Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you take Vick over Sanchez right now?

Would you take Vick over Sanchez right now?

At this point I would Vick has shown toughness this year he has taken an absolute BEATING this year because of how bad the oline is. He'd would be playing with a far better oline and if we get running game and depth at reciver he could arguably be playing with better talent not saying lets jump on it just a thought.

All League
    Macelroy over both

All day.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    At this point I would Vick has shown toughness this year he has taken an absolute BEATING this year because of how bad the oline is. He'd would be playing with a far better oline and if we get running game and depth at reciver he could arguably be playing with better talent not saying lets jump on it just a thought.
    No!! Vick is showing signs of breaking down. Need a good, young QB.

Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    Macelroy over both

All day.
    This.

yes I'd gladly take vick, but the jets still would need more offensive skill players

Any QB would do better with these improvements.

Undrafted Free Agent
    No

Would he make the team better yes but not much. Would I root for him NO! I have never been a fan of showing low morals just to win a few extra reg season games. We are not talking Peyton Manning here. I'd rather take anther stab at drafting that franchise QB. A one or 2 year patch that doesn't make us a SB contender just seems like what we have been doing.

All League
    Not for nothin' but a better thread would be whether to choose tebow or vick.

Only because sancrust is under contract and macelroy in common sense situation would be getting reps as the starter as a i type this....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Absolutely....give Vick a decent OLine and he'll be one of the best again

All League

Wink

Picking up retreads has been great for this franchise.....

Phuck the draft

Hall Of Fame
    NO.

Vick blows. He is a scrambling Sanchez.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Any QB would do better with these improvements.
    I know of 1 QB that would not .

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I know of 1 QB that would not .
    Except that he did do better with a better Oline and a running game. They are stuck with him. There are few ways to improve their current predicament and that is two of them. ( a real OC wouldn't hurt either).

McElroy would be the way to go long before we went and picked up Mike Vick. But I must say I've grown so impatient with Sanchez, that I'd take Ryan Leaf instead right now.

I'll take Vinny over both.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    I'll take Vinny over both.
    Saw Vinny on the 20th on the Boomer & Carton show TV Program.

The guy is 49 and he STILL looks like he could QB a Football team.

BTW, his son is 16 and is tearing it up in High School at QB himself.

(Doubt he'll go to the U like his old man considering they're being sanctioned....I think)

I'd take Vick or Alex Smith for a year or two over trying to develop another first round QB here. I think the Mark Sanchez Experience has left me scared

The skill positions are not even close on the 2 teams. Shady McCoy is 1,000 times better than Greene. Macklin and Jackson are 1,000 times better than Clyde Gates and Schilliens. Only Kerley is better than their slot receiver...and Keller is marginally better than their TE.

As mentioned....the o-line there is the issue. No QB (Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees) could possibly survive behind that train wreck.

Would I take him over Sanchez. In a heartbeat. But in Reid,you get a coach that has some concept of a vertical passing game. Sparano would just screw him up.

Absolutely, If only so I could wear my green and throw-back jerseys #7 Vick bought when he was getting out of jail.