Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yes. Another SAR-fest. Not surprised. Ed's getting more attention.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "The fact that a fan would need to write a column explaining his rationale for quitting what is an unpaid, unofficial "job" is comical yet predictable."

I said this last night, he should have just let the last two games play out, do a couple of chants, and then fade. All he's done is made himself the target of more vitriol unnecessarily. He didn't need to go out like this. Now that he has, he gets what he deserves.

SAR I
    Pretty funny coming from the guy who has been shamelessly ridiculing Rex and calling for his job since at least the spring...You are an amazingly hypocritical blowhard ..But what else is new?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the ugly truth......Fireman Ed is about as close to management as most fans will ever come in contact with. And unfortunately, Ed has become a sounding board for fans and their frustrations. There's a reason owners retreat to secure quarters on game day, tucked away from the liquored up masses. People shelling out hundreds if not thousands, taking loans out to own PSLs....and then be entertained by a horrendous product with very little hope in sight. Sorry Ed....but what did you think was going to happen. They don't put cheerleaders in the stands for obvious reasons. Ed willingly became more than a super fan, he became a prop for the team. Just read his "resignation"...."the Fireman Ed character" has been put to bed. He admits it now....his Sunday gig is over and he will no longer be in character. Thanks for the memories. Now enjoy the game as an everyday fan and not as a prop.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing how you can unplug from this site for a couple of years, checking in sporadically to see what's what - and know before you even get here what is going to be said, and who's going to be saying it.

The stadium has become a huge, beer-fueled version of the Landing Strip, with snarky dweebs transformed into drunken douchebags.

Ed and the Jets chant were a great, positive part of the gameday experience and will be missed - I'm certain whatever replaces him won't be nearly as effective.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edcopp View Post
    Amazing how you can unplug from this site for a couple of years, checking in sporadically to see what's what - and know before you even get here what is going to be said, and who's going to be saying it.

The stadium has become a huge, beer-fueled version of the Landing Strip, with snarky dweebs transformed into drunken douchebags.

Ed and the Jets chant were a great, positive part of the gameday experience and will be missed - I'm certain whatever replaces him won't be nearly as effective.
    the long gone blue collar fans appreciated fireman ed and what he did. the new and improved psl fan feel its all eds fault we are losing. the blame game its always the bottom feeders fault.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just use harry belefontes "Day-O". And then we can chant "Day-O" back. That really gets you fired up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Well said.
    This is completely off-topic here, but do you remember how different this website and the game-day experience were 10 years ago? When I stumbled across this place and 16H I felt like I had found something really special. I actually met a lot of really good Jets fans who welcomed all of us into a tailgate party like we were long-time friends. LimoLady, Jetman, General Lee, Murph, Jumba, Sooth, LG&M, etc...

Somewhere along the line the entire thing here got transformed into proving how much cooler you are than other posters, 16H dissolved, and the stadium gameday experience went from being largely fun to tense, antagonistic, and borderline dangerous.

I, for one, understand where Fireman Ed is coming from.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There are a measly 2 home games left in the season. 2 hours of football before the nightmare ends.

If Fireman Ed were truly the loyal goodie-goodie you portray him to be, he'd have shown up for Arizona and San Diego, did a handful of J-E-T-S cheers, and faded into February. Come June, announce that he's getting older and retiring from public view, just going to attend games quietly.

That would be the classy, correct thing to do. Would have protected his image, left some value in the Fireman Ed brand. Instead, he pulls this public stunt to draw more attention to himself to the detriment to the very team he supposedly bled green for all these years.

While I appreciate your point of view on his resignation, perhaps you should consider the fact that how he handled it won't sit well with many people.

SAR I
    LOL

I can't stay mad at you; damn maniac. Very well played.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Just use harry belefontes "Day-O". And then we can chant "Day-O" back. That really gets you fired up.
    No way, nothing gets a bunch of grown men fired up like Sweet Caroline....bum bum bum!!!!

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    J
    I KNEW IT!

Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 11-26-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: can't see **** on that tappertalk

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the change Woody has given us...Not Rex, Not Sanchez, Not Tanny...

Fireman ****ing Ed.

This team is a joke.

(I know Woody has 0 to do with Ed, but this is just a metaphor for this disaster)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sunday will be fun watching about 30 or so fans looking to be the next Fireman Ed, trying to lead the Jets chant.

Personally, the Thanksgiving night game was a joke as many of the regular STH did not attend. I did not really see any of the regulars by me and that included the guys I usually go with. To me it was like a preseason game atmoshpere, people getting cheap tix and going. There were a lot of amateur fans and those are the ones who do not usually behave...

Woody got what he wanted... more negative press resulting from a game he requested...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys should start a petition to give the position of official team mascot to this guy. And have him sit directly in front of SAR.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    LOL

I can't stay mad at you; damn maniac. Very well played.

Chet knows how much you love music.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Chet" will die for your sins

"Forgive them Woody for they know not what they do"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad he is moving on, hopefully someone else will take up the trade mark cheer. He was utterly stupid to wear a Sanchez jersey though and deserves abuse if he kept wearing it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This is completely off-topic here, but do you remember how different this website and the game-day experience were 10 years ago? When I stumbled across this place and 16H I felt like I had found something really special. I actually met a lot of really good Jets fans who welcomed all of us into a tailgate party like we were long-time friends. LimoLady, Jetman, General Lee, Murph, Jumba, Sooth, LG&M, etc...

Somewhere along the line the entire thing here got transformed into proving how much cooler you are than other posters, 16H dissolved, and the stadium gameday experience went from being largely fun to tense, antagonistic, and borderline dangerous.

I, for one, understand where Fireman Ed is coming from.
    It was something really special!!! Some of the best times I ever had.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Too bad he is moving on, hopefully someone else will take up the trade mark cheer. He was utterly stupid to wear a Sanchez jersey though and deserves abuse if he kept wearing it.
    Sanchez blows but that's no reason to chastise a dude for wearing his jersey. WTF

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    It was something really special!!! Some of the best times I ever had.
    You know when I was carving up our turkey on Thanksgiving, I thought of you as I seperated the drumstick from the body...