Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Once the Jets get back to 7-7

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Exactly. It's not like those plays happened in a vacuum.

Gregory reads a locked in Sanchez and makes a phenomenal break on the ball; then he recovers a fumble; next Edelman scoops up McKnight's inexcusable fumble and scampers in for a quick score; then defensive player slaps the ball out of Greene's hands as he--astoundingly--thinks he's making a goal-line stretch for a TD; etc....
    So you've basically just admitted that the Pats offense did not win this game...

Thank you for making my point. If those random turnovers don't happen we have a much much different game on our hands, a game more like the one at Gillette than the cartoon show last thursday night. I'm glad we agree on this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marty is 69 years old, that is why he does ot have a gig. The jets would have died to have made the playoffs 13 times in 26 years and have had 12 straight winning seasons. Your still talking about a playoff game from two years ago, and what did the jets do, but lose in the playoffs in back to back years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    You don't know if the Jets will miss the playoffs, they may very well make it there, and if they do they may also kick your teams all out like they did a couple of years ago. Whatever you say now may come back to bite you, try to keep that in mind. You are not 35 points better than the New York Jets. You got handed all those points off random turnovers that were not the fault of anyone, except maybe the redzone INT by Sanchez the rest were RANDOM... you did not cause them, THEY WERE A GIFT!
    Of course the pats are not 35 points better than the jets, I would say 8 points.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you've basically just admitted that the Pats offense did not win this game...

Thank you for making my point. If those random turnovers don't happen we have a much much different game on our hands, a game more like the one at Gillette than the cartoon show last thursday night. I'm glad we agree on this.
    Who said the Pats offense won the game? That wasn't the question. It was whether the Pats outplayed the Jets. The Pats outplayed the Jets in every aspect of the game.

The Pats offense still put up 475 yards and 35 points if you take away the defensive and special teams TDs which would still have won the game by 16 point if all the scoring was the same.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

You realize that the Patriots are #1 at causing "random turnovers" right? They have almost double the forced fumbles of the next leading team Chicago. In combined ints and fumbles, Chicago pales to NE but NE's pass defense is so bad, everyone talks about Chicago's turnovers and ignores the fact that NE is ahead of them.
    Last edited by CleatMarks; 11-25-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this a goof or are you that stubborn? I was mirroring what a previous poster said regarding turnovers being part of the game, no matter that you choose to ignore it. Face it, we were beaten in all three phases of the game (royalty paid to Eric Mangini). Pats' offense smoked our D.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Marty is 69 years old, that is why he does ot have a gig. The jets would have died to have made the playoffs 13 times in 26 years and have had 12 straight winning seasons. Your still talking about a playoff game from two years ago, and what did the jets do, but lose in the playoffs in back to back years.
    Marty Schottenheimer hasn't coached in the NFL since 2006. That means he hasn't been able to get another job in the NFL since he was 63 years old.

Tom Coughlin is 66 years old and doesn't have anywhere near the regular season winning record of Marty Schottenheimer...

YOU WERE SAYING?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Is this a goof or are you that stubborn? I was mirroring what a previous poster said regarding turnovers being part of the game, no matter that you choose to ignore it. Face it, we were beaten in all three phases of the game (royalty paid to Eric Mangini). Pats' offense smoked our D.
    Sure they "smoked our D" for 11% less completions than Mark Sanchez had and 33 more rushing yards than we had and less time of possession than we had...

Are you sure YOU haven't been "smoking" something?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure they "smoked our D" for 11% less completions than Mark Sanchez had and 33 more rushing yards than we had and less time of possession than we had...

Have a great Sunday. Make sure you try some of the soups on the buffet table. Chef found some oxtails, and the stock is divine.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fact is, Tom Brady did not outplay Mark Sanchez in that game. .
    Oh lord.

How many interceptions did Brady throw?

How many times did Brady fumble for Jets TDs?

If you want to be happy with Sanchez' garbage time numbers when the game already decided feel free.

Are you DWC?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have easier opponents from here on out and it's possible they could get back to 7-7 over the next three games. If they do, you will see everyone back on board the Jets bandwagon like none of this ever happened. !
    Some might. People who get excited about a winning/.500 record or 1 and out playoff birth (low expectations) might.

However, people who think long term people who expect more then just beating bad teams and token playoff appearances won't.

I mean really how can you get excited about being in the upper echelon of bad teams.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Oh lord.

How many interceptions did Brady throw?

How many times did Brady fumble for Jets TDs?

If you want to be happy with Sanchez' garbage time numbers when the game already decided feel free.

Are you DWC?

Well how many times was Brady sacked? How much pressure was Brady under to make something happen? How many times did Brady trail in the game forcing him to take chances with his passes?

Anyone who thinks this game didn't hinge on turnovers didn't watch that cartoon show the other night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets today have one of the top 5 passing defenses in the NFL, that is a fact. On offense they've been missing players to injury and trying to get their younger players and rookies some playing time, which is going to involve growing pains.

Taking a look at the thursday night game against the Patriots, you do realize that Tom Brady threw for only 20 more yards than Mark Sanchez and completed 11% less of his passes than the Jets quarterback did? You realize that right? You also realize that Shonn Greene ran for 5.1 yards per carry against your top rated run defense didn't you? Hopefully you also realize that the majority of the TD's Brady threw came off of turnovers right? The fact is, Tom Brady did not outplay Mark Sanchez in that game. Had Sanchez been handed the same lucky breaks that Brady was handed he would have racked up 3 TD's in the game too.

The New England Patriots didn't necessarily out play the Jets on thursday night so much as the Jets turned the ball over on fumbles and a redzone INT and handed them the blowout win that they went home with. Eliminate the turnovers and this is a very much different game... Try not to take too much away from that win because your team really is more like the one who won by 3 points at Gillette and not the one who won by 35 on thursday.
    The D did give up 28 points to the NE offense that spent most of the night on cruise control. We got killed and they did not even have to try hard. Cantchez looked worse then he ever has. The kid is done here in Ny. Trade him to Az they seem to collect average underachieving Qb's.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If those random turnovers.....
    Since when are fumbles (by Sanches) and interceptions (by Sanchez) "random"?

Those things just "happen" out of the blue?

I am convinced Philly Statz is back.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, and if I won the lotto I would would be rich. But the Jets had those turnovers and I haven't won the lotto.

Without those turnovers things would have been different but not necessarily better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

NE held the ball for a total of 2 minute 10 seconds in the second quarter. That resulted in 35 points. The Jets wouldn't let Brady on the field but when he did the Pats were 11-15 in 3rd down conversions.... The Jets were 3 - 10. You have to dig deeper than completions and rushing yards.

Has anyone ever scored 35 points with 2+ minutes of possession?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well how many times was Brady sacked? How much pressure was Brady under to make something happen? How many times did Brady trail in the game forcing him to take chances with his passes?

Anyone who thinks this game didn't hinge on turnovers didn't watch that cartoon show the other night.
    You do realize the Pats were up 14-0 before any of the INTs that you can argue were "flukey". Spin the Gregory INT any way you want, but it was a great defensive play. That was an example of the Pats outplaying the Jets, not some kind of a fluke.

As the passing game in a blowout, most of those passing numbers are irrelevant. Brady got his three TDs when the game was in hand in the first half.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Some might. People who get excited about a winning/.500 record or 1 and out playoff birth (low expectations) might.

However, people who think long term people who expect more then just beating bad teams and token playoff appearances won't.

I mean really how can you get excited about being in the upper echelon of bad teams.
    Heading into the playoffs during their two Superbowl runs nobody would have said the New York Giants were one of the better teams heading into the playoffs. They just managed to get in with a 9-7 record and had to play all their games on the road. They looked very "one n' done" to just about anyone who followed them during the season.

Again, once the playoffs start all bets are off... Just get there, and once you're there you're a playoff team with a shot at a ring just like everyone else.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

No kidding...and who made those turnovers? Sanchez. Now lets hear why they weren't his fault.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm leaving this thread. I really don't want to pile onto Jets fans who are feeling this lose. I really don't. I apologize to those people. This guy is nuts and it's pointless to argue.