Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 98

Thread: Bloated contracts, lack of discipline dim Jets' offseason prospects

  1. #61
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    All excuses, if you keep your mouth shut, play hard, and win most of the time, the media has nothing to write about. The current JETS do the polar opposite and many intelligent fans, former players, and commentators believe they do it purposely because no professional would ever conduct their business this way.

    - Did the media trade for Tim Tebow knowing what circus it would bring?

    - Did the media make Santonio Homes captain?

    - Did the media declare that Rex would definitly take the team to multiple SBs?

    - Did the media boast about making Gholston a star?

    - Did the media nick name Maybin "Mayhem" and then cut him?

    - Did the media make WWF wrestler and Patriots fan John Cena honorary captain?

    - Did the media wait until the last minute to replace Wayne Hunter with a JAG?

    - Did the media make up a story that Woody Johnson was more interested in electing Romney than running the JETS?

    - Did the media say they would put hot sauce on Reggie Bush?

    - Did the media activate Tim Tebow knowing he had two broken ribs and couldnt play?

    - Did the media continue to start Mark Sanchez when it is so obvious that he is not succeeding week after week?

    - Did the media ignore the offensive side of the ball?

    - Did the media lose the locker-room two years in a row?

    - Did the media beg to be on Hard Knocks?

    - Did the media invite the world to cover everything Tebow and TC from Cortland?

    The JETS deserve EVERY negative thing said about them. As a matter a fact, they dont get enough especially when it comes to matters of there owner who has a much different agenda than just winning.



  2. #62
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Then go find another team to root for already, I'm not the only one on this board that has noticed you've become a complete drama queen on any topic related to the Jets.


    Agree with me or root for another team.



    Classic.

  3. #63
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    All excuses, if you keep your mouth shut, play hard, and win most of the time, the media has nothing to write about. The current JETS do the polar opposite and many intelligent fans, former players, and commentators believe they do it purposely because no professional would ever conduct their business this way.

    - Did the media trade for Tim Tebow knowing what circus it would bring?

    - Did the media make Santonio Homes captain?

    - Did the media declare that Rex would definitly take the team to multiple SBs?

    - Did the media boast about making Gholston a star?

    - Did the media nick name Maybin "Mayhem" and then cut him?

    - Did the media make WWF wrestler and Patriots fan John Cena honorary captain?

    - Did the media wait until the last minute to replace Wayne Hunter with a JAG?

    - Did the media make up a story that Woody Johnson was more interested in electing Romney than running the JETS?

    - Did the media say they would put hot sauce on Reggie Bush?

    - Did the media activate Tim Tebow knowing he had two broken ribs and couldnt play?

    - Did the media continue to start Mark Sanchez when it is so obvious that he is not succeeding week after week?

    - Did the media ignore the offensive side of the ball?

    - Did the media lose the locker-room two years in a row?

    - Did the media beg to be on Hard Knocks?

    - Did the media invite the world to cover everything Tebow and TC from Cortland?

    The JETS deserve EVERY negative thing said about them. As a matter a fact, they dont get enough especially when it comes to matters of there owner who has a much different agenda than just winning.
    Well Landry did put hot sauce on Bush.. So that was True . just saying

  4. #64
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InsideBlitz View Post
    Agree with me or root for another team.



    Classic.
    157 posts

    142 of them all trolling on me

    Come out of the closet freak

  5. #65
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    157 posts

    142 of them all trolling on me

    Come out of the closet freak

    Because I'm totally the only one who thinks you're full of it and calls you out in threads.


    Seems to me this entire forum is doing it. Stop crying. You bring it on yourself.

  6. #66
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Save it

    The team got the same treatment with HC's before Rex, Mangini was too tightly wrapped, Herm was a dumbass, they even went after Parcells.

    The media loves to dump on this team, and it really starts with the jackasses that cover the team for the local scribes, they are all *******s, at least most of them are, so the national media just follows along.

    Today's media are more interested in ruining careers, whether a player or a coach, than doing their jobs as professionals. It's not JUST with the Jets, but the Jets seem to be a favorite right now.
    Mangini was to tightly wrapped to them, but he was right- the media is not on the same side as the fans or the team. The media's job is to sell media.
    He understood that and like BB didn't tell the media anything but Xs and Os.
    BB puts the players on BB speak, they give the media nothing. Welker says something stupid about Rex's feet, he does not start a playoff game. Woody went the opposite tack, Rex Encourages his players to call out other the other team, **** he even called out Norv Turner himself. This whole organization encouraged media participation as a way to sell tickets and build the brand.

    The owner made a effort to get publicity for the team, he hired a bombastic Coach, let the media into the inner dynamic during hard knocks, plus inviting ESPN to summer camp so that they can report on every scuffle and face pout. The GM has a major press conference to sign a b/u QB, The coach says that he can see Tebow being in on 20% of the plays, then does not play him. Instead he has a mass sub package every time Tebow gets on the field that takes 25 seconds to lineup for one play. I know jet fans don't like to hear about the patriot/BB way but no player gets a press conference unless he retires. Brady, Bruschi anyone.

    Ray, your passionate about the team and posters can admire your steadfastness about the team, but until the last two days most of your rebuttals consisted of telling posters with opposing viewpoints to bang off.

  7. #67
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InsideBlitz View Post
    Because I'm totally the only one who thinks you're full of it and calls you out in threads.


    Seems to me this entire forum is doing it. Stop crying. You bring it on yourself.
    Full of what, my opinion? The posters you are emulating do it because I called them out, oh the irony. The same posters do it because they think I'm policing the forum, which you just admitted to. It is because of smug jackasses like you I do what I do when I get the kind of crap you only seem to be interested in contributing to the site. You are the kind of poster that can GFY!

  8. #68
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,513
    Post Thanks / Like

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Mangini was to tightly wrapped to them, but he was right- the media is not on the same side as the fans or the team. The media's job is to sell media.
    He understood that and like BB didn't tell the media anything but Xs and Os.
    BB puts the players on BB speak, they give the media nothing. Welker says something stupid about Rex's feet, he does not start a playoff game. Woody went the opposite tack, Rex Encourages his players to call out other the other team, **** he even called out Norv Turner himself. This whole organization encouraged media participation as a way to sell tickets and build the brand.

    The owner made a effort to get publicity for the team, he hired a bombastic Coach, let the media into the inner dynamic during hard knocks, plus inviting ESPN to summer camp so that they can report on every scuffle and face pout. The GM has a major press conference to sign a b/u QB, The coach says that he can see Tebow being in on 20% of the plays, then does not play him. Instead he has a mass sub package every time Tebow gets on the field that takes 25 seconds to lineup for one play. I know jet fans don't like to hear about the patriot/BB way but no player gets a press conference unless he retires. Brady, Bruschi anyone.

    Ray, your passionate about the team and posters can admire your steadfastness about the team, but until the last two days most of your rebuttals consisted of telling posters with opposing viewpoints to bang off.
    My rebuttals are for those that have a personal agenda with me who continue to detail threads only for that agenda unprovoked!

    The bold part is a bunch crap, straight from the same jackasses in the media that have been spinning the same **** all year. The owner didnt go out of his way to do any of that, the team wanted an open door policy a media friendly environment, the media crapped on them for it. It's going to change and it's going to change back to the way Mangini and Parcells did things, and then we will get the media agenda of ripping the team for that. Then everybody will be ripping the Jets for closing their doors. It doesn't matter what the Jets do, the same media a-holes, the same fans, will all complain about whatever the team does!
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 11-26-2012 at 07:21 AM.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

    The bold part is a bunch crap, straight from the same jackasses in the media that have been spinning the same **** all year.
    When you have a loudmouth HC who proclaims publically that "this Jets team has the best talent" and proceeds to go 4-7, the media should rip them.

  10. #70
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,595
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Full of what, my opinion? The posters you are emulating do it because I called them out, oh the irony. The same posters do it because they think I'm policing the forum, which you just admitted to. It is because of smug jackasses like you I do what I do when I get the kind of crap you only seem to be interested in contributing to the site. You are the kind of poster that can GFY!
    No, you are entitled to your opinions although many of those are clearly not supported by the facts as those fact have unfolded this year.

    No your crime is the absolute trashing and personal attacks on anyone and everyone who does not agree with your bizarre world view. Assuming those posters are not mods of course.

    So really, carry on telling us all who are the real Jets fans and who should go root for another team. Tell us again how four years into his NFL career that we have not given Mark Sanchez enough time. Tell us how but for a bounce here or a bounce there, but for an injury here or an injury there that all would be well with this franchise and we would be in contention.

    At some point I would have thought you would have the good manners to quit this board forever as a consequence for being so monumentally wrong on every single topic having anything at all to do with the New York Jets.

  11. #71
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    No, you are entitled to your opinions although many of those are clearly not supported by the facts as those fact have unfolded this year.

    No your crime is the absolute trashing and personal attacks on anyone and everyone who does not agree with your bizarre world view. Assuming those posters are not mods of course.

    So really, carry on telling us all who are the real Jets fans and who should go root for another team. Tell us again how four years into his NFL career that we have not given Mark Sanchez enough time. Tell us how but for a bounce here or a bounce there, but for an injury here or an injury there that all would be well with this franchise and we would be in contention.

    At some point I would have thought you would have the good manners to quit this board forever as a consequence for being so monumentally wrong on every single topic having anything at all to do with the New York Jets.


    Way to jump in and generalize based on assumption and your own personal vendetta, and nothing more.

    Opinions about why the Jets are struggling are not always fact based.

    And since you chimed in on this thread is about a BS article that was devoid of facts, there are a lot of them out there.

    I don't "attack" anyone who doesn't attack me first, this has been the case for a while now

    I'm not sure what you're ranting about "real fans" for, I haven't posted anything on the topic, it's time to play a new card.

    Manners would require you to actually gain some insight on a topic or a thread and not respond based on any history you may have had in any exchanges with me

    Being wrong would mean that I made some sort of prediction or proclamation on something, and that too hasn't happened.

    Considering your own insecure and jealous perspective on the Fireman Ed topic, it's pretty clear to me what I'm dealing with, just another arrogant elitest schmo who is full of himself.

    Save your lectures and pedestal for somebody who gives a crap.

  12. #72
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    When you have a loudmouth HC who proclaims publically that "this Jets team has the best talent" and proceeds to go 4-7, the media should rip them.
    On the surface that is probably true, but the media takes a lot of what Rex say's and the tone he say's it out of context for their own selfish and agenda driven reasons.

  13. #73
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    Way to jump in and generalize based on assumption and your own personal vendetta, and nothing more.

    Opinions about why the Jets are struggling are not always fact based.

    And since you chimed in on this thread is about a BS article that was devoid of facts, there are a lot of them out there.

    I don't "attack" anyone who doesn't attack me first, this has been the case for a while now

    I'm not sure what you're ranting about "real fans" for, I haven't posted anything on the topic, it's time to play a new card.

    Manners would require you to actually gain some insight on a topic or a thread and not respond based on any history you may have had in any exchanges with me

    Being wrong would mean that I made some sort of prediction or proclamation on something, and that too hasn't happened.

    Considering your own insecure and jealous perspective on the Fireman Ed topic, it's pretty clear to me what I'm dealing with, just another arrogant elitest schmo who is full of himself.

    Save your lectures and pedestal for somebody who gives a crap.
    How is an article stating that the Jets have salary cap issues next year devoid of facts?? Have you looked at the cap situation yet? Have you looked at the cap numbers for the other teams in the division?

  14. #74
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    How is an article stating that the Jets have salary cap issues next year devoid of facts?? Have you looked at the cap situation yet? Have you looked at the cap numbers for the other teams in the division?
    No mention of the Jason Smith option bonus which factors into that cap number for one.

    Like I said, every year, we see this crap, and even past years where they predicted doom and gloom for the roster, the team was able to retool.

    The Jets can cut 3 players and clear up 28 million in cap space, they can replace one of those players probably on a vet min or near vet min deal, even bring the player back in Smith. They absolutely need to get younger and athletic with the two other players in Scott and Pace.

  15. #75
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    When you have a loudmouth HC who proclaims publically that "this Jets team has the best talent" and proceeds to go 4-7, the media should rip them.
    You're right about the loud mouth part, puts the bulls eye on his back.

    To clarify what Rex actually said in August, "this could be the best team I've had", "could be" and "is" are very different. Not defending him, just clarifying.

    I personally think the way rex handles his business is pathetic and classless.

  16. #76
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,595
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    Way to jump in and generalize based on assumption and your own personal vendetta, and nothing more.

    Opinions about why the Jets are struggling are not always fact based.

    And since you chimed in on this thread is about a BS article that was devoid of facts, there are a lot of them out there.

    I don't "attack" anyone who doesn't attack me first, this has been the case for a while now

    I'm not sure what you're ranting about "real fans" for, I haven't posted anything on the topic, it's time to play a new card.

    Manners would require you to actually gain some insight on a topic or a thread and not respond based on any history you may have had in any exchanges with me

    Being wrong would mean that I made some sort of prediction or proclamation on something, and that too hasn't happened.

    Considering your own insecure and jealous perspective on the Fireman Ed topic, it's pretty clear to me what I'm dealing with, just another arrogant elitest schmo who is full of himself.

    Save your lectures and pedestal for somebody who gives a crap.
    You head must be a strange place to live where everyone who does not agree with you or your style is conducting a vendetta. How many people are conducting vendettas against you now? Did you ever stop to consider why that might be?

    Ray the list of people to whom you have been abusive is longer than a Manhattan telephone directory. If you don't believe me ask the mods (or are they conducting vendettas against you too?)

  17. #77
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    No mention of the Jason Smith option bonus which factors into that cap number for one.

    Like I said, every year, we see this crap, and even past years where they predicted doom and gloom for the roster, the team was able to retool.

    The Jets can cut 3 players and clear up 28 million in cap space, they can replace one of those players probably on a vet min or near vet min deal, even bring the player back in Smith. They absolutely need to get younger and athletic with the two other players in Scott and Pace.
    So every other team has contracts they can cut as well. Miami will have over 40 million in cap space next year, and that is if they do not cut one player, or restructure one deal. Hanging your hat on the fact that the Jets can clear some space by cutting some players is only half the story. They then have to replace 9 starters and some depth behind them.

  18. #78
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    You head must be a strange place to live where everyone who does not agree with you or your style is conducting a vendetta. How many people are conducting vendettas against you now? Did you ever stop to consider why that might be?

    Ray the list of people to whom you have been abusive is longer than a Manhattan telephone directory. If you don't believe me ask the mods (or are they conducting vendettas against you too?)
    It has never been, nor will it ever be, about who agrees with me or disagrees with me, someday, you and others will get that through your heads.

    It's at a point now where people attack just for the sake of doing so, no real reason, people I have never had dialogue with, but because some others engage in it, they do it too, pretty much the same reason a guy like Fireman Ed is taking the action he is, because there is lowlife trash out there that have no conscious for their own actions. So yeah, I find myself defending these acts, but my defense gets lumped into generalizations much like the one you are again trying to make this morning.

  19. #79
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So every other team has contracts they can cut as well. Miami will have over 40 million in cap space next year, and that is if they do not cut one player, or restructure one deal. Hanging your hat on the fact that the Jets can clear some space by cutting some players is only half the story. They then have to replace 9 starters and some depth behind them.
    Miami is easily the second best team in the AFCE. Good, young QB. Smart HC. FO that has a clear direction. Ton of cap space.

  20. #80
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,704
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Agreed.... Just wish there was a know winner available like Parcells was years ago...
    Cowher is available.

    Why is this board so against Cowher?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us