Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Please go away

Log off, delete your account, to go http://nygiants.com, and just end the sharade.
    You continue to ask me to root for another team and go away when you have no response. This totally shows what an immature fan you really are.

Fireman Ed, the fan that has been a symbol for this organization for years leading its chant resigns in shame under what this current owner has created and yet you continue to support it and anyone who opposes it should "leave."

You cant grasp that you can be a fan AND highly criticize the JETS when the DESERVE it. Woody Johnson and Rex Ryan DESERVE every negative thing written and spoken because they have made the team that I have the most passion for an ABSOLUTE EMBARRASSMENT. I am embarrassed to encourage my kids to root for players, coaches, and an owner who have characteristics that are so undesirable and classless.

And yes, please notice how I have BECOME so negative about this CURRENT team. In past situations I could always find a silver lining, some hope, not with this current owner because it is much deeper than incompetence. The way they treat the paying customer is atrocious. One thing about NY fans is that they are not stupid and this current FO talks to us like we are fools. From over hyping players to reasons why certain players do and dont play. I have never felt so disgusted and embarrassed about the JETS in my entire life and I lived through Hess, Kotite, Carroll, Coslet, Bubby Brister, and the list goes on.

Recognize why so many fans have turned on this CURRENT group that is running the JETS. It is because they DESERVE it. They treat us like idiots one lie after another.

Now Fireman Ed resings? How pathetic Woody Johnson SHOULD feel about what he has created

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Where did he say he's quitting on the team? He's still going to the games, still cheering them on, just not doing it publicly due to a select few A-holes that give him a hard time and ruin the game for him. Supposed FELLOW JETS FANS no less. What an embarrassment.
    i hope the cause of his resignation wasnt the comment here that was made about him being a blue collar loser.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    because it's fun
    oh, you're one of those people...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i hope the cause of his resignation wasnt the comment here that was made about him being a blue collar loser.
    How did the conversation with the local Fire Department in Sar's town go? Did they go after him and his BMW yet?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    How did the conversation with the local Fire Department in Sar's town go? Did they go after him and his BMW yet?
    they are all resigning because of his comments about firefighters.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    they are all resigning because of his comments about firefighters.
    Oh I bet.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There isn't a vacancy if the position was not wanted.

Any season ticket holder in his seats prior to kickoff (me) will tell you, the Jets attempted 5x during the past two seasons to have organized "Fireman Ed Pregame Chants" 10 minutes before the national anthem and no one showed up for them. It must have been a humiliating experience.

And during the game, the Jets PA staff does such a job of bombarding our ears during every second of every moment of downtime that Ed doesn't have time to squeeze in his chanting anymore. Several times he'd get up, start the motions, and then sit right back down because some PC Richards whistle or some Save $1 on Mrs. Fields cookies drowned him out.

Oh, and we have hot female cheerleaders now. They do routines where Ed used to do schtick. I guess the paying customers prefer that.

SAR I
    In all honesty I wish Joe Nolan would quit as PA announcer his voice and the shrill "it's a Jets ..." first down, drives me nuts

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trust him with what? This has nothing to do with what Ed does or what he will do in the future. Wtf is your point?
    My point is that Woody Johnson isn't very good at many things, but he is quite adept at getting the media to cover his team in a positive light (up until very recently).

So if I'm Woody Johnson and I've empowered a single fan to be a representative of my brand to millions of people, there's an unspoken trust there. And Ed just broke it. My opinion, after Thanksgiving night and the very public walkout, Woody would have broken off ties with Ed and had his role reduced, could put a stop to the chant too just by changing the timing of the PA during commercial breaks.

The Jets are a multibillion dollar business and Ed's mood swings I don't think Woody Johnson would allow him to affect it in a negative manner.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idea - Fly in DWC for home games.

Let one Dolphin fan hand the torch off to another Dolphin fan.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    In all honesty I wish Joe Nolan would quit as PA announcer his voice and the shrill "it's a Jets ..." first down, drives me nuts

In all seriousness, and I don't mean this to be offensive, but he really does sound like a gay male cheerleader shreeking at the top of his lungs at times. Why did the previous PA announcer have to leave (or be fired)?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post

He does (or used to do) the same thing at Rutgers games, and it sounds amateurish there too. Nothing worse than getting blown out and hearing some blowhard yell into the PA about a meaningless first down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    See my other posts.

In Giants Stadium we had peace and quiet between downs, sometimes 3 whole minutes of silence during TV timeouts, and we actually needed someone like Ed to get us into the action.

Flash forward, today in MetLife Stadium is a very different story. Non-stop bombardment of audio and video on our senses, no time or need for J-E-T-S chants, need a bottle of Excedrin Extra Strength just to get home without a migraine.

SAR I
    So your issues actually lie with Metlife Stadium, and not Fireman Ed. You just said it yourself...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    See my other posts.

In Giants Stadium we had peace and quiet between downs, sometimes 3 whole minutes of silence during TV timeouts, and we actually needed someone like Ed to get us into the action.

Flash forward, today in MetLife Stadium is a very different story. Non-stop bombardment of audio and video on our senses, no time or need for J-E-T-S chants, need a bottle of Excedrin Extra Strength just to get home without a migraine.

SAR I
    So....you are saying PSL's suck?

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Idea - Fly in DWC for home games.

Let one Dolphin fan hand the torch off to another Dolphin fan.

How about John Cena?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just another blow to a franchise in such HUGE decline.

From the team owner and his horrible money-grabbing behemoth piece of crap stadium.....

To the front office......

To the coaching staff......

To the bundle of backstabbing gutless ("anonymous") overpaid under-performing players.......

To the embarrassing hateful obnoxious a**hole fans who've infiltrated since the new stadium opened and have resorted in attacking their own brethren.....

This franchise is such a clusterf*ck right now.

I don't think I've ever been this embarrassed being a Jets fan.
    You summed it up perfectly. Been a fan for over 30 years... Married and living on the West Coast... converted Bay Area native wife to Jet Fandom... I'm left feeling like I need to break this horrible cycle and become a Niners fan. I need to do it for my kids, it is unfair to my family at this point.

Wow - has it really come to this?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Ed said he's quitting because it got bad now that he's wearing a Sanchez jersey.

So why can't he wear a different uniform number? Go back to wearing his Bruce Harper jersey?

What am I missing?
    What you're missing is the slow fade of the Fireman Ed Show.

It started when he quit on the team in 2005, it continued when we moved to MetLife Stadium with a different crowd, and it finalized when the chant became unnecessary amongst the other in-game distractions and PA activities.

My opinion, he is using the Jets and it's fans to excuse himself from the situation. He could have just retired, didn't need to let the team down like this.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    You continue to ask me to root for another team and go away when you have no response. This totally shows what an immature fan you really are.

Fireman Ed, the fan that has been a symbol for this organization for years leading its chant resigns in shame under what this current owner has created and yet you continue to support it and anyone who opposes it should "leave."

You cant grasp that you can be a fan AND highly criticize the JETS when the DESERVE it. Woody Johnson and Rex Ryan DESERVE every negative thing written and spoken because they have made the team that I have the most passion for an ABSOLUTE EMBARRASSMENT. I am embarrassed to encourage my kids to root for players, coaches, and an owner who have characteristics that are so undesirable and classless.

And yes, please notice how I have BECOME so negative about this CURRENT team. In past situations I could always find a silver lining, some hope, not with this current owner because it is much deeper than incompetence. The way they treat the paying customer is atrocious. One thing about NY fans is that they are not stupid and this current FO talks to us like we are fools. From over hyping players to reasons why certain players do and dont play. I have never felt so disgusted and embarrassed about the JETS in my entire life and I lived through Hess, Kotite, Carroll, Coslet, Bubby Brister, and the list goes on.

Recognize why so many fans have turned on this CURRENT group that is running the JETS. It is because they DESERVE it. They treat us like idiots one lie after another.

Now Fireman Ed resings? How pathetic Woody Johnson SHOULD feel about what he has created
    I've tried the whole response thing, so have many on this board. You treat this board as your personal shrink chair, we are all asking you the question, this forum is your chair, and off you go...

There is no point debating with you, you are stuck in your own miserable drivel.

You couldn't be more wrong about so much of what you spew on this forum.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    And during the game, the Jets PA staff does such a job of bombarding our ears
    SAR I
    And in most other stadiums, the fans are too loud to even hear the PA people. Sadly, Jets fans are too lame for that....

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    My point is that Woody Johnson isn't very good at many things, but he is quite adept at getting the media to cover his team in a positive light (up until very recently).

So if I'm Woody Johnson and I've empowered a single fan to be a representative of my brand to millions of people, there's an unspoken trust there. And Ed just broke it. My opinion, after Thanksgiving night and the very public walkout, Woody would have broken off ties with Ed and had his role reduced, could put a stop to the chant too just by changing the timing of the PA during commercial breaks.

The Jets are a multibillion dollar business and Ed's mood swings I don't think Woody Johnson would allow him to affect it in a negative manner.

SAR I
    Holy sh*t...if this isn't taking speculation to a new level I don't know what is.

Frankly since we're speculating....I think the opposite. Based on the direction of this team I believe Woody would be on his knees begging Ed to come back and get something positive going in his stadium because all I see is a hellhole of negativity and boos in future homegames.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The chant was alive and well before him, it was alive and well when he missed the 2008 season and it will be alive and well forever. Times change, people change, traditions change. A turning of the page.