Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 121

Thread: Once the Jets get back to 7-7

  1. #61
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Nobody thought much of the giants going into last year? What planet were you on? They were favored to win the Division.
    Actually better question would be what planet were you on? The Eagles were HEAVY favorites last year..and were slight favorites again this year before the season started. You don't have to take my word on it, just look at the Vegas lines.
    If you're goal is to make fun of someone you should at least be correct.

  2. #62
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    You do realize the Pats were up 14-0 before any of the INTs that you can argue were "flukey". Spin the Gregory INT any way you want, but it was a great defensive play. That was an example of the Pats outplaying the Jets, not some kind of a fluke.

    As the passing game in a blowout, most of those passing numbers are irrelevant. Brady got his three TDs when the game was in hand in the first half.
    No excuse me, but the Jets were only down 7-0 when the Greene fumble was recovered and Brady converted it into 7 points on the next play. So there's seven points off a turnover to make it 14-0. So it was only 7-0 in the 2nd quarter before all these crazy unforseeable turnovers happened, and then Brady capitalized off the gift he was given with the first one.

    Then you have the "ass fumble" that was returned by the Pats for seven, again another freak occurance that the Pats didn't earn their points off of.

    Then you have the freak McKnight fumble that was returned 22 yards for a TD, once again another seven points for the birthday boys which they never earned.

    And so on, and so on, and so on... Shall I continue?

  3. #63
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    Actually better question would be what planet were you on? The Eagles were HEAVY favorites last year..and were slight favorites again this year before the season started. You don't have to take my word on it, just look at the Vegas lines.
    If you're goal is to make fun of someone you should at least be correct.

    What? Please re-post without the "making fun of somebody" part because I never did that.

  4. #64
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    No excuse me, but the Jets were only down 7-0 when the Greene fumble was recovered and Brady converted it into 7 points on the next play. So there's seven points off a turnover to make it 14-0. So it was only 7-0 in the 2nd quarter before all these crazy unforseeable turnovers happened, and then Brady capitalized off the gift he was given with the first one.

    Then you have the "ass fumble" that was returned by the Pats for seven, again another freak occurance that the Pats didn't earn their points off of.

    Then you have the freak McKnight fumble that was returned 22 yards for a TD, once again another seven points for the birthday boys which they never earned.

    And so on, and so on, and so on... Shall I continue?
    Why do you insist on calling Sanchez interception and fumble as "freak" or "crazy" or "unforseable" occurrences?

    They were MISTAKES made by a horrible football player.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Since when are fumbles (by Sanches) and interceptions (by Sanchez) "random"?

    Those things just "happen" out of the blue?

    I am convinced Philly Statz is back.

    It's absolutely DWC. Who else would start a thread proclaiming the Jets great #5 passing defense while ignoring the fact that their D is really a near worst in the league 29th in scoring. And then to follow up with cherry picking stats to make the ridicuous claim that Snatchez outplayed Brady in that thrashing.

  6. #66
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    No sir, the Jets embarrassed THEMSELVES on national tv... You didn't outplay anybody and the stats prove it. Your quarterback threw for only 20 more yards and 11 percent less completion rate than the quarteback you say "sucks"... Can you explain that for me please? If my quarterback sucks yet completed more of his passes than yours what does that say about your quarterback in this game?


    Enough said, just accept that fact that you got handed a monumental gift in this game off crazy unforseeable turnovers and move on okay?
    I'd rather have the qb who completes less passes for more yards. Oh, and mark threw for a few of those yards during garbage time.

  7. #67
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    What? Please re-post without the "making fun of somebody" part because I never did that.
    This was directed at Patman who was putting someone down (maybe you?) with "what planet were you on the Giants were favored" they weren't. It's either a lie or a mistake, but either way if hes going to insult someone, he should be accurate.

  8. #68
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Why do you insist on calling Sanchez interception and fumble as "freak" or "crazy" or "unforseable" occurrences?

    They were MISTAKES made by a horrible football player.
    No excuse me (again), but you think Mark Sanchez is the only quarterback in NFL history to run into his own lineman and fumble a football? Uh... Eli Manning has done this, Drew Brees has done this, nearly every runningback who ever played football in the NFL has done this, and when it's happens it is unplanned and occurs as the result of A COLLISION...

    Fumbling a ball as the result of a collision isn't same as just dropping the ball for no reason. Sanchez ran into his own lineman and had the ball knocked loose. Ask any runningback and they will tell you the same thing has happened to them.


    Again, this is a random occurance that cannot be attributed to "bad play" but rather to "freak circumstance".

  9. #69
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    I'd rather have the qb who completes less passes for more yards. Oh, and mark threw for a few of those yards during garbage time.
    Yes well Brady threw for a lot of his yards during "garbage time" too didn't he? I mean when you're up 35 points why not just hurl the ball downfield and see what happens? What have you got to lose?

    The truth is, both quarterbacks see their numbers go up in "garbage time" not just the losing teams quarterback.

  10. #70
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    No excuse me (again), but you think Mark Sanchez is the only quarterback in NFL history to run into his own lineman and fumble a football? Uh... Eli Manning has done this, Drew Brees has done this, nearly every runningback who ever played football in the NFL has done this, and when it's happens it is unplanned and occurs as the result of A COLLISION...

    Fumbling a ball as the result of a collision isn't same as just dropping the ball for no reason. Sanchez ran into his own lineman and had the ball knocked loose. Ask any runningback and they will tell you the same thing has happened to them.


    Again, this is a random occurance that cannot be attributed to "bad play" but rather to "freak circumstance".
    I don't really recall other qb's doing this. However, he didn't "run into Moore" Moore was thrown at him. Wilfork deserves more credit than he's gotten for that play. The focus has been on the embarrassment of Sanchez (rightly so for the most part) rather than giving credit to the beast who made the play happen.

  11. #71
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    No excuse me (again), but you think Mark Sanchez is the only quarterback in NFL history to run into his own lineman and fumble a football? Uh... Eli Manning has done this, Drew Brees has done this, nearly every runningback who ever played football in the NFL has done this, and when it's happens it is unplanned and occurs as the result of A COLLISION...

    Fumbling a ball as the result of a collision isn't same as just dropping the ball for no reason. Sanchez ran into his own lineman and had the ball knocked loose. Ask any runningback and they will tell you the same thing has happened to them.


    Again, this is a random occurance that cannot be attributed to "bad play" but rather to "freak circumstance".
    And the interception? Lets hear how that wasn't his fault.... 3...2...1...

  12. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    I don't really recall other qb's doing this. However, he didn't "run into Moore" Moore was thrown at him. Wilfork deserves more credit than he's gotten for that play. The focus has been on the embarrassment of Sanchez (rightly so for the most part) rather than giving credit to the beast who made the play happen.

    Whatever the reason was, there was a collision, and as a result of the collision the ball was fumbled. Most fumbles in football occur this way. Very rarely does anyone fumble a football without some excessive force being applied. The point was made that Sanchez is a bad quarterback because he fumbled the ball there, which isn't true. Plenty of RB's fumble the ball every week in the NFL just the same way.

  13. #73
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Heading into the playoffs during their two Superbowl runs nobody would have said the New York Giants were one of the better teams heading into the playoffs. They just managed to get in with a 9-7 record and had to play all their games on the road. They looked very "one n' done" to just about anyone who followed them during the season.


    Again, once the playoffs start all bets are off... Just get there, and once you're there you're a playoff team with a shot at a ring just like everyone else.
    Anything is possible just not very probable. My preference is to have a strongly built team and not have to win the nfl lotto to win a sb. Luck is always involved but the jets only chance is blatant luck.

    The Giants are clearly regular season underachievers but they have a strong roster that is capable of making a run come playoff time.

    Manning has proven he can carry a team and make plays.

    Sanchez has not. He has shown that when complemented by a top 5 d and top 5 run game he is good enough to get by with as long as everything goes perfect and he isn't asked to do much.

    The Giants D has proven they can get after any qb consistently.

    The Jets D only does that in small spurts and has proven a strong front 4 is infinitely more valuable then a strong back 4 or rather star corners.

    The jets current roster is dysfunctional and major changes need to be made. Blind faith will not fix the jets problems. Neither will cherry picking stats and taking them out of context.
    Last edited by AmericanMadman; 11-25-2012 at 12:34 PM.

  14. #74
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Yes well Brady threw for a lot of his yards during "garbage time" too didn't he? I mean when you're up 35 points why not just hurl the ball downfield and see what happens? What have you got to lose?

    The truth is, both quarterbacks see their numbers go up in "garbage time" not just the losing teams quarterback.
    Yeah because brady has never set any nfl qb records. Clearly he gets his stats in garbage time. Context is everything... Using marks yardage is not much an argument. That was the point.

  15. #75
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    And the interception? Lets hear how that wasn't his fault.... 3...2...1...
    Would you like me to count up all the interceptions across the league this week and see how many of them are the quarterbacks fault? Guess what, statistically all of them are... even the ones Tom Brady throws.

  16. #76
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    I don't really recall other qb's doing this. However, he didn't "run into Moore" Moore was thrown at him. Wilfork deserves more credit than he's gotten for that play. The focus has been on the embarrassment of Sanchez (rightly so for the most part) rather than giving credit to the beast who made the play happen.
    Looked to me like he ran into Moore. Moore didn't fall and Wilfork's arms didn't extend until after mark took out Moore's legs. I didn't see Moore get shoved back a few feet and then collide with Mark. I saw him fall on a guy after his legs were taken out.

  17. #77
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Would you like me to count up all the interceptions across the league this week and see how many of them are the quarterbacks fault? Guess what, statistically all of them are... even the ones Tom Brady throws.
    How man did Brady throw Thursday, the day you said he didn't outplay Sanchez?

  18. #78
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    This was directed at Patman who was putting someone down (maybe you?) with "what planet were you on the Giants were favored" they weren't. It's either a lie or a mistake, but either way if hes going to insult someone, he should be accurate.
    No they were not, the eagles wire at 16:1 and the giants were at 20 to one to make the SB , yes I was wrong, but Billy also inferred that "no one" gave them a chance. The SB odds were pretty close. And it was not a lie with an intent to decieve, i should have checked.

  19. #79
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Yeah because brady has never set any nfl qb records. Clearly he gets his stats in garbage time. Context is everything... Using marks yardage is not much an argument. That was the point.
    Now you bring up an interesting subject... because once a team is up by three scores or more how much of that teams QB stats are "padded" by the fact that the QB is now able to take certain chances that he wouldn't otherwise take if the score was closer?


    This is an interesting study, because much of Tom Brady's stats may indeed have been attained during "garbage time".

  20. #80
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Now you bring up an interesting subject... because once a team is up by three scores or more how much of that teams QB stats are "padded" by the fact that the QB is now able to take certain chances that he wouldn't otherwise take if the score was closer?


    This is an interesting study, because much of Tom Brady's stats may indeed have been attained during "garbage time".
    LOLz, Philly Statz is back!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us