Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Once the Jets get back to 7-7

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Would you like me to count up all the interceptions across the league this week and see how many of them are the quarterbacks fault? Guess what, statistically all of them are... even the ones Tom Brady throws.
    no, if the ball bounces out of the receivers hands or off his chest and gets deflected to the defense, it is not the qbs fault. That is why when you mentioned Sanchez stats during the game people jumped back at you. You cant take stats out of context.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    no, if the ball bounces out of the receivers hands or off his chest and gets deflected to the defense, it is not the qbs fault. That is why when you mentioned Sanchez stats during the game people jumped back at you. You cant take stats out of context.
    Yes the route got jumped and he threw a direct interception, what do you want me to say? If you watch any football this weekend you will see it happen a dozen more times. How does this relate to the fact that Sanchez had a statistically pretty good game against the Pats defense?

The point was made that because of the INT Sanchez is a bad quarterback, all I'm saying is that every single quarterback in the NFL has had this happen to them and it will happen again today if you watch any football this afternoon.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now you bring up an interesting subject... because once a team is up by three scores or more how much of that teams QB stats are "padded" by the fact that the QB is now able to take certain chances that he wouldn't otherwise take if the score was closer?

This is an interesting study, because much of Tom Brady's stats may indeed have been attained during "garbage time".
    Ughhhh. How do the pats typically get to garbage time with a lead?

The pats d and their run game has never been great. They get to garbage time with a lead because brady and his wrs/tes make lots of great plays BEFORE garbage time...

There is a tremendous difference between a qb who gets some garbage time stats after kicking ass and a qb who get garbage time stats after getting his ass kicked.

CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING.

Damn the public school system and its forever declining results.
    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 11-25-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    But it is my contention that a lot of Tom Brady's stats are "garbage time stats" because he accumulates them after his team is already up by 3-plus scores. Let me see him do it in a tight game, which he didn't do up at Gillette a few weeks ago if you recall.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Ughhhh. How do the pats typically get to garbage time with a lead?

The pats d and their run game has never been great. They get to garbage time with a lead because brady and his wrs/tes make lots of great plays BEFORE garbage time...

There is a tremendous difference between a qb who gets some garbage time stats after kicking ass and a qb who get garbage time stats after getting his ass kicked.

CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING.

Damn the public school system and its forever declining results.

Well yes but you're admitting that "garbage time" not only pads the stats of the losing quarterback but also pads the stats of the winning quarterback too...

Therefore how much of Tom Brady's stats are due to a "garbage time" passing context? I would say probably 60% of them... conservatively.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    But it is my contention that a lot of Tom Brady's stats are "garbage time stats" because he accumulates them after his team is already up by 3-plus scores. Let me see him do it in a tight game, which he didn't do up at Gillette a few weeks ago if you recall.
    How do they get up by 3+ scores? Not every team gives the other team 2 touchdowns within a span of sixty seconds.

The point is that Brady does not need garbage time stats for his supporters to say "brady had a good game and is a good qb". Whereas, Mark's supporters needs those garbage time stats to say "look mark is acceptable and had a good game".

Food for thought.

Yes, some of brady's stats come from garbage time, but his legacy isn't dependent upon getting those stats. Brady makes plays when they matter not just after the game is lost already when the other team's d softens up.
    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 11-25-2012 at 12:54 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have easier opponents from here on out and it's possible they could get back to 7-7 over the next three games. If they do, you will see everyone back on board the Jets bandwagon like none of this ever happened. This is all the Jets can do right now, just win and get the team back to .500 and forget everything that happened leading up to 4-7. If the Jets get back to 7-7 you'll see Fireman Ed out there doing his thing as well as everyone else. The Jets dug themselves this hole and now they have to climb out of it alone over the next three games, until then all these forums will be awash in negativity and people will be calling for everyones heads including Woody's.

Nothing solves gloom n' doom like winning, and that's all the Jets can do right now regardless of who their opponents are or it they're playoff caliber teams or not, JUST WIN!
    Says you. We'll be lucky if we win another game this season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    All of Brady's 3 TDs were in the first half. Sanchez got his only TD in the last two minutes of the game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No excuse me, but the Jets were only down 7-0 when the Greene fumble was recovered and Brady converted it into 7 points on the next play. So there's seven points off a turnover to make it 14-0. So it was only 7-0 in the 2nd quarter before all these crazy unforseeable turnovers happened, and then Brady capitalized off the gift he was given with the first one.

Then you have the "ass fumble" that was returned by the Pats for seven, again another freak occurance that the Pats didn't earn their points off of.

Then you have the freak McKnight fumble that was returned 22 yards for a TD, once again another seven points for the birthday boys which they never earned.

And so on, and so on, and so on... Shall I continue?
    First, if Greene didn't fumble, the Jets would have turned the ball over on downs. Greene wasn't over the first down marker on fourth down. The fumble actually benefitted the Jets because it pushed the Pats back about 8 yards. That was a good defensive stand by the Pats.

Second, the next play was an 83 yard TD pass. Let's not act like the Pats got the ball deep in Jets' territory.

Third, Brady had 323 yards and 4 TDs. He threw for two TD passes that went over 50 yards on the play. Let's not make it sound like it was all turnovers.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 11-25-2012 at 01:26 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    Talk about negativity...

Going to 7-7 is a worst case scenario
    since nothing would change in the
    off season...except maybe a few more
    huge contracts to JAG players like
    Austin Howard.

This is all part of the delusional approach
    the team has taken under Rex:

• First tell everyone they are great no
      matter what's true.
    • Then pay them as though the prior
      point was true.
    This.
    How many times will this team keep busting their asses on spilt milk before they decide to clean it up already???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    All of Brady's 3 TDs were in the first half. Sanchez got his only TD in the last two minutes of the game.
    So Sanchez played just like Tebow would've.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Go have a glass of kool aid with RahRah and sg3.

BTW, the Pats totally embarrassed the Jets on national TV.
    Actually, it looked more to me like the Jets embarrassed themselves on national TV. The Patriots were just there to enjoy it. Small difference, but the Jets were just that bad...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Jets could get to 7 and 7 and if they do it will be more proof of just how crappy a product the NFL is putting out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Big Ben can't get healthy the steelers could easily go 8-8 and the 6th seed could sneak in at 8-8 or 9-7.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some serious comedy in this thread. billygreen is like a more delusional version of RayRay

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Some serious comedy in this thread. billygreen is like a more delusional version of RayRay
    billygreen is owning all of you SOJF's in this thread

It's fun to watch

It's equally as funny when anybody else on the forum calls you out, you need to drag me into it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    billygreen is owning all of you SOJF's in this thread

It's fun to watch

It's equally as funny when anybody else on the forum calls you out, you need to drag me into it.
    "Owning us" by telling us a bad 4-7 team will win 5 straight games, that Sanchez played as well as Brady the other night, that the Pats played no role in the game being a blowout it was just the Jets doing things to themselves, etc etc etc

Sure thing pal

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    "Owning us" by telling us a bad 4-7 team will win 5 straight games, that Sanchez played as well as Brady the other night, that the Pats played no role in the game being a blowout it was just the Jets doing things to themselves, etc etc etc

Sure thing pal
    Owning you by offering you perspective you are both incapable nor have any capacity of accepting or grasping.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Owning you by offering you perspective you are both incapable nor have any capacity of accepting or grasping.
    He also made a thread tonight comparing the Jets woes to the Packers struggles and Sanchez to Rodgers. Is that the wonderful "perspective" you're talking about? So glad he could open my eyes.... you may be a blind homer, but at least you seem to have some understanding of the sport. This guy is so far off the deep end I wonder if he is a fan of another team and just trolling our fanbase.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Perspective"?

LOL

Holy sh*t

That's priceless coming from you.

Yes, Ray.

The Jets will run the table, Sanchez will look like Montana in the process, Rex will make Belichick look like clown shoes in comparison, unicorns really do exist and my sh*t smells like rainbow sherbert.

Bright times ahead.

Bright times.