Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 553

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

  1. #161
    What if we all chip in to buy ad space for billboards near the stadium to ask Fireman Ed to reconsider?

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post




    Woody Johnson used Fireman Ed as "the face of the fans" several times during the past 10 years. After Thanksgiving night's visible display there was no way he was going to trust him again in my opinion.

    SAR I
    Why don't you just admit that you're jealous of the fact that Fireman Ed is also a baldy, but for some reason he has all the notoriety among Jets fans, while you have none?

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    You should try to buy tickets at games in the future next to different JI posters and evaluate their performances as fans and then make a post rating each one on here after, that would be pretty cool, mate, imo
    Every basement-dwelling pretzel-eating non-season ticket holder has an opinion of those who actually make an effort to go to every game. We don't make enough noise. We don't create an intimidating atmosphere. We show up late. We leave early. Very easy to judge when you spend no money, spend no time, make no effort.

    This situation is just another example. Fireman Ed quits on the team and its fans and it's our fault. It's laughable.

    SAR I

  4. #164
    This has been suggested before, but it's appropriate now more than ever imo.


    How about we organize a "baldy brawl" in the parking lot before one of the games between SAR I and Fireman Ed, and the winner of this showdown gets to take over as the leader of the Jets chant?

    Who's with me???

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    What if we all chip in to buy ad space for billboards near the stadium to ask Fireman Ed to reconsider?
    I hope you are joking.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I hope you are joking.
    No. If we were willing to buy ad space to have Rex fired or Tannenbaum or whoever, why don't we do the same to try to get Fireman Ed back?

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    So is SAR going to solicit for "Briefcase Bob" now? (lol)

    You know, I do have Row 1 seats and have a couple of cameras around me. Nothing in my PSL agreement says I can't toss $1 dollar bills down from the Mezzanine to the throngs below.

    Hmm.

    SAR I

  8. #168
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    I know it has little to no chance of happening but I hope the FO reads the articles and starts to sweat a bit....
    They'll definitely read the article but will they care?

    I belive so, he is one of the biggest Jets fans, they obviously cared enough to give him perks here and there. So yes I belive they are definitely starting to sweat a little.

    By the way to the guys giving him crap. Remember when he wasn't around for a couple of games. And the big board would always show someone random to lead the chant. And half the time is wasn't very loud. My first Jets game was when I was 12 and to the Jets vs Dolphins. We won but when I heard that Jets chant I thought It was incredible. It would be so loud and you really felt a sense of Belongingess. Sadly I was at the pats game on thanksgiving and Im happy I was there now. Just because I was there for his last chant..

    Yea Im really stoned

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    I know it has little to no chance of happening but I hope the FO reads the articles and starts to sweat a bit....
    Why?

    Because an old guy doing a tired old chant decided to take his sour puss off camera? I'm sure that's going to cost us at least 3 games a year, maybe 4.

    SAR I

  10. #170
    @nyjetscap: For those who don't remember Ed left before in 2005. I don't recall if it was back related or he was upset at them not choosing ny but...

    @nyjetscap: It was a complete dud of a crowd without him leading the chants. The #jets tried to phase him out later on putting others on screen to lead

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    You know, I do have Row 1 seats and have a couple of cameras around me. Nothing in my PSL agreement says I can't toss $1 dollar bills down from the Mezzanine to the throngs below.

    Hmm.

    SAR I
    Then have the guts to battle Fireman Ed in order to earn the right to become the next Jets' paid mascot

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He can sit on Rex's shoulders.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    No. If we were willing to buy ad space to have Rex fired or Tannenbaum or whoever, why don't we do the same to try to get Fireman Ed back?
    When were we willing to do such things?

  14. #174
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,002
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Every basement-dwelling pretzel-eating non-season ticket holder has an opinion of those who actually make an effort to go to every game. We don't make enough noise. We don't create an intimidating atmosphere. We show up late. We leave early. Very easy to judge when you spend no money, spend no time, make no effort.
    WHo is we? You have bashed virtually every other fan other than yourself that does bother to show up at every game. Problem is, you need to be at a tennis match. You just havent realized it for 20 years.


    -

  15. #175
    What a ****ing joke this fan base is. What did the guy ever do? Pump up the ****ing stadium?!?! Joke.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Wow, you waste no opportunity to illustrate for us what a huge ahole you really are.....get over yourself.

    Firemen Ed is a diehard fan. I, and thousands of oter Jets fans, appreciate wat he did for our team/fanbase. We get it, you don't like him. No need to piss on the guy. Also, don;t blame him for the recognition he received as our #1 fan. That's how life works. Besides, firemen Ed deserves all the praise he gets.
    I am not pissing on him.

    Just saying that if sg3 declared on a blog that he's done with the Jets and is leaving we'd all call him a quitter and disloyal and a bunch of really bad names.

    Fireman Ed does it and it's, oh poor Ed, what have we done, it's out fault, we're horrible fans, just terrible people.

    Please.

    SAR I

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I am not pissing on him.

    Just saying that if sg3 declared on a blog that he's done with the Jets and is leaving we'd all call him a quitter and disloyal and a bunch of really bad names.

    Fireman Ed does it and it's, oh poor Ed, what have we done, it's out fault, we're horrible fans, just terrible people.

    Please.

    SAR I
    BALDY BRAWL

    BALDY BRAWL

    BALDY BRAWL

    BALDY BRAWL

    BALDY BRAWL

    BALDY BRAWL

    BALDY BRAWL

    BALDY BRAWL

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @nyjetscap: For those who don't remember Ed left before in 2005. I don't recall if it was back related or he was upset at them not choosing ny but...

    @nyjetscap: It was a complete dud of a crowd without him leading the chants. The #jets tried to phase him out later on putting others on screen to lead
    It was a dud because our team sucked and we had no reason to cheer. History repeats itself.

  19. #179
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,001
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Why?

    Because an old guy doing a tired old chant decided to take his sour puss off camera? I'm sure that's going to cost us at least 3 games a year, maybe 4.

    SAR I
    No...that someone considered a "true" fan is fed up with the team...and that they need to start thinking about ways of making wholesale changes before they lose the whole fanbase....


    by the way...you are really dropping the ball...quit while you're behind.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    What if we all chip in to buy ad space for billboards near the stadium to ask Fireman Ed to reconsider?
    I just registered WheresFiremanEd.com and am in the process of creating an app and a children's book in the 'Where's Waldo' mold.

    Reaching out to the 'Flat Stanley' people, too.

    SAR I

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us