Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 98

Thread: Bloated contracts, lack of discipline dim Jets' offseason prospects

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,554
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    For months you ripped most to all of my posts in how I felt about this current staff and owner.

    Your blame of the media and unbridled support of a front office, HC and players is perplexing to say the least.
    Why bother...he is probably the same age as some of your students.

    There isn't ONE, not one media person, analyst or independent source tha thinks the JETS are anything but BAD.

    The Steelers are hurt by injury. WE just have no talent, no management and a wealthy owner.

    RAHRAH , I am guessing, is a kid or someone with no real life or responsibilty.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304

    A Franchise QB makes a difference.

    Since the end of last season i have made my feeling known about what i believe the problem was/is within this Jet organization. That being the trio of Jokers (GM,HC,QB) that make up the leadership of the Jet franchise as it relates to the football team.

    With all that being said, I could deal with Rex coming back, and i could even deal with him being instructed by Mike Tannenbaum as the GM. The 1 thing i cannot deal with is having Mark Sanchez back as the starting QB of my beloved Franchise.


    I offer into evidence 3 situations that should clarify my reasoning . The Indy Colts was a terrible team last yr and it's star receiver was being talked about as having lost what he previously had. Enter QB Andrew Luck, the team is in playoff contention and the Star receiver is once again being held in the highest regard only 1 yr later. Furthermore, I give you the Pittsburg Steelers,a team on the upswing after a terrible start in playoff contention before losing starting QB Big Ben. 2 games later, the team looks like a bunch of misfits who can't get put of their own way. Lastly, i offer the Chicago Bears a team on it's way to winning the NFC North for the 2nd year in a row. Last yr this team lost it's starting QB and folded like a cheap suit. This yr,the same team loses it's QB for 2 games due to a concussion and you would think the bears were an expansion team.


    You may say it takes more than a QB, but i have offered 3 situations that prove beyond the shadow of a doubt what the importance of a quality QB can do to a team. The NYJets have talent,but it has no QB. Could the Talent be better, of course ,but there's enough talent on this team to have enabled it to win 3 games in blowout fashion against teams that have played solid games against some of our oponents.

    In an ideal world,i would like to see a coaching staff and Front office void of Rex and Tannenbaum. Get rid of Mark Sanchez and i could deal with the other 2. Since the other 2 boobs don't want to, then i say get rid of all 3.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 11-25-2012 at 05:43 PM.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Another crap article by the lame ass media piling on with selective reasoning as the media thinks they all have the answers.

    The sense of entitlement spin is the biggest pile of BS out there.
    Wow, what does this even mean? Are you using a post-generator software or randomly pulling words out of a thesaurus? "Sense of entitlement spin"? The only thing spinning here is your fan-world out of control.

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    "Sources who have studied their contract situation expect Bart Scott and Calvin Pace to be among those not back next season"

    It was mentioned and the situation still sucks.
    They also failed to mention releasing Jason Smith will save another 12M from the cap. I still have no idea why the Jets resigned Sanchez for long money like that. It made no sense at the time, and it makes less sense now. In review 2013 was the end of his rookie contract. If he played well we could have tagged him and renegotiated a longer deal, if not we could have simply let him walk in FA without any cap hit. At the time management said, we think Mark is a above average QB with the ceiling to be great. Someone has to pay for that evaluation.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    They also failed to mention releasing Jason Smith will save another 12M from the cap. I still have no idea why the Jets resigned Sanchez for long money like that. It made no sense at the time, and it makes less sense now. In review 2013 was the end of his rookie contract. If he played well we could have tagged him and renegotiated a longer deal, if not we could have simply let him walk in FA without any cap hit. At the time management said, we think Mark is a above average QB with the ceiling to be great. Someone has to pay for that evaluation.
    Hate to say it, but what has Woody paid for in his life with his earned income? He comes from a dysfunctional family also.

    Do you think the Jets are any different ?

    The homers are dysfunctional attaching their emotions to this train......see it for what it is.....entertainment. Nothing more until there are wholesale changes. Rex is a people pleaser, Woody is selling PSL's. Tannenbaum cant evaluate talent. Sanchez was set up for failure. We dont know what he could really do in his 3rd and 4th year because the OL has been an albatross around his neck. My bet is he is a slightly above average QB (60th percentile) on a decent team. He's immature and cant handle emotionally his level of play this year, but the team did drag him down. Its a cluster **** with blame to all 4.
    Last edited by DUNCCFP; 11-25-2012 at 06:12 PM.

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,554
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    Hate to say it, but what has Woody paid for in his life with his earned income? He comes from a dysfunctional family also.

    Do you think the Jets are any different ?

    The homers are dysfunctional attaching their emotions to this train......see it for what it is.....entertainment. Nothing more until there are wholesale changes. Rex is a people pleaser, Woody is selling PSL's. Tannenbaum cant evaluate talent. Sanchez was set up for failure. We dont know what he could really do in his 3rd and 4th year because the OL has been an albatross around his neck. My bet is he is a slightly above average QB (60th percentile) on a decent team. He's immature and cant handle emotionally his level of play this year, but the team did drag him down. Its a cluster **** with blame to all 4.
    THIS is as good a post as any......

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Another crap article by the lame ass media piling on with selective reasoning as the media thinks they all have the answers.

    The sense of entitlement spin is the biggest pile of BS out there.
    Yep, everything is absolutely perfect in Jet land.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    Hate to say it, but what has Woody paid for in his life with his earned income? He comes from a dysfunctional family also.

    Do you think the Jets are any different ?

    The homers are dysfunctional attaching their emotions to this train......see it for what it is.....entertainment. Nothing more until there are wholesale changes. Rex is a people pleaser, Woody is selling PSL's. Tannenbaum cant evaluate talent. Sanchez was set up for failure. We dont know what he could really do in his 3rd and 4th year because the OL has been an albatross around his neck. My bet is he is a slightly above average QB (60th percentile) on a decent team. He's immature and cant handle emotionally his level of play this year, but the team did drag him down. Its a cluster **** with blame to all 4.
    Nobody dragged Sanchez anywhere. Hewas a top 5 1st round pick that was supposed to elevate this Franchise to a different level. All i ever hear from Folks like u are how he needs others to elivate him.

    The Kid doesn't have what it takes, and IMHO, never did.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    this team is screwed. i can't believe we are stuck with Sanchez another year. They gave him an extra year so he wouldn't feel bad that they pursued Peyton Manning? dumbest crap i've ever heard.

    Unforgivable move by the front office.
    There was no need to guarantee that amount of money for a QB coming off a mediocre season still under contract with no other options.

    Our only hope now is that they can bring in another QB to at least provide some real competition at QB in 2013.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Nobody dragged Sanchez anywhere. Hewas a top 5 1st round pick that was supposed to elevate this Franchise to a different level. All i ever hear from Folks like u are how he needs others to elivate him.

    The Kid doesn't have what it takes, and IMHO, never did.
    Absolutely!! Sanchez was supposed to be a franchise QB that elevated the play of those around him.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post

    Unforgivable move by the front office.
    There was no need to guarantee that amount of money for a QB coming off a mediocre season still under contract with no other options.

    Our only hope now is that they can bring in another QB to at least provide some real competition at QB in 2013.
    I might be wrong but Sanchez contract was guaranteeing that amount anyway thru '13 (I think the Jets added another $500k) for him to take the extension, which lessened his cap charge.

    He can still be cut after 2013 without any real consequences.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape coral fl.
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I might be wrong but Sanchez contract was guaranteeing that amount anyway thru '13 (I think the Jets added another $500k) for him to take the extension, which lessened his cap charge.

    He can still be cut after 2013 without any real consequences.
    Hopefully you are right.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    And his statements on Revis are BS. Revis's agent would have to be MAD to try and holdout after an injury. Doesn't make sense.
    He is not saying anything of the sort. Revis is not going to hold out. But that the contract was written with an eye towards a renegotiation taking place this off season. If this does not take place, Revis is a FA in 2014.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I might be wrong but Sanchez contract was guaranteeing that amount anyway thru '13 (I think the Jets added another $500k) for him to take the extension, which lessened his cap charge.

    He can still be cut after 2013 without any real consequences.
    They will be 5mll cap charge for SB amortization according to Jason.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Why bother...he is probably the same age as some of your students.

    There isn't ONE, not one media person, analyst or independent source tha thinks the JETS are anything but BAD.

    The Steelers are hurt by injury. WE just have no talent, no management and a wealthy owner.

    RAHRAH , I am guessing, is a kid or someone with no real life or responsibilty.
    Good point. There is an ugliness about the JETS that goes beyond the scoreboard. You are definitely one of the few posters who recognized this earlier than most.

  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,277
    STFU Jason. No, hey, I'm over here. Oh, you WERE looking at me.


  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    For months you ripped most to all of my posts in how I felt about this current staff and owner.

    Your blame of the media and unbridled support of a front office, HC and players is perplexing to say the least.
    More drama from one of the leaders of drama on this board

    Your posts are smeared with dripping wet doom and gloom, and they are painful to read

    I blame the media for having a large hand in creating any distraction they can for this team, I also blame the media, local and national for their very unprofessional agenda that many seem to have with this team, I'm not the only one that sees this, so save it.

    There is nothing perplexing about it, this article is just more of the same crap, but it won't stop the likes of you from jumping back on your soap boxes, because that more than anything is what some of you would rather do

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yep, everything is absolutely perfect in Jet land.
    Yes, because that is exactly what I've been saying all along..

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Wow, what does this even mean? Are you using a post-generator software or randomly pulling words out of a thesaurus? "Sense of entitlement spin"? The only thing spinning here is your fan-world out of control.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    More drama from one of the leaders of drama on this board

    Your posts are smeared with dripping wet doom and gloom, and they are painful to read

    I blame the media for having a large hand in creating any distraction they can for this team, I also blame the media, local and national for their very unprofessional agenda that many seem to have with this team, I'm not the only one that sees this, so save it.

    There is nothing perplexing about it, this article is just more of the same crap, but it won't stop the likes of you from jumping back on your soap boxes, because that more than anything is what some of you would rather do
    You know how we all know your wrong...

    OUR TEAM IS 4-7 YOU DOPE!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us