Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the end, who cares about fireman ed. Anybody can lead a chant. The product on the field is the problem and there will continue to be collateral damage as a result. Everybody arguing over this is crazy. He's irrelevant. We have bigger issues.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm a true fan.

I'm fed up with the team.

I'm not walking out of the stadium throwing a public hissy fit to make things worse on everyone else.

Next season, I'm paying my invoice, I'll be there in my seats on opening day, not borrowing someone else's random seats all over the joint.

Fireman Ed just quit on the team and its fans and you seem to think it's okay. Wowz.

SAR I
    You're a punk. Fireman Ed is a better person than you, plain and simple.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Nobody will respect you until you accept the challenge to take part in the baldy brawl with Fireman Ed in order for you to earn the role as official paid mascot of the New York Jets!!!!!
    If I give you an autographed football and a photo op will you go away?

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since we moved to MetLife Stadium, Fireman Ed did not pump us up.

I'm sorry, but it's the truth. He's leaving as much for the fact that he's being ignored as he is that he's getting some abuse from fans in his section.

He's also the victim of circumstance. We get into the new stadium we're already Super Bowl favorites for two seasons. Then we utterly collapse for two seasons. In neither instance do we need a male cheerleader to get us into the game.

SAR I
    I normally don't disagree with your opinions, but do you remember the stadium in 07 when he was gone, even during the home opener? It was BEYOND dull.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    You're a punk. Fireman Ed is a better person than you, plain and simple.
    Relax, mate.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I give you an autographed football and a photo op will you go away?

SAR I
    No. I want to see you in a duel with Fireman Ed before one of the games. Remember, I'm not here to entertain you, you're here to entertain me, mate

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Woody Johnson used Fireman Ed as "the face of the fans" several times during the past 10 years. After Thanksgiving night's visible display there was no way he was going to trust him again in my opinion.

SAR I
    Trust him with what? This has nothing to do with what Ed does or what he will do in the future. Wtf is your point?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ed said he's quitting because it got bad now that he's wearing a Sanchez jersey.

So why can't he wear a different uniform number? Go back to wearing his Bruce Harper jersey?

What am I missing?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Ed said he's quitting because it got bad now that he's wearing a Sanchez jersey.

So why can't he wear a different uniform number? Go back to wearing his Bruce Harper jersey?

What am I missing?
    The drama? LOL

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fireman Ed is bald. SAR is bald. If you're bald too and feel you deserve to have a shot at taking Fireman Ed's notoriety, fine, then we can have a triple threat baldy brawl between Fireman Ed, SAR, and you, if you really want!
    I got who is bald, just not sure why you keep referencing that fact?

no I'll pass, I stopped going to games on a regular basis years ago because of the drunk idiots.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

What am I missing?
    If he removes his jersey, then it will make it seem he is quitting on Sanchez, and that will give fans another reason to go after him, not to mention it will give the media another reason to continue to hype the Tebow train.

I give him credit for staying the course.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    How about "Fireman SAR"? There's a vacancy
    There isn't a vacancy if the position was not wanted.

Any season ticket holder in his seats prior to kickoff (me) will tell you, the Jets attempted 5x during the past two seasons to have organized "Fireman Ed Pregame Chants" 10 minutes before the national anthem and no one showed up for them. It must have been a humiliating experience.

And during the game, the Jets PA staff does such a job of bombarding our ears during every second of every moment of downtime that Ed doesn't have time to squeeze in his chanting anymore. Several times he'd get up, start the motions, and then sit right back down because some PC Richards whistle or some Save $1 on Mrs. Fields cookies drowned him out.

Oh, and we have hot female cheerleaders now. They do routines where Ed used to do schtick. I guess the paying customers prefer that.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So those Row 1 seats weren't Ed's apparently if he's not sitting there anymore. Were they owned by the Jets, was he paying for them?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    ed is the face of the jets to all fans not just jets fans.

we are the laughing stock of the nfl.

im sure he takes heat away from the game as well.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

This situation is just another example. Fireman Ed quits on the team and its fans and it's our fault. It's laughable.

SAR I
    Where did he say he's quitting on the team? He's still going to the games, still cheering them on, just not doing it publicly due to a select few A-holes that give him a hard time and ruin the game for him. Supposed FELLOW JETS FANS no less. What an embarrassment.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I got who is bald, just not sure why you keep referencing that fact?
    because it's fun

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There isn't a vacancy if the position was not wanted.

Any season ticket holder in his seats prior to kickoff (me) will tell you, the Jets attempted 5x during the past two seasons to have organized "Fireman Ed Pregame Chants" 10 minutes before the national anthem and no one showed up for them. It must have been a humiliating experience.

And during the game, the Jets PA staff does such a job of bombarding our ears during every second of every moment of downtime that Ed doesn't have time to squeeze in his chanting anymore. Several times he'd get up, start the motions, and then sit right back down because some PC Richards whistle or some Save $1 on Mrs. Fields cookies drowned him out.

Oh, and we have hot female cheerleaders now. They do routines where Ed used to do schtick. I guess the paying customers prefer that.

SAR I
    When do the PSAs about green on green crime start?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Woody Johnson has failed at everything he has done with the JETS including forcing an unpaid super fan to resign . All Fireman Ed did was donate time an energy to the team he loves. He lead the team with its famous chant and donates any money made off his image to the kids of widowed firefighters.

How pathetic do you feel Woody Johnson?

Or are you more concerned with rebuilding Mitt Romney's image for 2016?

PLEASE SELL THE TEAM!!!!
    Nice post.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    I normally don't disagree with your opinions, but do you remember the stadium in 07 when he was gone, even during the home opener? It was BEYOND dull.
    See my other posts.

In Giants Stadium we had peace and quiet between downs, sometimes 3 whole minutes of silence during TV timeouts, and we actually needed someone like Ed to get us into the action.

Flash forward, today in MetLife Stadium is a very different story. Non-stop bombardment of audio and video on our senses, no time or need for J-E-T-S chants, need a bottle of Excedrin Extra Strength just to get home without a migraine.

SAR I