Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Watching other games, almost every team has better athletes than the Jets

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,187
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I don't know. I bet a lot of people were saying the same thing in '96 when Kotite was coach. Yet Parcells came aboard and look what he did in 1 yr.
    They did have the number 1 draft pick though, but I tend to think that with most things in life, money talks. If the right GM comes along it will come down to compensation as to whether he takes the job or not.

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Tannenbaum hasn't hit on enough of his draft picks, it's so obvious. And it's inexcusable how he has ignored the skill positions. No good receivers, tight ends or receivers.
    Not only that but there has been too many traded away as well.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Really, you have told us that the safety position will not be an issue next year because we have Bush and Allen to start for Bell and Landry, you say the WR position is OK because the "young players will continue to develop", the O line is ok because we have Vlad and Schlauderauff to step in and start. You say the RB position is good with Powell and McKnight, just need a "tweak" as you say.
    I think it was probably more along the lines of "the safety position figures to be much improved this year with the addition of Landry and Bell, and the two draft picks."

    But what you're trying to intimate is that I am trying to suggest Bush is the next Ed Reed.

    Yep, I have said Vlad will probably be competiting for a starting spot next year, I don't think I ever called him the next Alan Faneca, which is your spin.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray, a "proven" coach is going to want to pick his own spot. That will likely be a team that:

    1. Already has a QB or is in position to draft a good prospect.
    2. Has cap room.

    And any GM worth his salt is going to want to pick his own HC. That is how it goes. If Woody insists on keeping Rex, that will eliminate some GM candidates.

    Not sure how you could disagree with any of this. It is common sense. Just look at why Jeff Fisher picked the Rams. They had a young QB AND were in position to take a great one. He chose to trade down and stockpile 1st round picks. They have good nucleus on defense with Long, Laurenitis, Quinn and Jenkins. They also had cap room which allowed him to sign Finnegan.

    On the other hand, we have a handful of albatross contracts and very little young/cheap talent.
    Yeah, no ****.

    First, I don't think there will be any changes this off-season in the front office or with the coaching staff, nor should there be. One bad year shouldn't mean a complete overhaul, not 2 years removed from an AFCCG.

    Tanny is getting too much criticism, it's obvious he and the front office have shifted gears by retooling through the draft and not FA, mostly because their efforts to go for it with the FA moves they made in in the couple of years 2 years ago are now past their window, they will look to cleaning up those contracts this off-season.

  5. #45
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I think it was probably more along the lines of "the safety position figures to be much improved this year with the addition of Landry and Bell, and the two draft picks."

    But what you're trying to intimate is that I am trying to suggest Bush is the next Ed Reed.

    Yep, I have said Vlad will probably be competiting for a starting spot next year, I don't think I ever called him the next Alan Faneca, which is your spin.
    No, when someone brought up the fact that Bell and Landry could be gone next year because they were free agents, you said it was no problem because they have Bush and Allen.

    Go back and read what you write, the fact you are OK with Vlad and Schladerauff as starters next year tells us everything we need to know.

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Youth is one thing, quality is another... Bush, Allen or Gates cant be counted on as they are bottom feeders of the roster and dont see much time anyways. We need guys who can play and more importantly who make a difference when they are in the game. Wilkerson and Kerley are examples, they make a difference out there - they bring numbers, make plays and pass the eye test.

    We need starting caliber young players and you have to draft well to get them. Plus we should look to up the athletisism of the overall roster. No more slow RBs, slow LBs or short WRs.

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,031
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sanu looked pretty good today.

    Think we might have dropped the ball on that one.
    Nice. You snuck in a Stephen Hill joke.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us