Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I bet you're in your glory right now. The sad thing is is that no one knows who you are, and no one will ever know who you are. You're not important. You're not even a blip on the radar. You get your thrills based on how many people click on your threads and respond to you inane posts, but in reality your another middle-management prig in a North Jersey McMansion, probably drowning in debt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    No, I'm the guy that would love to take a shot at some of the *******s that harrassed him.

The irony is, I feel like Ed on this board all because I chose to be optimistic about the team and not rip it apart, so fans want to rip me apart.

I'm confrontational with the people that are confrontational, there is a difference, only you and so many others don't see this, and are too blinded by the hate flowing all over this board.

I'm the guy that hates to see the divide, that hates to see Jets fans killing other Jets fans...

No my friend, I didn't miss a damn thing!
    Ok. I forgive you. Let's all start fresh

Veteran
    The problem is that real Jet fans are no longer in the seats because of being priced out by PSL. You now have these wine sipping idiots at games that think Tebow is the answer. This has all snowballed into to other stadium issues which one of them being Ed harassed by these idiots. Ed you will be missed.

All League
    People are jealous of me for winning the confidence poll all the time and for being smartest guy on the board...doesn't bother me....I am not resigning...no way!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    People are jealous of me for winning the confidence poll all the time and for being smartest guy on the board...
    Yeah, that must be it.

All League
    Sad day for *********.... its crazy that you have to be fearful of your own safety watching your team play at home....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Check your PMs
    Realliously

Hall Of Fame
    Sad? No. The guy is still going to a game. Let's see if the fans can actually cheer with a grown man telling them to do so.

What's sad is the record of our team thats only 2 years removed from back to back AFC championships. What's sad is our regressing QB. What's sad is that another year is coming to an end and we'll be watching the Patriots get ANOTHER first round bye.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    People are jealous of me for winning the confidence poll all the time and for being smartest guy on the board...doesn't bother me....I am not resigning...no way!!

And you're so handsome. Things mom said to him for a thousand Alex!

Hall Of Fame
    I will become the new fireman and you can call me Fireman Brian. I will be in section 235 look for me everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You spent the entire summer abusing Jets fans simply because they disagreed with you. You seem to feel that because you are Mr. Optimistic it gives you some special privileges, like we need a mini-mod running around policing every thread.

We accept your resignation.

SAR I
    I bash fans that bash others, that use this forum as a venue to stroke their own ego, you are #1 on the list.

Am I brash? Yes

Am I wrong for it? Yes

Do I regret doing it? Yes

Do I think I do it for the right reasons, and in response to what I think is poor behavior? Yes

Fans like you are despicable and pathetic, fans that harrassed Ed are scum of the worst kind.

I have no interest in proving my own self worth, my ego, even my fandom, it's never about me being better than anybody or anything.

It's always, and has ONLY been about being a fan.

I envy the fan bases that support their teams to the CORE.

Of course, some or many will immediately construe this as meaning I think fans can't be unhappy or exert their disgust when things don't go well, NO, that isn't it.

But there are fan bases out there we should be emulating, but the problem is, there are too many in this fan base, in this area really, because of where we live and the life styles we have, that are COMPLETE *******S, and have a sense of entitlement.

There is a reason why down south they call it "southern hopsitality." There is a reason why so many defect from this area when they get older, which is something I'm most DEFINITELY going to do once my career winds down, because it is the ONLY thing keeping me in this pathetic area of the country, there are too many scumbags that don't know how to act.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 11-25-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Just another blow to a franchise in such HUGE decline.

From the team owner and his horrible money-grabbing behemoth piece of crap stadium.....

To the front office......

To the coaching staff......

To the bundle of backstabbing gutless ("anonymous") overpaid under-performing players.......

To the embarrassing hateful obnoxious a**hole fans who've infiltrated since the new stadium opened and have resorted in attacking their own brethren.....

This franchise is such a clusterf*ck right now.

I don't think I've ever been this embarrassed being a Jets fan.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Let's clear this misnomer up:

No one was jealous of Fireman Ed. I think I speak for most people when I say we don't aspire to grow up to be a mascot. And jealous of what? The fact that he was on TV? The fact that he could spell a four-letter word? It's not like he did something that special to be jealous of.

If you ask me the root-cause of the reason that most fans disliked Fireman Ed, I can answer that.

SAR I
    I dont know, I think some guys felt that THEY deserved more attention for being a loyal, season ticket paying, fan of the Jets. They were annoyed because of the attention he got when leading the stadium in the Jets chant. I could see someone sitting in the mezzanine thinking, hey all you fans should be looking at me, I am as important, if not more important, as this fireman. I have paid all this money and spent all this time going to games, you should be looking at me, not some fireman.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger View Post
    I will become the new fireman and you can call me Fireman Brian. I will be in section 235 look for me everybody.
    Firefighter and Ex-Dolphin fan?

Personally, I have no issues with him. But I know a lot of people who hate him because of certain things he does like trying to do a chant while on offense or making stupid faces and acting like he really needs to prod us. People believe he's an egomaniac for whatever reason. I've never met the guy so I don't know. I know the chant is better when somebody leads everybody, I don't care who that person is. It could be a drunk Gastineau. LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Firefighter and Ex-Dolphin fan?
    i could never root for the dolphins...disgusting team.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Just another blow to a franchise in such HUGE decline.

From the team owner and his horrible money-grabbing behemoth piece of crap stadium.....

To the front office......

To the coaching staff......

To the bundle of backstabbing gutless ("anonymous") overpaid under-performing players.......

To the embarrassing hateful obnoxious a**hole fans who've infiltrated since the new stadium opened and have resorted in attacking their own brethren.....

This franchise is such a clusterf*ck right now.

I don't think I've ever been this embarrassed being a Jets fan.
    couldnt agree more just when you think this organization has sunken to an all time low (thanksgiving blowout loss) this happens.

ive said it for years diehard fans are the most resilent in the nfl.

meanwhile the giants are steam rolling the packers. wow

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I bash fans that bash others, that use this forum as a venue to stroke their own ego, you are #1 on the list.

Am I brash? Yes

Am I wrong for it? Yes

Do I regret doing it? Yes

Do I think I do it for the right reasons, and in response to what I think is poor behavior? Yes

Fans like you are despicable and pathetic, fans that harrassed you are scum of the worst kind.

I have no interest in proving my own self worth, my ego, even my fandom, it's never about me being better than anybody or anything.

It's always, and has ONLY been about being a fan.

I envy the fan bases that support their teams to the CORE.

Of course, some or many will immediately construe this as meaning I think fans can't be unhappy or exert their disgust when things don't go well, NO, that isn't it.

But there are fan bases out there we should be emulating, but the problem is, there are too many in this fan base, in this area really, because of where we live and the life styles we have, that are COMPLETE *******S, and have a sense of entitlement.

There is a reason why down south they call it "southern hopsitality." There is a reason why so many defect from this area when they get older, which is something I'm most DEFINITELY going to do once my career winds down, because it is the ONLY thing keeping me in this pathetic area of the country, there are too many scums that don't know how to act.
    SAR in July: "I think the Jets quit on Rex Ryan and we're going 5-11."

Rah in July: "F-ck you you f-cking troll!"

Yeah, that's righteous behavior to another fellow Jets fan whose opinion just differs from yours.

And what are you talking about with this "ego" stuff? This is a discussion forum for entertainment purposes. I am not trying to be a popular poster. I am just voicing my opinions which a) usually go against the grain and b) usually are correct. If posters become popular because their theories are accurate that's deserved, not manufactured.

No one has asked you or deputized you to be the "ego police" on Jets Insider. This is a discussion forum, not a popularity contest, not a fanclub.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    You know the franchise is a joke when the mascot quits.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Personally, I have no issues with him. But I know a lot of people who hate him because of certain things he does like trying to do a chant while on offense or making stupid faces and acting like he really needs to prod us. People believe he's an egomaniac for whatever reason. I've never met the guy so I don't know. I know the chant is better when somebody leads everybody, I don't care who that person is. It could be a drunk Gastineau. LOL
    There was a guy in our section about 10 years ago who tried to lead a Jets chant while drunk, and he actually spelled Jets. J-T-E-S. ....LOL.