Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Once the Jets get back to 7-7

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    He also made a thread tonight comparing the Jets woes to the Packers struggles and Sanchez to Rodgers. Is that the wonderful "perspective" you're talking about? So glad he could open my eyes.... you may be a blind homer, but at least you seem to have some understanding of the sport. This guy is so far off the deep end I wonder if he is a fan of another team and just trolling our fanbase.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Owning you by offering you perspective you are both incapable nor have any capacity of accepting or grasping.
    What perspective? To show perspective is to bring a different view to something, not to camouflage it as something else. To show that you can take stats out of the context of the game and make them appear worse or better than the actual performance that they represent is not having a different perspective.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What perspective? To show perspective is to bring a different view to something, not to camouflage it as something else. To show that you can take stats out of the context of the game and make them appear worse or better than the actual performance that they represent is not having a different perspective.
    WTF are u talking about? I was talking the point made by somebody else in this thread that has always been the point of many of my posts, I didn't post any stats in this thread.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    He also made a thread tonight comparing the Jets woes to the Packers struggles and Sanchez to Rodgers. Is that the wonderful "perspective" you're talking about? So glad he could open my eyes.... you may be a blind homer, but at least you seem to have some understanding of the sport. This guy is so far off the deep end I wonder if he is a fan of another team and just trolling our fanbase.
    Please don't twist the meaning of my words sir. In the other thread I said the Packers loss to the Giants was worse than the Jets loss to the Patriots because the Packers simply got outplayed and lost all their head-to-head battles while the Jets handed the Patriots most of their points off unimaginable unrepeatable turnovers. To lose based on unfortunate turnovers is one thing, to lose because you lost all your head-to-head battles is another.

I know you hate the Jets and want to find every way you can to tear them apart but at least you could do the same to other teams when they clearly demonstrate they deserve it. Thank you.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Beating Buffalo, Jacksonville and Tenn is not going to make fans think that the jets are contenders. It is not just wins, but wins against who, If the jets 4 wins were against the Pats, steelers, Ravens and Seahawks, jet fans would not be so upset as it would show a talented team that can compete but has a lac of focus. Add one new HC and the fans will have reason to believe that next year they will be in the playoffs. If they win like you envision next year schedule, Besides clevleand and buffalo what games do you think the jets
    would be favored?

Cleveland
    Pittsburgh
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay

Baltimore
    Cincinnati
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    Arizona, Jets favored by 4 points this week

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    The Jets have easier opponents from here on out and it's possible they could get back to 7-7 over the next three games. If they do, you will see everyone back on board the Jets bandwagon like none of this ever happened. This is all the Jets can do right now, just win and get the team back to .500 and forget everything that happened leading up to 4-7. If the Jets get back to 7-7 you'll see Fireman Ed out there doing his thing as well as everyone else. The Jets dug themselves this hole and now they have to climb out of it alone over the next three games, until then all these forums will be awash in negativity and people will be calling for everyones heads including Woody's.

Nothing solves gloom n' doom like winning, and that's all the Jets can do right now regardless of who their opponents are or it they're playoff caliber teams or not, JUST WIN!
    I doubt they'll get back to 7-7. Remember, most of the team we face down the stretch have better records than us.

Also, I'm going to predict right now that Jacksonville beats us. Chad Henne has made that team pretty good, certainly better than the Mark Sanchez led Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I doubt they'll get back to 7-7. Remember, most of the team we face down the stretch have better records than us.

Also, I'm going to predict right now that Jacksonville beats us. Chad Henne has made that team pretty good, certainly better than the Mark Sanchez led Jets.
    If Chad Henne steps in without MJD & beats our Jets, it's definitely time to fold the tents in Jet land regarding Sanchez/Rex/Tanny.

I don't see it happening but if it does & I owned this team, heads would certainly roll.
    I'd be asking why we signed Tebow while Henne was avail as a BU.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    If Chad Henne steps in without MJD & beats our Jets, it's definitely time to fold the tents in Jet land regarding Sanchez/Rex/Tanny.

I don't see it happening but if it does & I owned this team, heads would certainly roll.
    A lot of us actually wanted Henne in the offseason as a backup. I think part of the reason we didn't target a guy like him was he was a little too expensive and I think the higher-ups in the organization who still wanted to see Sanchez succeed feared that Henne would beat out Mark for the job. Is there any doubt if we had Henne on this roster that he would be playing right now? Mark wouldn't have survived that Seahawks debacle with Henne on this roster.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once the Jets get back to 7-7
    LOL.

If they do, you will see everyone back on board the Jets bandwagon like none of this ever happened.
    No you won't.

I think your turkey was laced with something.

This team needs torn down and built properly. You have to suck for a bit to do so. You need to get a top 3 pick and get a stud pass rusher. Then you need a top 3 pick and get a true franchise QB, accepting the fact that some years THERE AREN'T ANY IN THE DRAFT.

Winning games is contradictory to that point. See what the Colts did last year? Well that needs to happen. I'd start putting people on IR if need be.

Then you need to suck to lower the pressure as your young QB blossoms. In very rare cases, you'll stumble on Luck or RG3 and have the ability to win some games that year.

In many cases (Cam Newton) those guys will take a step back their second year, but you remain 100% behind him and you don't limit the playbook or play it "safe," with Ground and Pound and other late 1970's-early 1980's formulas to win games that don't work now.

You have to be 100% committed to your young QB. You have to make the right choices for THAT PARTICULAR QB.

Some will need groomed and will benefit sitting for a year or even 2 (Rodgers, Kaepernick.) Some should be thrown out there and allowed to suck (Eli, Tannehill.)

You have to have the right guy making these calls as well as drafting them.

And if one thing's been established it's this:

Never, ever draft a QB out of USC.
    Last edited by PMarsico9; 11-26-2012 at 02:04 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post

Henne, Blackmon, and Shorts are better than anybody on the Jets offense.

They dumped Gabbert and stuck him IR. I will be surprised if they don't beat us if Jones-Drew is healthy.

Their d isn't that bad. Which means it's probably more than the offense can handle.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    They're starting a 6th round rookie at QB. If Sanchez get outplayed by that guy god help Rex when he stands on the podium and tells everyone Sanchez gives them the best chance to win.
    I went to the Arizona game yesterday... and the 6th round rookie almost pulled it off... Right upto the point where the Rams sent pressure and the rookie, well... made rookie mistakes - two pick sixes... ball game. Point is at least Whisenhunt tried and sent a message to one Messrs. John Skelton and Kevin Kolb that he is willing to try ANYTHING to get a win. Unfortunatly the HC of the NYJ is not willing to try anything so bold. Oh by the way, I felt as if I was watching CARBON COPY of the Jets. Decent defense, no running game, bad QB play... sound familiar?

This Sunday's game will be pathetic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarjet View Post
    I went to the Arizona game yesterday... and the 6th round rookie almost pulled it off... Right upto the point where the Rams sent pressure and the rookie, well... made rookie mistakes - two pick sixes... ball game. Point is at least Whisenhunt tried and sent a message to one Messrs. John Skelton and Kevin Kolb that he is willing to try ANYTHING to get a win. Unfortunatly the HC of the NYJ is not willing to try anything so bold. Oh by the way, I felt as if I was watching CARBON COPY of the Jets. Decent defense, no running game, bad QB play... sound familiar?

This Sunday's game will be pathetic.
    I think the overall point is Sanchez and especially Rex might not be able to afford losing to a team as bad as the Cardinals. Getting blown out to the Pats is bad, losing to a team that has dropped 7 straight and is down to their 3rd string QB (a rookie low-round pick from a mid-major program) is beyond bad. Especially for a guy like Rex who made his bones on D. I don't think Rex gets fired, but if you start dropping games like this week, all bets are off

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zona. WIN

Jax. WIN

Tenn. WIN

SanD. ????

Buff. WIN

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Zona. WIN

Jax. WIN

Tenn. WIN

SanD. ????

Buff. WIN

You haven't been close to being right all season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    EAD

GFY

DIE

Thank you

LHOP

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zona. WIN

Jax. WIN

Tenn. WIN

SanD. ????

Buff. WIN

Even Rex stopped making fearless predictions. Maybe you should too? One thing you share in common though is no accountability when the prediction goes terribly wrong.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Don't you mean for all his life?

He promised Sanchez would bring the jets 3 SB victories this decade! Can't make this shlt up!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zona. WIN

Jax. WIN

Tenn. WIN

SanD. ????

Buff. WIN

I truly hope I am wrong but..
    Zona: Loss Same team offensively only different color uniforms, better pass rush then Jets, plus forces turnovers.
    Tenn: Win
    SD: Toss Up
    Buffalo: Like playing the Dolphins: Loss

If the Jets play the way they did against the Pats Thursday they wont win again.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarjet View Post
    I truly hope I am wrong but..
    Zona: Loss Same team offensively only different color uniforms, better pass rush then Jets, plus forces turnovers.
    Tenn: Win
    SD: Toss Up
    Buffalo: Like playing the Dolphins: Loss

If the Jets play the way they did against the Pats Thursday they wont win again.
    You forgot Jacksonville.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    You forgot Jacksonville.
    Loss. This is the game that gets Rex fired.