Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lupica says its not rexs fault.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, this is a start over situation.

Woody needs to dump the GM and coaching staff and bring in true a football executive to run the operation and select a new HC.

If it doesn't happen this year then it just delays the inevitable. There is a terrible dearth of talent on this team...both in player and coaches.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    Unfortunately, this is a start over situation.

Woody needs to dump the GM and coaching staff and bring in true a football executive to run the operation and select a new HC.

If it doesn't happen this year then it just delays the inevitable. There is a terrible dearth of talent on this team...both in player and coaches.
    Agreed. Bring a GM in here that knows what he's doing and how to assess talent. The problem is there's too many chefs in the kitchen right now. Ever since Tanny has been GM we've heard these stories on how the HC wants one player but the scouts liked different players. Tanny acts like a middle man in the draft war room...and from history he will side with the HC. We've taken 3 defense players in the 1st round the last 3 years. Last year, we took Coples (who Rex told on his pro day he would draft him if he's there at the Jets pick). Enough is enough. Like I said, it's a package deal with Tanny and Rex. You can't let one go but not the other.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When a team gets embarrassingly blown out at home, multiple times in a single season its time for the coach to go...And the idiot GM also

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Great. Scott is running like he's mired in quicksand. Wilson is getting routinely dusted in pass coverage. Lankster leaves Welker alone in the end zone for a joke score. But let's cut a guy for missing a meeting.
    Better yet let's cut a nobody. That will get the big money guys in line.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Better yet let's cut a nobody. That will get the big money guys in line.
    A real GM wouldnt let Woody bring in Farve and Tebow among other headline grabbing moves which in my opinion were to sell PSL's. The fans were duped by this guy. Reneging of PSL's is a big issue. Woody has to do something to stem the tide.

A new GM could consider bringing in a new coach and making Rex the DC. He's goofy enough to go along and thats where he belongs anyway.
    Last edited by DUNCCFP; 11-25-2012 at 02:53 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    A real GM wouldnt let Woody bring in Farve and Tebow among other headline grabbing moves which in my opinion were to sell PSL's. The fans were duped by this guy. Reneging of PSL's is a big issue. Woody has to do something to stem the tide.

A new GM could consider bringing in a new coach and making Rex the DC. He's goofy enough to go along and thats where he belongs anyway.
    Only to a SOJF:

1) HOF Super Bowl Champion QB Favre < Severely, Repeatedly Injured snob of a Noodle Arm who won bupkus

at 8-3 there was not a peep from that eponymous self-hating crew

One of the most exciting years up till Game 12 - too bad SOJFs only caught the bitter end

2) Owners especially Woody are not allowed to promote/improve their team as they see fit - but the Yankees fans among them rejoice even when a past his prime vet like Ichiro is wheeled in on a gurney

Reneging on PSLs, sans a real financial hardship, that no one twisted anyone's arm to get (yes I know all about those pesky aholes, they called me repeatedly too) IMO should result in a credit rating hit, but in this spiffy new economic era it probably won't - I'm sure the SOJFs (who'd fall for a timeshare pitch twice as hard, twice as fast) have FEMA on speed dial to extricate them from this obligation