Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: we are stuck with sanchez.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

we are stuck with sanchez.

jason lacanfora of cbs pregame reported that the jets will be $20 million over the cap next year. sanchez is guaranteed $8.25 next year, no offset language, that means he can double dip if the jets traded him away or cut and signed.if released, the jets have 30 days to pay him the money, not spread out over multiple years.

tanny you really suck!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is exactly why he gets demoted or let go altogether. Tanny has had more than enough time with this franchise to create a championship team.

He failed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is not digging to see the REAL story. We will save over $25M but cutting J. Smith, Pace, and Bart Scott.

As far as being stuck with Sanchez, we are only on the hook to give him a ton of money. We can cut him, it would cost us an additional $4M cap hit and would have a ton of dead money. Even if we keep him, keep him on the roster as our personal punt protecter or what ever as long as he isn't taken snaps at QB.

Also, another area where JLC misinformed, after 2013 we are in great shape. We cut Sanchez, Holmes, Cromartie, and Pouha and we will have close to $60M to work with for free agency.

That is the only reason I think Woody is better off letting this team go through a 3 or 4 win season next year and start all over after 2013.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason's NYJetsCap page (linked so everyone can see it, if necessary). Smith is scheduled to make $12M next year, if the Jets cut him, it will be $0.

The way I see it, the Jets have the following situation, not $20M over, but :

CURRENT CAP COST OF PLAYERS 2013: $142M
    2013 CAP INCLUDING Jets carryover $ ~$130M (Rough Estimate)

Assumed Cuts:

Smith, Jason (Savings: $12M) - (Dead Cap Cost: 0)
    Pace, Calvin (Savings: $8.56M) - (Dead Cap Cost: $3M)
    Scott, Bart (Savings: $7.15M) - (Dead Cap Cost: $1.5M)
    Pouha, Sione (Savings: $3.8M) - (Dead Cap Cost: $2.3M)
    Smith, Eric (Savings: $3M) - (Dead Cap Cost: 0)
    Tebow, Tim (Savings: $1.5M) - (Dead Cap Cost: $1.05M)

2013 Cost with Cuts:

$105M

Total Players on roster 35. The Jets needs to spend $25 Million (roughly) for 18 players, this includes 9 starters (who may be resigned), a lot of them would be replaced by young guys on the team (Slauson, Thomas, DeVito)

Shonn Greene
    Dustin Keller
    Brandon Moore
    Laron Landry
    Mike DeVito
    Yeremiah Bell
    Matt Slauson
    Nick Folk
    Chaz Schilens
    Austin Howard
    Bryan Thomas

This is the bottom line. The Jets banked on having a serious increase of salary cap money in 2012/2013 and beyond. When that didn't happen, they were put in salary cap hell. That reason alone is why the GM needs to go. The Jets were woefully unprepared for a scenario where the salary cap did not go up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Also, another area where JLC misinformed, after 2013 we are in great shape. We cut Sanchez, Holmes, Cromartie, and Pouha and we will have close to $60M to work with for free agency.
    no way cro has earned the right to remain on this team.tanny on the other hand no.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post

That is the only reason I think Woody is better off letting this team go through a 3 or 4 win season next year and start all over after 2013.
    I'd be a bit hesitant to Let Cromartie go....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    no way cro has earned the right to remain on this team.tanny on the other hand no.
    There is better trade value in revis, so i believe he gets traded. In that event it would be safe to assume that cromartie stays at least another year....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I'd be a bit hesitant to Let Cromartie go....
    dont understand the hate for this guy here. hes doing all we ask of him and more.

revis and cro along with bell and landry in the secondary makes us nasty.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    There is better trade value in revis, so i believe he gets traded. In that event it would be safe to assume that cromartie stays at least another year....
    disagree.revis restructures and he stays. watch and see. we need a new gm to force these guys to restructure and work out the terms and not tanny terms.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    dont understand the hate for this guy here. hes doing all we ask of him and more.

revis and cro along with bell and landry in the secondary makes us nasty.
    This is true, and i believe the season opener was evidence of that.
    i just believe that a player like revis does not want to stick around for another 3/5 yrs with the knowledge that the team will be in rebuild mode yet again.

I have the feeling he will want to play for a contender for however many seasons he has left....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is true, and i believe the season opener was evidence of that.
    i just believe that a player like revis does not want to stick around for another 3/5 yrs with the knowledge that the team will be in rebuild mode yet again.

I have the feeling he will want to play for a contender for however many seasons he has left....
    I think Revis would rather enjoy the IMMENSE AMOUNT OF CASH he has coming his way *and* playing in a major market(even if it is the Jets....lol )

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Revis would rather enjoy the IMMENSE AMOUNT OF CASH he has coming his way *and* playing in a major market(even if it is the Jets....lol )
    We will find out eventually. Given his track record i expect another holdout

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    believe it or not i think revis will remain loyal to the jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    believe it or not i think revis will remain loyal to the jets.
    Loyalty and free agency go together like oil and water...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, but his cap number for 2014 is over $9M. I'm sure with all the cap space we lock him up long term.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything we get in return for Revis will never ne worth it. Even multiple 1st rounders, we would end up with a few starters that unless they turned into Pro Bowlers, we would get fleeced. The only way I could see Revis getting traded is to net us a franchise QB. so a move up to the #1 over all pick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest that Soprano is a big part of Sanchez's problem. However, Pennington didn't have a problem with the Miami system when he went to the Dolphins. I would recommend the Jets go seek out Charlie Weis at Kansas State and bring him in as offense coord. I still remember a quote from Vinny Testaverde that Weis taught him to read film and coverages. Under Weis's mentorship Vinny just about pulled off a Superbowl and would have made another run at it if not for the season ending injury the following year. Weis is a bad head coach but a brilliant offensive coord. Then go to Dallas and bring in Rob Ryan as defensive coord. Lastly, go get the best talent evaluator available and let him have the keys to the kingdom re: free agency, the draft, waivers and trades.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CGJET View Post
    I would suggest that Soprano is a big part of Sanchez's problem. However, Pennington didn't have a problem with the Miami system when he went to the Dolphins. I would recommend the Jets go seek out Charlie Weis at Kansas State and bring him in as offense coord. I still remember a quote from Vinny Testaverde that Weis taught him to read film and coverages. Under Weis's mentorship Vinny just about pulled off a Superbowl and would have made another run at it if not for the season ending injury the following year. Weis is a bad head coach but a brilliant offensive coord. Then go to Dallas and bring in Rob Ryan as defensive coord. Lastly, go get the best talent evaluator available and let him have the keys to the kingdom re: free agency, the draft, waivers and trades.
    I agreed with everything except the super ryan-0 bros. Getting together......

The media would jizz all over each other if this happened....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agreed with everything except the super ryan-0 bros. Getting together......

The media would jizz all over each other if this happened....
    I think Dallas will clean house after this year, and I had to think about the Rob Ryan call for a while. However, I believe he is a good defensive coord and better than what we have. Let's put it this way, unless the ship gets headed in the right direction, both Rex and Rob will be hitting the road.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CGJET View Post
    For Mark's first three years it was Schotty. Now its Sporano. Sooner or later, We have to look at Sanchez. He had 3 of his own Receivers basically call him out last year. He was below average when he peaked in 2010. RIGHT NOW, BELOW AVERAGE WOULD BE HIS CEILING.