Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watching other games, almost every team has better athletes than the Jets

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching other games, almost every team has better athletes than the Jets

I watch a lot of games around the NFL every weekend and it is sickening to see how much faster, quicker and more athletic other teams look. You can take almost every part of the rosters - defensive line, linebackers, skill positions.

You can only scheme for so long but the Jets can't hide their lack of athletic ability anymore, especially in today's passing league where you need linebackers flying from sideline to sideline, athletes to challenge a defense over the top and playmakers on both sides of the ball.

We do not have ONE wide receiver or tight end who presents a mismatch physically, yet we got a bunch of linebackers who are a liability in almost every aspect of the game, especially physically as they are way too slow and not athletic enough.

Time to get some athletes in the offseason...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I watch a lot of games around the NFL every weekend and it is sickening to see how much faster, quicker and more athletic other teams look. You can take almost every part of the rosters - defensive line, linebackers, skill positions.

You can only scheme for so long but the Jets can't hide their lack of athletic ability anymore, especially in today's passing league where you need linebackers flying from sideline to sideline, athletes to challenge a defense over the top and playmakers on both sides of the ball.

We do not have ONE wide receiver or tight end who presents a mismatch physically, yet we got a bunch of linebackers who are a liability in almost every aspect of the game, especially physically as they are way too slow and not athletic enough.

Time to get some athletes in the offseason...
    They've already started to get younger and more athletic on the defense and offense in the last two drafts. Demario Davis, Stephen Hill, Wilkerson, etc.

That's why I think they starting to turn that corner. Next year should be even better as we say bye bye to Scott and Pace

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    They've already started to get younger and more athletic on the defense and offense in the last two drafts. Demario Davis, Stephen Hill, Wilkerson, etc.

That's why I think they starting to turn that corner. Next year should be even better as we say bye bye to Scott and Pace
    Hopefully... Bryan Thomas has to go aswell, so we basically need two new starting OLB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

This.

The youth movement has already begun, and they are probably doing it while trying to stay competitive instead of a full blown rebuild.

S, Bush, Allen
    DL, Mo Wilk, Ellis, Coples, Harrison
    LB Davis, Sapp
    WR Hill, Kerley, Gates
    TE Baker
    RB Powell

LB is in need of the biggest overhaul this off-season, especially OLB.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    ive been saying this for years. couldnt agree more we are slow and dumb.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This.

The youth movement has already begun, and they are probably doing it while trying to stay competitive instead of a full blown rebuild.

S, Bush, Allen
    LB Davis, Sapp
    WR Hill, Kerley, Gates
    TE Baker
    RB Powell

Ray, I remember you telling me before the season that we were stacked at LB.

Why the change of heart?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching the Niners game, they are so much better than us at basically every position except CB. Like night and day watching them compared to us. Kaepernick is already a way better player than Sanchez.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This.

S, Bush, Allen
    LB Davis, Sapp
    WR Hill, Kerley, Gates
    TE Baker
    RB Powell

half of those players are garbage/ replaceable.

Bush, Allen, Harrison, Gates, Sapp..these guys barley and shouldn't even see the field. That's not a youth movement that's a sh!t movement.

Mo Wilkerson and Kerley are the only ones that have impressed.

Coples and Hill still have to develop and have shown their potential.

The rest are replaceable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

really???? we got younger in the drafts? that's so Kool because our competition got older in the drafts so we are way ahead.

our drafts will be the difference , somehow I am certain of that too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    half of those players are garbage/ replaceable.

Bush, Allen, Harrison, Gates, Sapp..these guys barley and shouldn't even see the field. That's not a youth movement that's a sh!t movement.

Mo Wilkerson and Kerley are the only ones that have impressed.

Coples and Hill still have to develop and have shown their potential.

The rest are replaceable.
    I mean while he hasn't logged a sack.. Sapp has been pretty impressive getting pressure off the edge in the few snaps he do play.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This.

S, Bush, Allen
    LB Davis, Sapp
    WR Hill, Kerley, Gates
    TE Baker
    RB Powell

Do you have any thoughts on LSU's Mingo? He may be there for us unless the Jets run the table and finish 9-7, something, I hate to say, I am against as it puts us in the middle of the pack for the draft....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Watching the Niners game, they are so much better than us at basically every position except CB. Like night and day watching them compared to us. Kaepernick is already a way better player than Sanchez.
    The 49ers had the benefit of high draft picks and investing in the offense. Having Vernon Davis, Crabtree and Gore are force multipliers in of themselves. They bought Alex Smith's career more time than most expected.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Do you have any thoughts on LSU's Mingo? He may be there for us unless the Jets run the table and finish 9-7, something, I hate to say, I am against as it puts us in the middle of the pack for the draft....
    If the Jets draft him, Ray will tell you he is the next Lawrence Taylor, if the Patriots draft him he is garbage and over rated.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you want to win 4/5 games per year for a few seasons to get a top 5 pick as the 49ers did? Also, were you saying that 2 years ago?
    Last edited by jetssjumets; 11-25-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well coached teams have that affect.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Also, were you saying that 2 years ago?
    How is that relevant?

In the NFL, 2 yrs is an eternity. In 2 years we have gone from being a contender to a bottom feeder.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If the Jets draft him, Ray will tell you he is the next Lawrence Taylor, if the Patriots draft him he is garbage and over rated.
    Seriously.

It's Week 12 and the Blind Homer Cult is trying to turn the Landing Strip into the Draft Forum? In the summer, they promised us we'd be mailing in our AFC Championship Game ticket invoices and booking hotels in New Orleans come Thanksgiving.

LOLZ.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Well coached teams have that affect.
    agreed....but morenthan that they seem to have real talent, from their recent drafts playing well.

we have a Morebthan average of FAs, other teams released players. look at the GINTS and SF, their teams are solid from the last 6 years drafts.

It can be done ..... THEN coach them up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanu looked pretty good today.

Think we might have dropped the ball on that one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray, I remember you telling me before the season that we were stacked at LB.

Why the change of heart?

No I didn't.