Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

I know some don't think much of the guy, but I liked Ed. He was part of a unique fan experience and brought a sense of community and solidarity to the fanbase. It's a shame things got frustrating enough for him to hang it up. We're all disappointed with the team's direction and performance but that doesn't give people a pass to get so rude and personal. I just hope once this season's over some sanity is restored to this franchise.

Hall Of Fame
    It is pretty bad that people gave him s**t the way they did. Who was he hurting?? Were guys THAT jealous of the attention he got? They gave him s**t because he wore the jersey of the starting QB of the team. Its not like he wore a Tebow jersey, then I could see why people would give him s**t.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    You are one of the confrontational *******s he's talking about ray. The fact that you totally missed that and decided to attack other jet fans while agreeing with him in your post, Proves you a sociopath or a pure maniac.
    THIS guy GETS IT.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    What a disgrace! This tells you all you need to know about some of the idiots/ignorant jackasses that attend sporting events.

Thanks firemen Ed. You will be missed.
    Jets fans are becoming a disgrace!!!

Now we are attacking Fireman ED in the stands!!!

Good Grief!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Jets fans are becoming a disgrace!!!

Now we are attacking Fireman ED in the stands!!!

Good Grief!!
    sad state of affairs from a fan base that was supposed to improve with the psls.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Ragoots, you make much more sense with the new liver.

Sometimes I think im gone and this Guys liver is calling all the shots. I dont care though hot chick new car nice condo.

Sometimes I think im gone and this Guys liver is calling all the shots. I dont care though hot chick new car nice condo.
    Some guys get all the luck

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I bet you're in your glory right now. The sad thing is is that no one knows who you are, and no one will ever know who you are. You're not important. You're not even a blip on the radar. You get your thrills based on how many people click on your threads and respond to you inane posts, but in reality your another middle-management prig in a North Jersey McMansion, probably drowning in debt.
    I'm not in any glory right now. Any time another Jets fan is hurting its unfortunate as we are a family.

I do not get your vitriol towards me. Ed does not know me. I did not cause Ed to resign.

SAR I

You are one of the confrontational *******s he's talking about ray. The fact that you totally missed that and decided to attack other jet fans while agreeing with him in your post, Proves you a sociopath or a pure maniac.
    No, I'm the guy that would love to take a shot at some of the *******s that harrassed him.

The irony is, I feel like Ed on this board all because I chose to be optimistic about the team and not rip it apart, so fans want to rip me apart.

I'm confrontational with the people that are confrontational, there is a difference, only you and so many others don't see this, and are too blinded by the hate flowing all over this board.

I'm the guy that hates to see the divide, that hates to see Jets fans killing other Jets fans...

No my friend, I didn't miss a damn thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Some guys get all the luck
    Or in the case of Ragu and the Hot Chick :

Some guys get all the ----

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    It is pretty bad that people gave him s**t the way they did. Who was he hurting?? Were guys THAT jealous of the attention he got?
    Let's clear this misnomer up:

No one was jealous of Fireman Ed. I think I speak for most people when I say we don't aspire to grow up to be a mascot. And jealous of what? The fact that he was on TV? The fact that he could spell a four-letter word? It's not like he did something that special to be jealous of.

If you ask me the root-cause of the reason that most fans disliked Fireman Ed, I can answer that.

SAR I

one problem is too many season ticket holders have dumped their tickets on the secondary market. the tickets have been purchased by opposing fans. way too many opposing fans in our building. we are the only nfl fans who get beat up at our home games.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    No, I'm the guy that would love to take a shot at some of the *******s that harrassed him.

The irony is, I feel like Ed on this board all because I chose to be optimistic about the team and not rip it apart, so fans want to rip me apart.

I'm confrontational with the people that are confrontational, there is a difference, only you and so many others don't see this, and are too blinded by the hate flowing all over this board.

I'm the guy that hates to see the divide, that hates to see Jets fans killing other Jets fans...

No my friend, I didn't miss a damn thing!
    You spent the entire summer abusing Jets fans simply because they disagreed with you. You seem to feel that because you are Mr. Optimistic it gives you some special privileges, like we need a mini-mod running around policing every thread.

We accept your resignation.

SAR I

I bet you're in your glory right now. The sad thing is is that no one knows who you are, and no one will ever know who you are. You're not important. You're not even a blip on the radar. You get your thrills based on how many people click on your threads and respond to you inane posts, but in reality your another middle-management prig in a North Jersey McMansion, probably drowning in debt.
    I like SAR. His opinions about the team are definitely completely off the wall, but I still think he has a right to state them.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Any time another Jets fan is hurting its unfortunate as we are a family.

SAR I
    You have blue collar scum in your family?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Exhibit A right here..

Very sad indeed.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Don't blame him one bit...Ed is a great guy. Jets fans should be ashamed
    +1, and it should not get to this level.

That blows, it really does. The guy's biggest crime was that he was a passionate Jets fan. The Jets P.R. department tried to parlay that into something bigger than it was, and through no fault of his own, it actually worked for a while.

People resented him, why? Jealousy, I suppose. Or just the bald, baseless resentment that is the result of being an ******* in general. "Hey, that guy is having fun interacting with fans -- **** him!" Well, there you go, you bores. The Jets lost the last thing that actually made going to games an enjoyable experience.

Thanks for the memories, Ed.
    Very nice post

I do not get your vitriol towards me. SAR I
    That's easy, do you read what you posts?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'm not in any glory right now. Any time another Jets fan is hurting its unfortunate as we are a family.

I do not get your vitriol towards me. Ed does not know me. I did not cause Ed to resign.

SAR I
    Check your PMs