jets quarterback did? You realize that right? You also realize that Shonn Greene ran for 5.1 yards per carry against your top rated run defense didn't you? Hopefully you also realize that the majority of the TD's Brady threw came off of turnovers right? The fact is, Tom Brady did not outplay Mark Sanchez in that game. Had Sanchez been handed the same lucky breaks that Brady was handed he would have racked up 3 TD's in the game too.


    The New England Patriots didn't necessarily out play the Jets on thursday night so much as the Jets turned the ball over on fumbles and a redzone INT and handed them the blowout win that they went home with. Eliminate the turnovers and this is a very much different game... Try not to take too much away from that win because your team really is more like the one who won by 3 points at Gillette and not the one who won by 35 on thursday.
    Stop giving Rex a pass. He, and his supposed innovative defense, blew another one. We got boned.

    NE ran and threw on us all night. And they were coasting most of the game.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Yeah except the Jets did nearly exactly that back in 2009 and made it to the AFC Championship Game.

    Also, nobody predicted the Jets would eject the Patriots from the playoffs that year either. Once the playoffs start all bets are off... Get there, and things play themselves out the way they play themselves out.
    Agreeing with Tex is piling on, but to equate this team to the 2009/2010 team is quite a stretch. Can you think of any team that lost every game with any team that was .500 or better making noise in the playoffs? Even the Seahawks who were the worse team to qualify for the playoffs, beat the 11-5 bears

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Nobody thought much of the giants going into last year? What planet were you on? They were favored to win the Division.

    You play the game in front of you but you build the team for the season ahead. You know the jets situation with the cap and FA this off season. Do you see any improvement in wins and losses next year?

    Based on how the jets have played the good teams, there is no reason to believe they will fare better. Just because you can't prove it beyond a shadow a doubt is not a reason for optimism. I can believe I will win the powerball game Wednesday, there is no proof I won't. And as far as the schedule, Teams that are perennial playoff teams don't just go into the tank unless the qb goes down. If you don't think the AFC east schedule is tuff next year, you are optimistic to a fault.

    Oh really... So if the Giants lose that critical game against the Jets at Metlife last year they are still going to the playoffs? No sir, THEY ARE NOT. The Giants needed to go on a run just to get to 9-7 and guess what... EVERYONE WAS CALLING FOR TOM COUGHLIN'S HEAD!


    Please get your facts straight and check your Patriots bias at the door before responding further please, because I was there and I know exactly what happened with the Giants last season as does every other New York fan around here.

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    The Jets today have one of the top 5 passing defenses in the NFL, that is a fact.
    The Chiefs are the 6th best pass defense and only give up 4 more yards per game than the Jets. That is a fact. Apparently, the Chiefs are a pretty good team too. You can cherry pick stats to make any team look good.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 11-25-2012 at 11:13 AM.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post

    The New England Patriots didn't necessarily out play the Jets on thursday night so much as the Jets turned the ball over on fumbles and a redzone INT and handed them the blowout win that they went home with.
    Go have a glass of kool aid with RahRah and sg3.

    BTW, the Pats totally embarrassed the Jets on national TV.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    The Jets today have one of the top 5 passing defenses in the NFL, that is a fact. On offense they've been missing players to injury and trying to get their younger players and rookies some playing time, which is going to involve growing pains.

    Taking a look at the thursday night game against the Patriots, you do realize that Tom Brady threw for only 20 more yards than Mark Sanchez and completed 11% less of his passes than the Jets quarterback did? You realize that right? You also realize that Shonn Greene ran for 5.1 yards per carry against your top rated run defense didn't you? Hopefully you also realize that the majority of the TD's Brady threw came off of turnovers right? The fact is, Tom Brady did not outplay Mark Sanchez in that game. Had Sanchez been handed the same lucky breaks that Brady was handed he would have racked up 3 TD's in the game too.


    The New England Patriots didn't necessarily out play the Jets on thursday night so much as the Jets turned the ball over on fumbles and a redzone INT and handed them the blowout win that they went home with. Eliminate the turnovers and this is a very much different game... Try not to take too much away from that win because your team really is more like the one who won by 3 points at Gillette and not the one who won by 35 on thursday.
    Because team can run on them all day long. Why pass when you can run?
    And when you lose 5 games by 17 or more points teams only pass on 3rd down in the 4th quarter.

    The Pats played a bad game at Gillette earlier this year and the jets played one of their better ones. What do you mean eliminate the turnovers? bad teams turn the ball over, that is why they are bad. Bad receivers drop more balls, that is why they are bad, bad qbs throw picks at inopportune time, that is why they are bad. Bad rb fumble the ball. So what your saying is that if you eliminate the qb, rb and the wrs, the jets are a good team.

  11. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Agreeing with Tex is piling on, but to equate this team to the 2009/2010 team is quite a stretch. Can you think of any team that lost every game with any team that was .500 or better making noise in the playoffs? Even the Seahawks who were the worse team to qualify for the playoffs, beat the 11-5 bears
    The truth is, once the playoffs start you have no idea what will happen. I don't care what happened in the regular season, the playoffs are a much different matter.


    CASE IN POINT: MARTY SCHOTTENHEIMER


    Marty Schottenheimer was a great coach during the regular season. His teams consistently won 13+ games a year. The man knew how to get his team into the playoffs, but once he got there he CHOKED... The man did this so many times that he became synonymous with choking and got fired from the Chargers even after posting up another 13 win season, and to this day he can't get another job in the NFL has a headcoach because of this.


    Please try to learn from the lesson of Marty... THE REGULAR SEASON MEANS NOTHING! Just get to the playoffs however you can and fight your ass off once you get there and no matter what your record was or who you beat in the regular season you too can have Superbowl ring at the end of it...

  12. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    The New England Patriots didn't necessarily out play the Jets on thursday night so much as the Jets turned the ball over on fumbles and a redzone INT and handed them the blowout win that they went home with. Eliminate the turnovers and this is a very much different game... Try not to take too much away from that win because your team really is more like the one who won by 3 points at Gillette and not the one who won by 35 on thursday.
    You eliminate the running plays and it will be a different game too. If you eliminate passes to Welker, it would have been a different game too. What is this eliminate the turnovers crap.

    Turnovers are part of the game. The red zone INT was a great play by Gregory. So let's ignore it.

    The Pats outplayed, outcoached, and outclassed the Jets and there is no other way to spin it any other way. You take away the points scored on the Sanchez butt fumble and McKnight kick return turnover and the Pats still win by 16 points.

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Oh really... So if the Giants lose that critical game against the Jets at Metlife last year they are still going to the playoffs? No sir, THEY ARE NOT. The Giants needed to go on a run just to get to 9-7 and guess what... EVERYONE WAS CALLING FOR TOM COUGHLIN'S HEAD!


    Please get your facts straight and check your Patriots bias at the door before responding further please, because I was there and I know exactly what happened with the Giants last season as does every other New York fan around here.
    What does me being a patriot fan or a fan of any other team have to do with the facts? The Giants last year did not lose every game they played against good teams.

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    The truth is, once the playoffs start you have no idea what will happen. I don't care what happened in the regular season, the playoffs are a much different matter.

    You don't care what happens in the regular season?

    The truth is, for the 2nd straight year the Jets will miss the playoffs because they sucked in the regular season.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    We saw how many people were back on the bandwagon after beating STL.

    We are a bully team. All bark, no bite. The real teams in this league wipe their asses with us.

    I fully expect to win AT LEAST 3 of the next 5 games. But that won't be b.c we are good, it will be b.c the opponents are worse off than we are.

    I don't care what the fans do. Fans are fans. My only hope is that Woody will see through the BS of us beating up on some JV teams.

    "There are cracks" -- D Mason.

  16. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Go have a glass of kool aid with RahRah and sg3.

    BTW, the Pats totally embarrassed the Jets on national TV.
    No sir, the Jets embarrassed THEMSELVES on national tv... You didn't outplay anybody and the stats prove it. Your quarterback threw for only 20 more yards and 11 percent less completion rate than the quarteback you say "sucks"... Can you explain that for me please? If my quarterback sucks yet completed more of his passes than yours what does that say about your quarterback in this game?


    Enough said, just accept that fact that you got handed a monumental gift in this game off crazy unforseeable turnovers and move on okay?

  17. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    You eliminate the running plays and it will be a different game too. If you eliminate passes to Welker, it would have been a different game too. What is this eliminate the turnovers crap.

    Turnovers are part of the game. The red zone INT was a great play by Gregory. So let's ignore it.

    The Pats outplayed, outcoached, and outclassed the Jets and there is no other way to spin it any other way. You take away the points scored on the Sanchez butt fumble and McKnight kick return turnover and the Pats still win by 16 points.
    Exactly. It's not like those plays happened in a vacuum.

    Gregory reads a locked in Sanchez and makes a phenomenal break on the ball; then he recovers a fumble; next Edelman scoops up McKnight's inexcusable fumble and scampers in for a quick score; then defensive player slaps the ball out of Greene's hands as he--astoundingly--thinks he's making a goal-line stretch for a TD; etc....

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You don't care what happens in the regular season?

    The truth is, for the 2nd straight year the Jets will miss the playoffs because they sucked in the regular season.
    You don't know if the Jets will miss the playoffs, they may very well make it there, and if they do they may also kick your teams all out like they did a couple of years ago. Whatever you say now may come back to bite you, try to keep that in mind. You are not 35 points better than the New York Jets. You got handed all those points off random turnovers that were not the fault of anyone, except maybe the redzone INT by Sanchez the rest were RANDOM... you did not cause them, THEY WERE A GIFT!

  19. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    No sir, the Jets embarrassed THEMSELVES on national tv... You didn't outplay anybody and the stats prove it. Your quarterback threw for only 20 more yards and 11 percent less completion rate than the quarteback you say "sucks"...
    The score was 35-3 before your QB had more than 50 passing yards.

    Do you know what the definition of "garbage time" is?

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    No sir, the Jets embarrassed THEMSELVES on national tv... You didn't outplay anybody and the stats prove it. Your quarterback threw for only 20 more yards and 11 percent less completion rate than the quarteback you say "sucks"... Can you explain that for me please? If my quarterback sucks yet completed more of his passes than yours what does that say about your quarterback in this game?


    Enough said, just accept that fact that you got handed a monumental gift in this game off crazy unforseeable turnovers and move on okay?
    LOL! Brady threw for 3 TDs (plus a rushing TD) and 0 INTs with a QB rating of 139.4 while Sanchez threw for 1 TD, 1 INT, with a QB rating of 94.8. Brady clearly outclassed Sanchez in that game. Not really even close unless you continue to cherry pick stats like you do. And we aren't even factoring in much of their stats were during garbage time in the second half (Sanchez threw his TD pass late in the fourth down 49-12). If Sanchez sucked in this game, Brady had a solid game with 3 TD passes in the first half when it was a game.

    BTW, Brady threw for 37 more yards than Sanchez and only an 8% less completion percentage.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 11-25-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us