Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 553

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

  1. #201
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the end, who cares about fireman ed. Anybody can lead a chant. The product on the field is the problem and there will continue to be collateral damage as a result. Everybody arguing over this is crazy. He's irrelevant. We have bigger issues.

  2. #202
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm a true fan.

    I'm fed up with the team.

    I'm not walking out of the stadium throwing a public hissy fit to make things worse on everyone else.

    Next season, I'm paying my invoice, I'll be there in my seats on opening day, not borrowing someone else's random seats all over the joint.

    Fireman Ed just quit on the team and its fans and you seem to think it's okay. Wowz.

    SAR I
    You're a punk. Fireman Ed is a better person than you, plain and simple.

  3. #203
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Nobody will respect you until you accept the challenge to take part in the baldy brawl with Fireman Ed in order for you to earn the role as official paid mascot of the New York Jets!!!!!
    If I give you an autographed football and a photo op will you go away?

    SAR I

  4. #204
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,687
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Since we moved to MetLife Stadium, Fireman Ed did not pump us up.

    I'm sorry, but it's the truth. He's leaving as much for the fact that he's being ignored as he is that he's getting some abuse from fans in his section.

    He's also the victim of circumstance. We get into the new stadium we're already Super Bowl favorites for two seasons. Then we utterly collapse for two seasons. In neither instance do we need a male cheerleader to get us into the game.

    SAR I
    I normally don't disagree with your opinions, but do you remember the stadium in 07 when he was gone, even during the home opener? It was BEYOND dull.

  5. #205
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    You're a punk. Fireman Ed is a better person than you, plain and simple.
    Relax, mate.

    -

  6. #206
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If I give you an autographed football and a photo op will you go away?

    SAR I
    No. I want to see you in a duel with Fireman Ed before one of the games. Remember, I'm not here to entertain you, you're here to entertain me, mate

  7. #207
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    37348
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post




    Woody Johnson used Fireman Ed as "the face of the fans" several times during the past 10 years. After Thanksgiving night's visible display there was no way he was going to trust him again in my opinion.

    SAR I
    Trust him with what? This has nothing to do with what Ed does or what he will do in the future. Wtf is your point?

  8. #208
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ed said he's quitting because it got bad now that he's wearing a Sanchez jersey.

    So why can't he wear a different uniform number? Go back to wearing his Bruce Harper jersey?

    What am I missing?

  9. #209
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Ed said he's quitting because it got bad now that he's wearing a Sanchez jersey.

    So why can't he wear a different uniform number? Go back to wearing his Bruce Harper jersey?

    What am I missing?
    The drama? LOL

  10. #210
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Fireman Ed is bald. SAR is bald. If you're bald too and feel you deserve to have a shot at taking Fireman Ed's notoriety, fine, then we can have a triple threat baldy brawl between Fireman Ed, SAR, and you, if you really want!
    I got who is bald, just not sure why you keep referencing that fact?

    no I'll pass, I stopped going to games on a regular basis years ago because of the drunk idiots.

  11. #211
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,927
    Post Thanks / Like

  12. #212
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Ed said he's quitting because it got bad now that he's wearing a Sanchez jersey.

    So why can't he wear a different uniform number? Go back to wearing his Bruce Harper jersey?

    What am I missing?
    If he removes his jersey, then it will make it seem he is quitting on Sanchez, and that will give fans another reason to go after him, not to mention it will give the media another reason to continue to hype the Tebow train.

    I give him credit for staying the course.

  13. #213
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    How about "Fireman SAR"? There's a vacancy
    There isn't a vacancy if the position was not wanted.

    Any season ticket holder in his seats prior to kickoff (me) will tell you, the Jets attempted 5x during the past two seasons to have organized "Fireman Ed Pregame Chants" 10 minutes before the national anthem and no one showed up for them. It must have been a humiliating experience.

    And during the game, the Jets PA staff does such a job of bombarding our ears during every second of every moment of downtime that Ed doesn't have time to squeeze in his chanting anymore. Several times he'd get up, start the motions, and then sit right back down because some PC Richards whistle or some Save $1 on Mrs. Fields cookies drowned him out.

    Oh, and we have hot female cheerleaders now. They do routines where Ed used to do schtick. I guess the paying customers prefer that.

    SAR I

  14. #214
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    10,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    So those Row 1 seats weren't Ed's apparently if he's not sitting there anymore. Were they owned by the Jets, was he paying for them?

  15. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    ed is the face of the jets to all fans not just jets fans.

    we are the laughing stock of the nfl.

    im sure he takes heat away from the game as well.

  16. #216
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    37348
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

    This situation is just another example. Fireman Ed quits on the team and its fans and it's our fault. It's laughable.

    SAR I
    Where did he say he's quitting on the team? He's still going to the games, still cheering them on, just not doing it publicly due to a select few A-holes that give him a hard time and ruin the game for him. Supposed FELLOW JETS FANS no less. What an embarrassment.

  17. #217
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I got who is bald, just not sure why you keep referencing that fact?
    because it's fun

  18. #218
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,263
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There isn't a vacancy if the position was not wanted.

    Any season ticket holder in his seats prior to kickoff (me) will tell you, the Jets attempted 5x during the past two seasons to have organized "Fireman Ed Pregame Chants" 10 minutes before the national anthem and no one showed up for them. It must have been a humiliating experience.

    And during the game, the Jets PA staff does such a job of bombarding our ears during every second of every moment of downtime that Ed doesn't have time to squeeze in his chanting anymore. Several times he'd get up, start the motions, and then sit right back down because some PC Richards whistle or some Save $1 on Mrs. Fields cookies drowned him out.

    Oh, and we have hot female cheerleaders now. They do routines where Ed used to do schtick. I guess the paying customers prefer that.

    SAR I
    When do the PSAs about green on green crime start?

  19. #219
    Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    12,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    37348
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Woody Johnson has failed at everything he has done with the JETS including forcing an unpaid super fan to resign . All Fireman Ed did was donate time an energy to the team he loves. He lead the team with its famous chant and donates any money made off his image to the kids of widowed firefighters.

    How pathetic do you feel Woody Johnson?

    Or are you more concerned with rebuilding Mitt Romney's image for 2016?

    PLEASE SELL THE TEAM!!!!
    Nice post.

  20. #220
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    I normally don't disagree with your opinions, but do you remember the stadium in 07 when he was gone, even during the home opener? It was BEYOND dull.
    See my other posts.

    In Giants Stadium we had peace and quiet between downs, sometimes 3 whole minutes of silence during TV timeouts, and we actually needed someone like Ed to get us into the action.

    Flash forward, today in MetLife Stadium is a very different story. Non-stop bombardment of audio and video on our senses, no time or need for J-E-T-S chants, need a bottle of Excedrin Extra Strength just to get home without a migraine.

    SAR I

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us