Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    What a disgrace! This tells you all you need to know about some of the idiots/ignorant jackasses that attend sporting events.

Thanks firemen Ed. You will be missed.
    +1

Unfortunately this is a microcosm of what our society is becoming, whether you liked "Fireman Ed" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    What?? He taking abuse; what are tyou doing for "Jets Pride"? When the team has a winning identity he can come back; he's a damn fan that's all. He doesn't run my fandom.
    This doesn't even make sense. It's not about you. And if he comes back only when the team is winning, it would prove that his reason is BS.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    his job was basically to guilt us into standing up and chanting over and over again every game. And if we didn't want to, just didn't feel like doing the chant at that moment, we'd get the "oh, I'm so disappointed in you" face and feel coerced to participate.
    Oh the drama of your experience.

Dude, the "face" was schtick and everyone knew it. Second, you didnt have to stand, just say the friggen words if you cared to. Third, like I mentioned before, you are the furthest thing from a 12th man Ive ever seen at a game, to the point where I dont know why you even bother attending, frankly.

So stop.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Do you know how much the Jets make on alcohol sales on game day? The number is staggering. This is not happening.
    Not only that, but the advertising revenue the league and networks get is mind boggling.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You know the franchise is a joke when the mascot quits.
    Didn't Pat the Patriot get arrested last year for being a Perv?

Hall Of Fame
    Tim Tebow has literally ruined this franchise and he doesn't even play.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    I'm on board here with most people and think this is a shame too. I have wondered why Ed did change his Harper jersey for Sanchez (this is not the first time he's done this either). I've also wondered how he ended up getting an end-zone first row seat if he claims he's not on the "payroll"? In the old stadium, this wasn't the case, at least.

All of that said though, I really don't blame him for doing this. The stadium experience has gotten to a point where I don't even care if I ever see another game live or not. The problem is, these days people think buying a ticket gives them the right to do whatever they want in the stadium.
    Fireman Ed had to "resign" because there was no way Woody Johnson was going to let him back into the fold.

We may view him as an average fan, but to the rest of the NFL he's a part of the Jets organization and you can't have a high profile mascot walk out on the team. Can't happen.

So this "resignation" letter is nothing more than a way to circumvent the inevitable- his excommunication. And he's doing it in a way that draws more attention to himself, something that fans who don't appreciate him will be turned off by yet again.

SAR I

Just read this. That's too bad. I can't say I'm surprised though. People are *******s in the stadium (every). Some fan comes in with different team colors and get's harassed all game or worse yet, beat up. Things start going bad, people start trashing symbols that represent the team. The NFL is in bed with the beer companies so the obvious solution of not serving alcohol at games is never going to happen. So from now until the end of time, there will be staggering drunks who lose human decency and become low life animals at games.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Oh the drama of your experience.

Dude, the "face" was schtick and everyone knew it. Second, you didnt have to stand, just say the friggen words if you cared to. Third, like I mentioned before, you are the furthest thing from a 12th man Ive ever seen at a game, to the point where I dont know why you even bother attending, frankly.

So stop.

-
    LOL, What are you, some kind of fan performance evaluator?

Let me know if Jet man retires. That will be sad. Also, the guys who dress like pilots. They are the best. Don't want them grounded.

Are we witnessing the dawning of a new era ? Maybe Sanchez, Tanny and Rex will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post

lol I forgot about that...some kind of prostitute sting...

http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...ho_played.html

All Pro
    No surprise I don't really care one way or the other .

But I know for fact some jets fans are *******s. (there a few on this board) so I could believe him ending up in altercations over a jerseys..

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    FYI, there are many guys who play Pat, one was arrested in a prostitution sting.

Fireman Ed had to "resign" because there was no way Woody Johnson was going to let him back into the fold.

We may view him as an average fan, but to the rest of the NFL he's a part of the Jets organization and you can't have a high profile mascot walk out on the team. Can't happen.

So this "resignation" letter is nothing more than a way to circumvent the inevitable- his excommunication. And he's doing it in a way that draws more attention to himself, something that fans who don't appreciate him will be turned off by yet again.

SAR I

Holy crap, you are just a pathetic waste of ****ing space.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Do you know how much the Jets make on alcohol sales on game day? The number is staggering. This is not happening.
    I agree with you. I don't have kids either. But I think it is very unfortunate that sporting events are becoming increasingly non family-friendly. People just do not know how to act in public.

The fact that firemen Ed has to quit because of some of the idiots at the stadium tells us all we need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Are we witnessing the dawning of a new era ? Maybe Sanchez, Tanny and Rex will follow.
    and woody sell the team to an owner who puts more emphasis on winning than selling psls.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

We may view him as an average fan, but to the rest of the NFL he's a part of the Jets organization and you can't have a high profile mascot walk out on the team. Can't

SAR I
    Dude, your cluelessness has reached record levels. Woody has nothing to to with anything that Ed does during game day and never has. Ed does what he wants and would continue to do so as long as he wants.

What a blow...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    LOL, What are you, some kind of fan performance evaluator?
    Yes. Yes I am.

If you are dumb enough to tell everyone where your seats are and then dumb enough to post your photo on this site, and then dumb enough to criticize other fans for what they do at games....and then I'm lucky enough out of sh*t luck to buy tickets virtually next to you...and see you sit on your hands for most of the game.....then guess what?

-