Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 121

Thread: Once the Jets get back to 7-7

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Once the Jets get back to 7-7

    The Jets have easier opponents from here on out and it's possible they could get back to 7-7 over the next three games. If they do, you will see everyone back on board the Jets bandwagon like none of this ever happened. This is all the Jets can do right now, just win and get the team back to .500 and forget everything that happened leading up to 4-7. If the Jets get back to 7-7 you'll see Fireman Ed out there doing his thing as well as everyone else. The Jets dug themselves this hole and now they have to climb out of it alone over the next three games, until then all these forums will be awash in negativity and people will be calling for everyones heads including Woody's.

    Nothing solves gloom n' doom like winning, and that's all the Jets can do right now regardless of who their opponents are or it they're playoff caliber teams or not, JUST WIN!

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that's exactly what some people fear. Status quo.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,389
    Post Thanks / Like
    You've seen next years schedule already?

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stony Brook
    Posts
    2,098
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talk about negativity...

    Going to 7-7 is a worst case scenario
    since nothing would change in the
    off season...except maybe a few more
    huge contracts to JAG players like
    Austin Howard.

    This is all part of the delusional approach
    the team has taken under Rex:

    • First tell everyone they are great no
      matter what's true.
    • Then pay them as though the prior
      point was true.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,520
    Post Thanks / Like
    People who think the Jets will be fine if they magically (I don't believe this will happen) win 5 straight and sneak into the playoffs have no idea what kind of cap hell the Jets are in next season.

    The WORST thing the Jets can do is put that off for future seasons.

    Again

    9 starters gone, $25M-$30M under cap and 35 total players on the roster. 2012 was a make or break year, it broke, and the Jets will have to blow it up next season whether they win down the stretch or not.

    Even they went on a Giants like run and magically won the Super Bowl, the Jets would have to blow it up

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    The truth is, whether you lose by 3 points or 40 points it's still just ONE LOSS. Same holds true for winning, even though the Patriots won by like 35 points over the Jets it still goes down as just one win. You don't get 2 wins because you really really beat your opponent and you don't get 2 losses because you got your ass kicked. Nobody across the league or any of the sports oddsmakers thought the Jets were going to win last thursday, so the fact that they lost shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, they were scheduled to lose anyway.

    We said before the game that the Jets had to go 6-1 over their next seven games to have a shot at the postseason, and none of that has changed. They lost to New England like everyone thought they would and now they need to win their last five like we all knew they had to. They have a schedule that gives them a shot at doing this and they need to take advantage of it, because if they don't Woody Johnson may do exactly what he did to Eric Mangini after a disappointing season and fire the headcoach and start over.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    If u thought mark looked bad on thursday, wait to you see him against a def like arizona. He will throw multiple picks, fumbles etc. We might even get another buttgate incident.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,988
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is exactly what Rex is counting on. Rex would never have made the statement in his post game presser that no one will be calling for his job once the season is over if he wasn't aware of what a cake walk the rest of the season is. He pretty much knows even his crapy team can win at least 4 out of the next 5 against the absolute **** they have to face the rest of the season. You do realize if it does happen which it probably will Sporano, Tannenbaum Rex and of course Sanchez will all be back next year smiling about what a great run they had down the stretch and there doesn't need to be any changes.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    The truth is, whether you lose by 3 points or 40 points it's still just ONE LOSS. Same holds true for winning, even though the Patriots won by like 35 points over the Jets it still goes down as just one win. You don't get 2 wins because you really really beat your opponent and you don't get 2 losses because you got your ass kicked. Nobody across the league or any of the sports oddsmakers thought the Jets were going to win last thursday, so the fact that they lost shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, they were scheduled to lose anyway.

    We said before the game that the Jets had to go 6-1 over their next seven games to have a shot at the postseason, and none of that has changed. They lost to New England like everyone thought they would and now they need to win their last five like we all knew they had to. They have a schedule that gives them a shot at doing this and they need to take advantage of it, because if they don't Woody Johnson may do exactly what he did to Eric Mangini after a disappointing season and fire the headcoach and start over.

    Kind of a running theme, huh? They were supposed to lose to the Texans, so it's no big deal (and playing close was a good thing). They were supposed to lose to the Pats, Steelers and 49ers, so those are no big deal. If you add it all up, you're really saying that the Jets are supposed to go roughly 7-9 or 8-8, which is where they will likely end up. So they'll have met expectations, and that's a successful season by all of that logic. Way to set the bar high.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will certainly root for them to win, and at least they don't have anymore Pats, 9'ers, Texans, etc on their schedule. I think it is very extremely unlikely that they'll win out; they've given us no evidence that they're capable of getting on a sustained hot streak this season. But that's why they play the games, any given Sunday, etc, etc. So who knows.

    Also, it's hard for me to root for them to lose. I understand that they'll get a better draft pick with a worse record, but do you really want your team to be 4-12 instead of 8-8 or 7-9? You want a sustained, winning, respected franchise. Think Pats or Steelers. They always win and always manage to do just fine with their drafts to replenish talent.

    Now of course I'm not saying I think the Jets will be the Pats or Steelers overnight, but I guess I'm just stating what I think is the obvious - that's the winning culture you want to strive to build over time. So cheering for one's team to lose games for a better draft pick or to nudge the owner to blow things up seems counter intuitive to me.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,988
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If u thought mark looked bad on thursday, wait to you see him against a def like arizona. He will throw multiple picks, fumbles etc. We might even get another buttgate incident.
    They're starting a 6th round rookie at QB. If Sanchez get outplayed by that guy god help Rex when he stands on the podium and tells everyone Sanchez gives them the best chance to win.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    If u thought mark looked bad on thursday, wait to you see him against a def like arizona. He will throw multiple picks, fumbles etc. We might even get another buttgate incident.
    Arizona is a top team against the pass like we are, and not so great against the run like we are. They are also not so good at passing like we are, but they are far worst at running than the Jets.


    The Jets need to establish the run in this game, if they can do that they can certainly win. The Jets stack up very well against the Cards actually.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Kind of a running theme, huh? They were supposed to lose to the Texans, so it's no big deal (and playing close was a good thing). They were supposed to lose to the Pats, Steelers and 49ers, so those are no big deal. If you add it all up, you're really saying that the Jets are supposed to go roughly 7-9 or 8-8, which is where they will likely end up. So they'll have met expectations, and that's a successful season by all of that logic. Way to set the bar high.
    I'm not setting the bar anywhere, I'm being a realist. You lost your best WR and your #1 Probowl Hall of Fame cornerback to start the season, once that happened expectations had to be lowered somewhat. If you're going to beat teams like the Steelers and Patriots you need all the big guns you can get, and the Jets lost two of theirs right off the bat to start the season.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    buttgate incident.
    Thank you! hilarious.

    Again, how we are going to beat SD and Ten is beyond me. Right now AZ and a Henne-led Jags team scare me.

    The AZ game could end up a scoreless tie but there is NO way AZ doesnt score on defense and special teams.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,378
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

    Can't save all of 'em.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    The Jets have easier opponents from here on out and it's possible they could get back to 7-7 over the next three games. If they do, you will see everyone back on board the Jets bandwagon like none of this ever happened. This is all the Jets can do right now, just win and get the team back to .500 and forget everything that happened leading up to 4-7. If the Jets get back to 7-7 you'll see Fireman Ed out there doing his thing as well as everyone else. The Jets dug themselves this hole and now they have to climb out of it alone over the next three games, until then all these forums will be awash in negativity and people will be calling for everyones heads including Woody's.

    Nothing solves gloom n' doom like winning, and that's all the Jets can do right now regardless of who their opponents are or it they're playoff caliber teams or not, JUST WIN!
    Beating Buffalo, Jacksonville and Tenn is not going to make fans think that the jets are contenders. It is not just wins, but wins against who, If the jets 4 wins were against the Pats, steelers, Ravens and Seahawks, jet fans would not be so upset as it would show a talented team that can compete but has a lac of focus. Add one new HC and the fans will have reason to believe that next year they will be in the playoffs. If they win like you envision next year schedule, Besides clevleand and buffalo what games do you think the jets
    would be favored?


    Cleveland
    Pittsburgh
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay

    Baltimore
    Cincinnati
    Atlanta
    Carolina

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,378
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    I'm being a realist.
    LOL. Hilarious seeing you say this in this thread.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,378
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Beating Buffalo, Jacksonville and Tenn is not going to make fans think that the jets are contenders. It is not just wins, but wins against who, If the jets 4 wins were against the Pats, steelers, Ravens and Seahawks, jet fans would not be so upset as it would show a talented team that can compete but has a lac of focus. Add one new HC and the fans will have reason to believe that next year they will be in the playoffs. If they win like you envision next year schedule, Besides clevleand and buffalo what games do you think the jets
    would be favored?


    Cleveland
    Pittsburgh
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay

    Baltimore
    Cincinnati
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    Yeah, next year's going to be a freaking thrill. Cleveland has lost 5 games this season by 7 or less. They're only going to be better in 2013, or at the least they'll keep that game close. The only non-divisional game I see as a chalked up win is Carolina. That team's in shambles and Cam Newton has been highly over-rated.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Beating Buffalo, Jacksonville and Tenn is not going to make fans think that the jets are contenders. It is not just wins, but wins against who, If the jets 4 wins were against the Pats, steelers, Ravens and Seahawks, jet fans would not be so upset as it would show a talented team that can compete but has a lac of focus. Add one new HC and the fans will have reason to believe that next year they will be in the playoffs. If they win like you envision next year schedule, Besides clevleand and buffalo what games do you think the jets
    would be favored?


    Cleveland
    Pittsburgh
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay

    Baltimore
    Cincinnati
    Atlanta
    Carolina

    First of all, aside from a handful of teams in the NFL nobody knows what one team is going to be or not be from one season to the next. There is no use projecting into next season because some of the teams you think will be great will suck and some of the teams that are supposed to suck will be playing great football. Next season is for next season, the Jets (and every other team in the NFL) can only concentrate on the "here and now" of this season and that means THIS WEEK ONLY. Teams will deal with next season next season, all the Jets can do right now is try to salvage the season they already have and to do that they need to win against the Cards and every other team they face the rest of the way.

    Nobody thought much of the Giants during the seasons when they made their last two Superbowl runs either. I'm not comparing the Jets to the Giants in this regard, but it does prove that nobody has any idea what a team that hasn't been mathematically eliminated from contention will do.
    You play the game in front of you, not the game in front of that or the season in front of that. The Jets could still make the playoffs, and if they do neither you nor I have any idea what would happen if they got there.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    This is exactly what Rex is counting on. Rex would never have made the statement in his post game presser that no one will be calling for his job once the season is over if he wasn't aware of what a cake walk the rest of the season is. He pretty much knows even his crapy team can win at least 4 out of the next 5 against the absolute **** they have to face the rest of the season. You do realize if it does happen which it probably will Sporano, Tannenbaum Rex and of course Sanchez will all be back next year smiling about what a great run they had down the stretch and there doesn't need to be any changes.
    This is pretty funny.

    Other than the Jags game, the Jets will be underdogs in every single game.

    4-7 teams do not win 4 out of 5 games.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us