Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Fireman Ed had to "resign" because there was no way Woody Johnson was going to let him back into the fold.....So this "resignation" letter is nothing more than a way to circumvent the inevitable- his excommunication.

SAR I
    I laughed at the excommunication part only because nobody is held accountable in this organization, but you think the fake mascot will be punished.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    So true, Joe.
    It's brutal Sean I sent messages to my kids about this both back at college tonight, after that miserable Thanksgiving night at the stadium. They are bummed, I remember Ed posing with my son years ago at 16H and letting him wear his hat, Matt loved it.

Ed was good for Jets fans even if some don't get it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    +1.

this is not just a Jets problem. Pat Patriot could be next.

Where is Goodell????
    dude...don't be dickish....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Holy crap, you are just a pathetic waste of ****ing space.

Done responding to it. How someone can actually think that is so beyond f-ed up, it's laughable at this point

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I laughed at the excommunication part only because nobody is held accountable in this organization, but you think the fake mascot will be punished.

Lol, such a good point.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Oh the drama of your experience.

Dude, the "face" was schtick and everyone knew it. Second, you didnt have to stand, just say the friggen words if you cared to. Third, like I mentioned before, you are the furthest thing from a 12th man Ive ever seen at a game, to the point where I dont know why you even bother attending, frankly.

So stop.

-
    You must have me confused with another fan in the cushy Club section you were sitting in (ironic) as I bang the metal ribbon board vigorously on every third down without prompting so long as the team is reciprocating in their level of play.

You seem to have witnessed me during the Miami game which was a miserable 30-9 loss in which we were down 20 points at halftime. So, yeah, like everyone else in the stadium I'm not going to make much noise for the defense or do a J-E-T-S chant when the team I'm making an effort to see isn't making an effort for me.

Use a time machine to see me at the Week 1 Ravens game in '10, the Packers game in '02, every game in '09, the 10+ road trips I've taken to see this team play in cities like New England, Kansas City, San Diego, Green Bay, Jacksonville, and Indianapolis. Judge me then.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Yes. Yes I am.

If you are dumb enough to tell everyone where your seats are and then dumb enough to post your photo on this site, and then dumb enough to criticize other fans for what they do at games....and then I'm lucky enough out of sh*t luck to buy tickets virtually next to you...and see you sit on your hands for most of the game.....then guess what?

-
    You should try to buy tickets at games in the future next to different JI posters and evaluate their performances as fans and then make a post rating each one on here after, that would be pretty cool, mate, imo

this is excellent news.

Now Woody has a spot to demote Tanny to.

Tanny will lead the chants in 2013.

So is SAR going to solicit for "Briefcase Bob" now? (lol)

Jets Insider VIP
    I know it has little to no chance of happening but I hope the FO reads the articles and starts to sweat a bit....

Fireman Ed had to "resign" because there was no way Woody Johnson was going to let him back into the fold.

We may view him as an average fan, but to the rest of the NFL he's a part of the Jets organization and you can't have a high profile mascot walk out on the team. Can't happen.

So this "resignation" letter is nothing more than a way to circumvent the inevitable- his excommunication. And he's doing it in a way that draws more attention to himself, something that fans who don't appreciate him will be turned off by yet again.

SAR I
    Wow, you waste no opportunity to illustrate for us what a huge ahole you really are.....get over yourself.

Firemen Ed is a diehard fan. I, and thousands of oter Jets fans, appreciate wat he did for our team/fanbase. We get it, you don't like him. No need to piss on the guy. Also, don;t blame him for the recognition he received as our #1 fan. That's how life works. Besides, firemen Ed deserves all the praise he gets.

You must have me confused with another fan in the cushy Club section you were sitting in (ironic) as I bang the metal ribbon board vigorously on every third down without prompting so long as the team is reciprocating in their level of play.

You seem to have witnessed me during the Miami game which was a miserable 30-9 loss in which we were down 20 points at halftime. So, yeah, like everyone else in the stadium I'm not going to make much noise for the defense or do a J-E-T-S chant when the team I'm making an effort to see isn't making an effort for me.

Use a time machine to see me at the Week 1 Ravens game in '10, the Packers game in '02, every game in '09, the 10+ road trips I've taken to see this team play in cities like New England, Kansas City, San Diego, Green Bay, Jacksonville, and Indianapolis. Judge me then.

SAR I
    Yep. Nobody was complaining about your performance as a fan when you traveled to Green Bay for week 1 of the 2000 season (wearing your brand new Chad Pennington jersey) going to a city where there is nothing else but three things to do: Tip Cows, Stand in line at Dairy Queen, or go to Lambeau Field. Nobody heaped any praise on you for that sacrifice, and yet, Fireman Ed gets all the attention, it's just not fair, mate! It's a conspiracy to hold you down from getting the recognition you deserve as a loyal fan!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    this is excellent news.

Now Woody has a spot to demote Tanny to.

Tanny will lead the chants in 2013.
    He can sit on Rex's shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I really don't get why people hate the guy.

I tailgated with him once last year and he's a really good guy.

Thanks for leading the chant all these years Ed.
    Fireman Ed is a classy guy who donated every penny made on being "Fireman Ed" to the kids of widowed firefighters. I know him personally (from the same neighborhood growing up) and my father worked with him for many years in the NYFD.

He is nothing but total class.

The opposite of our current owner and HC

I am not surprised that he has stepped down as Fireman Ed.

He has too much class for these current clowns

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    I know it has little to no chance of happening but I hope the FO reads the articles and starts to sweat a bit....
    This is what I'm hoping for as well: chaos that leads to meaningful positive change.

SAR I
    Look at me. Look at me.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    You should try to buy tickets at games in the future next to different JI posters and evaluate their performances as fans and then make a post rating each one on here after, that would be pretty cool, mate, imo
    Irony escapes you, mate.

-

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Dude, your cluelessness has reached record levels. Woody has nothing to to with anything that Ed does during game day and never has. Ed does what he wants and would continue to do so as long as he wants.

Woody Johnson used Fireman Ed as "the face of the fans" several times during the past 10 years. After Thanksgiving night's visible display there was no way he was going to trust him again in my opinion.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I bang the metal ribbon board vigorously on every third down without prompting so long as the team is reciprocating in their level of play.

Lmao...Dan Akroyd in Trading Places.

-