Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watching other games, almost every team has better athletes than the Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    If the Jets draft him, Ray will tell you he is the next Lawrence Taylor, if the Patriots draft him he is garbage and over rated.
    With ******* posts like this, why do people wonder why I respond on this board the way I do?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    half of those players are garbage/ replaceable.

Bush, Allen, Harrison, Gates, Sapp..these guys barley and shouldn't even see the field. That's not a youth movement that's a sh!t movement.

Mo Wilkerson and Kerley are the only ones that have impressed.

Coples and Hill still have to develop and have shown their potential.

The rest are replaceable.
    I never said anything about these players being entrenched on the roster, they are younger players and they are athletic players with speed, that was the point of this thread, was it not?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    How is that relevant?

In the NFL, 2 yrs is an eternity. In 2 years we have gone from being a contender to a bottom feeder.
    My point is it is easy to have prisoner of the moment syndrome. SF's talent has more to do with where the team picked in the draft for most of the past decade. When the Jets were marching to the AFCG two years ago, the 49ers began the year 0-5 after being the concensus pick to win the division that year. They finished 6-10 in arguably the worst division since the merger between the AFL and NFL -- that was the year, for the first time, a division winner, Seattle, finished with a sub .500 record (7-9). That just illustrates how bad that division was in 2010.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets draft him, Ray will tell you he is the next Lawrence Taylor, if the Patriots draft him he is garbage and over rated.
    Now that is the exact description of what Ray would have said. Glad I'm not the only one who is on to him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is that relevant?

In the NFL, 2 yrs is an eternity. In 2 years we have gone from being a contender to a bottom feeder.
    And yet, half of this board is eating up the CBS LaConfora article that suggests there are supposed executives around the league that say the Jets are in too big of a hole to attract top level interest in the GM/Coaching market.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post
    Now that is the exact description of what Ray would have said. Glad I'm not the only one who is on to him.
    The only time you post on this forum is with some stupid obsessive post or comment about me.

Why bother?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    With ******* posts like this, why do people wonder why I respond on this board the way I do?
    Because you over value any player on the Jets. Go read some of your posts from the summer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post
    It seems as if my question to Ray Ray is causing some in this thread to take shots at him. My question on LSU's Mingo was not intended as such. I honestly wanted Ray Ray's opinion. Despite what some of you think, I respect his views and support for the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    It seems as if my question to Ray Ray is causing some in this thread to take shots at him. My question on LSU's Mingo was not intended as such. I honestly wanted Ray Ray's opinion. Despite what some of you think, I respect his views and support for the Jets.

There is a whole thread about Mingo in the draft forum.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Because you over value any player on the Jets. Go read some of your posts from the summer.
    I don't overvalue anybody

Your post reeks of the same crap that seems to be an agenda of the board of late.

Who did I overvalue, and how?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I appreciate it, despite the mantra of the board of late, I do.

There are probably more people on the board with more background than I have on the player. The draft forum is a good place to start, not thinking about the draft just yet, I haven't given up on the season, but LB will definitely be a major area that figures to be addressed this off-season.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching V Davis play vs Keller shows how below avg he is. Did you guys see the YAC that was called back because of holding? Speed, quickness, power. We need more of them in this team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And yet, half of this board is eating up the CBS LaConfora article that suggests there are supposed executives around the league that say the Jets are in too big of a hole to attract top level interest in the GM/Coaching market.
    Ray, a "proven" coach is going to want to pick his own spot. That will likely be a team that:

1. Already has a QB or is in position to draft a good prospect.
    2. Has cap room.

And any GM worth his salt is going to want to pick his own HC. That is how it goes. If Woody insists on keeping Rex, that will eliminate some GM candidates.

Not sure how you could disagree with any of this. It is common sense. Just look at why Jeff Fisher picked the Rams. They had a young QB AND were in position to take a great one. He chose to trade down and stockpile 1st round picks. They have good nucleus on defense with Long, Laurenitis, Quinn and Jenkins. They also had cap room which allowed him to sign Finnegan.

On the other hand, we have a handful of albatross contracts and very little young/cheap talent.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    Watching V Davis play vs Keller shows how below avg he is. Did you guys see the YAC that was called back because of holding? Speed, quickness, power. We need more of them in this team.
    In the 2012 NFL Keller is at best an average receiving TE. He is well below average as a blocker.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, if only we had Corey Brewster playing CB for us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't overvalue anybody

Your post reeks of the same crap that seems to be an agenda of the board of late.

Who did I overvalue, and how?
    Really, you have told us that the safety position will not be an issue next year because we have Bush and Allen to start for Bell and Landry, you say the WR position is OK because the "young players will continue to develop", the O line is ok because we have Vlad and Schlauderauff to step in and start. You say the RB position is good with Powell and McKnight, just need a "tweak" as you say.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray, a "proven" coach is going to want to pick his own spot. That will likely be a team that:

1. Already has a QB or is in position to draft a good prospect.
    2. Has cap room.

And any GM worth his salt is going to want to pick his own HC. That is how it goes. If Woody insists on keeping Rex, that will eliminate some GM candidates.

Not sure how you could disagree with any of this. It is common sense. Just look at why Jeff Fisher picked the Rams. They had a young QB AND were in position to take a great one. He chose to trade down and stockpile 1st round picks. They have good nucleus on defense with Long, Laurenitis, Quinn and Jenkins. They also had cap room which allowed him to sign Finnegan.

On the other hand, we have a handful of albatross contracts and very little young/cheap talent.
    I don't know. I bet a lot of people were saying the same thing in '96 when Kotite was coach. Yet Parcells came aboard and look what he did in 1 yr.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I don't know. I bet a lot of people were saying the same thing in '96 when Kotite was coach. Yet Parcells came aboard and look what he did in 1 yr.
    You're right. But Parcells was given incredible power. And he actually liked the challenge of having to turn around a franchise.

I am sure if we are willing to pay enough, we could get whoever we wanted.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Tannenbaum hasn't hit on enough of his draft picks, it's so obvious. And it's inexcusable how he has ignored the skill positions. No good receivers, tight ends or receivers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Watching the Niners game, they are so much better than us at basically every position except CB. Like night and day watching them compared to us. Kaepernick is already a way better player than Sanchez.
    That Niners defense is sick..oh it's not even close Kaepernick is light years ahead of Marky Mark