Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bloated contracts, lack of discipline dim Jets' offseason prospects

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    More drama from one of the leaders of drama on this board

Your posts are smeared with dripping wet doom and gloom, and they are painful to read

I blame the media for having a large hand in creating any distraction they can for this team, I also blame the media, local and national for their very unprofessional agenda that many seem to have with this team, I'm not the only one that sees this, so save it.

There is nothing perplexing about it, this article is just more of the same crap, but it won't stop the likes of you from jumping back on your soap boxes, because that more than anything is what some of you would rather do
    And who brings all this media attention to themselves, from going on hard knocks, inviting ESPN to camp out during TC, A HC saying he is the best defensive minds in football, Guarantying SB appearances. Letting players call out players on other teams.

The media is not your friend and their priority is not the teams. The jets wanted and sort media attention, well they are getting it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    You know how we all know your wrong...

OUR TEAM IS 4-7 YOU DOPE!!!!
    And haven't really played well in 2 years, have been out drafted by our competition and our neighbors have won 2 SBs during all our bullshlt.

But the glass is half full..... For 43 years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Your posts are smeared with dripping wet doom and gloom, and they are painful to read

I blame the media for having a large hand in creating any distraction they can for this team, I also blame the media, local and national for their very unprofessional agenda that many seem to have with this team, I'm not the only one that sees this, so save it.

There is nothing perplexing about it, this article is just more of the same crap, but it won't stop the likes of you from jumping back on your soap boxes, because that more than anything is what some of you would rather do
    All excuses, if you keep your mouth shut, play hard, and win most of the time, the media has nothing to write about. The current JETS do the polar opposite and many intelligent fans, former players, and commentators believe they do it purposely because no professional would ever conduct their business this way.

- Did the media trade for Tim Tebow knowing what circus it would bring?

- Did the media make Santonio Homes captain?

- Did the media declare that Rex would definitly take the team to multiple SBs?

- Did the media boast about making Gholston a star?

- Did the media nick name Maybin "Mayhem" and then cut him?

- Did the media make WWF wrestler and Patriots fan John Cena honorary captain?

- Did the media wait until the last minute to replace Wayne Hunter with a JAG?

- Did the media make up a story that Woody Johnson was more interested in electing Romney than running the JETS?

- Did the media say they would put hot sauce on Reggie Bush?

- Did the media activate Tim Tebow knowing he had two broken ribs and couldnt play?

- Did the media continue to start Mark Sanchez when it is so obvious that he is not succeeding week after week?

- Did the media ignore the offensive side of the ball?

- Did the media lose the locker-room two years in a row?

- Did the media beg to be on Hard Knocks?

- Did the media invite the world to cover everything Tebow and TC from Cortland?

The JETS deserve EVERY negative thing said about them. As a matter a fact, they dont get enough especially when it comes to matters of there owner who has a much different agenda than just winning.
    Last edited by copernicus; 11-25-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I might be wrong but Sanchez contract was guaranteeing that amount anyway thru '13 (I think the Jets added another $500k) for him to take the extension, which lessened his cap charge.

He can still be cut after 2013 without any real consequences.
    His salary for 2013 was guaranteed after the 2011 season:

His 2013 compensation went from a non-guaranteed $6 million to a guaranteed $8.25 million, bringing the total guarantee in the new contract to $20.5 million.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...peyton-manning

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    His salary for 2013 was guaranteed after the 2011 season:

His 2013 compensation went from a non-guaranteed $6 million to a guaranteed $8.25 million, bringing the total guarantee in the new contract to $20.5 million.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...peyton-manning
    Thanks for this!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The media?! Is this team that pathetic that it can be so easily distracted? I don't think so. I am going to give them more credit than that, they just aren't that talented at the moment.

And quit telling everyone to save it. How bout you save it. You act like the people who point out flaws are some crazy minority. But in fact blind homers like you are the crazy bunch here. Almost every Jet coach and player is great until they aren't. You used run to defense of your dearest Schotty and now rail on him as if you were front of the line to boot him out. Your act is tired.

To quote a moronic phrase I have read often from you:

"STFU and GFY"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for this!
    No problem.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    And who brings all this media attention to themselves, from going on hard knocks, inviting ESPN to camp out during TC, A HC saying he is the best defensive minds in football, Guarantying SB appearances. Letting players call out players on other teams.

The media is not your friend and their priority is not the teams. The jets wanted and sort media attention, well they are getting it.
    Save it

The team got the same treatment with HC's before Rex, Mangini was too tightly wrapped, Herm was a dumbass, they even went after Parcells.

The media loves to dump on this team, and it really starts with the jackasses that cover the team for the local scribes, they are all *******s, at least most of them are, so the national media just follows along.

Today's media are more interested in ruining careers, whether a player or a coach, than doing their jobs as professionals. It's not JUST with the Jets, but the Jets seem to be a favorite right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    The media?! Is this team that pathetic that it can be so easily distracted? I don't think so. I am going to give them more credit than that, they just aren't that talented at the moment.

And quit telling everyone to save it. How bout you save it. You act like the people who point out flaws are some crazy minority. But in fact blind homers like you are the crazy bunch here. Almost every Jet coach and player is great until they aren't. You used run to defense of your dearest Schotty and now rail on him as if you were front of the line to boot him out. Your act is tired.

To quote a moronic phrase I have read often from you:

"STFU and GFY"
    Wait what, what is this for? You're another one that loves to get on your soap box, so you go off and pull the same crap?

I'm not distracted at all, I'm venting because I know there are so many easily distracted by the crap that is printed, on radio, or elsehwhere.

Now I rail on Schotty? Really? Show me ONE post.

I've pretty much spent the last two days posting about areas on the team that need to be addressed, to YOU that means I'm saying every player and coach is great?

**** YOU!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    All excuses, if you keep your mouth shut, play hard, and win most of the time, the media has nothing to write about. The current JETS do the polar opposite and many intelligent fans, former players, and commentators believe they do it purposely because no professional would ever conduct their business this way.

- Did the media trade for Tim Tebow knowing what circus it would bring?

- Did the media make Santonio Homes captain?

- Did the media declare that Rex would definitly take the team to multiple SBs?

- Did the media boast about making Gholston a star?

- Did the media nick name Maybin "Mayhem" and then cut him?

- Did the media make WWF wrestler and Patriots fan John Cena honorary captain?

- Did the media wait until the last minute to replace Wayne Hunter with a JAG?

- Did the media make up a story that Woody Johnson was more interested in electing Romney than running the JETS?

- Did the media say they would put hot sauce on Reggie Bush?

- Did the media activate Tim Tebow knowing he had two broken ribs and couldnt play?

- Did the media continue to start Mark Sanchez when it is so obvious that he is not succeeding week after week?

- Did the media ignore the offensive side of the ball?

- Did the media lose the locker-room two years in a row?

- Did the media beg to be on Hard Knocks?

- Did the media invite the world to cover everything Tebow and TC from Cortland?

The JETS deserve EVERY negative thing said about them. As a matter a fact, they dont get enough especially when it comes to matters of there owner who has a much different agenda than just winning.
    Then go find another team to root for already, I'm not the only one on this board that has noticed you've become a complete drama queen on any topic related to the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait what, what is this for? You're another one that loves to get on your soap box, so you go off and pull the same crap?

I'm not distracted at all, I'm venting because I know there are so many easily distracted by the crap that is printed, on radio, or elsehwhere.

Now I rail on Schotty? Really? Show me ONE post.

I've pretty much spent the last two days posting about areas on the team that need to be addressed, to YOU that means I'm saying every player and coach is great?

**** YOU!
    Ray, no one needs the media to tell us about the Jets salary cap issues. We have been talking about this for a while now. It is not a fabricated sensationalized topic by the media.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then go find another team to root for already, I'm not the only one on this board that has noticed you've become a complete drama queen on any topic related to the Jets.
    You just got ****ing wrecked by copernicus and this is your response?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes is due $7.5 million guaranteed in 2013, for skill, cap and injury.

Sanchez is due $8.25 million fully guaranteed in 2013 (and then makes another $500,000 in workout bonuses from being on the roster).

David Harris has $9.5 million of his $10.9 million salary guaranteed.
    Tannenbaum thinks he's playing with Monopoly money. Santonio and Sanchez's extensions were not even necessary, and Harris shouldn't be making close to that much.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongAgain View Post
    What is it with all of these noobs that come out of the wood work just to troll?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Ray, no one needs the media to tell us about the Jets salary cap issues. We have been talking about this for a while now. It is not a fabricated sensationalized topic by the media.
    The cap issue is just one example

We get the same cap bull**** article every year, it's been happening since Parcells ran the team.

Every year is a new year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongAgain View Post
    facts are stubborn things........

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The cap issue is just one example

We get the same cap bull**** article every year, it's been happening since Parcells ran the team.

Every year is a new year.
    Go over and look at it for yourself then. Then go look at the other teams in the AFC east and tell us how it is fabricated. I am sure you wont have any issues though because you think every jag making 500K a year on the Jets roster is a viable starter and has so much potential.

With just what is on the books right now with no cuts being made:

Jets 142 million
    Pats 99 million
    Bills 105 million
    Dolphins 81 million
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 11-25-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Tannenbaum thinks he's playing with Monopoly money. Santonio and Sanchez's extensions were not even necessary, and Harris shouldn't be making close to that much.
    The Santonio signing was a total panic move by Tanny. The fact that the Redskins were the only other team that was offering close to the same type of money the Jets were, tells you everything you need to know about that signing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys love playing for Rex, because of these contracts they get. There are no worries once you are one of Rex's guys. You get a big payday, no chance of loosing your spot, regardless of how slow or how much you suck. The 2013 season is already screwed. Let Rex stay one more season then gut this P.O.S team from top to bottom.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ask me to root for another team? This totally shows what an immature fan you really are.

You cant grasp that you can be a fan AND highly criticize the JETS when the DESERVE it. Woody Johnson and Rex Ryan DESERVE every negative thing written and spoken because they have made the team that I have the most passion for an ABSOLUTE EMBARRASSMENT. I am embarrassed to encourage my kids to root for players, coaches, and an owner who have characteristics that are so undesirable and classless.

And yes, please notice how I have BECOME so negative about this CURRENT team. In past situations I could always find a silver lining, some hope, not with this current owner because it is much deeper than incompetence. The way they treat the paying customer is atrocious. One thing about NY fans is that they are not stupid and this current FO talks to us like we are fools. From over hyping players to reasons why certain players do and dont play. I have never felt so disgusted and embarrassed about the JETS in my entire life and I lived through Hess, Kotite, Carroll, Coslet, Bubby Brister, and the list goes on.

Recognize why so many fans have turned on this CURRENT group that is running the JETS. It is because they DESERVE it. They treat us like idiots one lie after another.

Pathetic
    Last edited by copernicus; 11-25-2012 at 10:19 PM.