Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lupica says its not rexs fault.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) Rex is coaching very badly with the players he has.
    2) Rex is a big part of the reason the roster is shaped as it is.

Article = fail for the most part.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ROFLMAO

Guess Lupica is looking for an angle or is related to Ryan.

Yeah, its not Ryan's fault, its the guy who hired him

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Typically the train of thought is to go the opposite of whatever Mike Lupica says.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to try to be delicate here, as to not derail this thread into a political one;

Lupica has chosen to become a highly partisan apologist for a certain political leaning. Whatever he says about sports will carry the same heavy handed, hand-wringing bias, so I dont even bother reading his blather.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The media all love Rex...He makes their job easy. Rex is a quote machine. His stupid comments practically write the articles for the beat writers. So in other words, the media are the last people that want to see Rex gone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say that the Jets don't have the talent to win the Super Bowl. I'm not sure the Pats do on defense either.

There does seem to be a lot of dysfunction on the Jets though and that is Rex's responsibility. Also, I do think the Jets picked the wrong offensive coordinator.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say hire a new GM and let him decide whether to keep Rex. I am on the fence regarding whether Rex should come back.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get it. Have we ever seen one single player be disciplined or cut due to poor performance and lack of effort, such that we have seen many times over this season?

Has the HC ever taken the starting QB and sat his sorry a$$ down after one of his many RZ int's, or sack fumbles, or that ridiculous sticking his head up his O-Lineman's ass resulting in a TD for the opponent?

I do not understand what kind of manager Rex Ryan is. You cannot have everyone love you on a 53 man roster. You must instill some form of fear or accountability for jobs somehow or else this is what you have. Shonn Greene fumbling in the RZ. Sanchez and his dicketry in the RZ. Bart Scott jogging after a RB going in for a score and the ultimate in ridiculessness as previously mentioned with Sanchez which by the way was without a doubt the funniest thing I have ever seen, and, moreover, the whole Country watched that play and laughed too LOL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big deal. That's like saying that it's not Lupica's fault that the Daily News is a piece of crap newspaper.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I don't get it. Have we ever seen one single player be disciplined or cut due to poor performance and lack of effort, such that we have seen many times over this season?

Has the HC ever taken the starting QB and sat his sorry a$$ down after one of his many RZ int's, or sack fumbles, or that ridiculous sticking his head up his O-Lineman's ass resulting in a TD for the opponent?

I do not understand what kind of manager Rex Ryan is. You cannot have everyone love you on a 53 man roster. You must instill some form of fear or accountability for jobs somehow or else this is what you have. Shonn Greene fumbling in the RZ. Sanchez and his dicketry in the RZ. Bart Scott jogging after a RB going in for a score and the ultimate in ridiculessness as previously mentioned with Sanchez which by the way was without a doubt the funniest thing I have ever seen, and, moreover, the whole Country watched that play and laughed too LOL.

This might be one...They released Emmanuel Cook last yr too for some discipline reason. But point made

Reason #Jets cut LB Marcus Dowtin: He either missed or was booted from special tms meeting last wk: source. http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/17974/jets-waive-rookie-lb-dowtin

UPDATE: The decision to waive Dowtin stems from a special-teams meeting last week. He either missed a meeting or was kicked out of a meeting, and that was the reason he didn't travel to St. Louis, according to a source.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The media all love Rex...He makes their job easy. Rex is a quote machine. His stupid comments practically write the articles for the beat writers. So in other words, the media are the last people that want to see Rex gone.
    Great post, spot on

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE: The decision to waive Dowtin stems from a special-teams meeting last week. He either missed a meeting or was kicked out of a meeting, and that was the reason he didn't travel to St. Louis, according to a source.
    Great. Scott is running like he's mired in quicksand. Wilson is getting routinely dusted in pass coverage. Lankster leaves Welker alone in the end zone for a joke score. But let's cut a guy for missing a meeting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree, but their coverage has made keeping him a lot harder. I agree with whoever above said hire a new GM (Tannenbaum is a LARGE part of the problem) and let him decide Rex's fate. You can't hire a GM and not give him full control.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Great. Scott is running like he's mired in quicksand. Wilson is getting routinely dusted in pass coverage. Lankster leaves Welker alone in the end zone for a joke score. But let's cut a guy for missing a meeting.
    Agreed, all players who leave much to be desired. But a "fringe" player, fighting for his NFL life, to miss a meeting and/or be a disruptive force to a team? Hate to say it, but this is one time I think the Jets did the right thing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Agreed, all players who leave much to be desired. But a "fringe" player, fighting for his NFL life, to miss a meeting and/or be a disruptive force to a team? Hate to say it, but this is one time I think the Jets did the right thing.
    You're right. I have no problem with cutting the guy. I should have been clearer: I would want Rex to make a statement and cut someone of greater importance who has been a long-standing dud, like Wilson or Scott.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure Scott was benched after the Vereen TD.

It's great to say to bench guys, but when all the other options suck or are guys you signed off the street the week before, you don't really have many choices. You can't bench Wilson and Lankster and play the game with one CB

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're right. I have no problem with cutting the guy. I should have been clearer: I would want Rex to make a statement and cut someone of greater importance who has been a long-standing dud, like Wilson or Scott.
    Agreed. Scott should go. Not ready to give up on Wilson yet, but clock definitely ticking on that one, too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Agreed. Scott should go. Not ready to give up on Wilson yet, but clock definitely ticking on that one, too.
    This one is a shocker. I think most of us had high hopes for Wilson as a future corner and kick returner. Right now, not only does he look completely lost, but it's almost like Wilson has never played the position before. Very weird turn of events.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This one is a shocker. I think most of us had high hopes for Wilson as a future corner and kick returner. Right now, not only does he look completely lost, but it's almost like Wilson has never played the position before. Very weird turn of events.
    It is puzzling, but again wonder if our coaching is good enough to bring out the best in our players? Like him running back punts, was graet at it in college. Would also not mind seeing him run back kickoffs. too.