Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fireman Ed" Resigns

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No one forced the old breed out of MetLife. They had great seniority, chose not to stick around over $8 a game, couldn't sacrifice half a beer to remain faithful. For once, blame the right people.

Ed made himself a public figure, a part of the team, a representative of the fanbase. So by fading back into oblivion in a very public way he most definitely is quitting on the team.

SAR I
    Maybe the guy just needed a break. Maybe he needed time to recharge his batteries.

I think we can all relate to that.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Can you say for a fact though that you know what caused his walk-out? You make it seem as if this was orchestrated and planned out ahead of time... who's to say it wasn't a group of fans that went too far and pushed him beyond his limit that Ed snapped and walked out?

Watching it on TV (yes, I'm one of those guys) the crowd sounded toxic that night. The boos, the Tebow chants, the giant X-REX sign that NBC had the class to broadcast to the entire country.

This wasn't deliberate. He didn't walk into Metlife that night planning a walkout. It was a result of the idiots and the chaos that has erupted among this fanbase.
    I guess I just find it hard to believe that a Jets fan made Fireman Ed storm out in the middle of a game.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    The Jets as a team are destroyed for at least the next few years with or without Fireman Ed (as great as it was to have him around), so why not just pile on a little more to the embarrassment that this season and team have been?
    Makes sense, it probably shouldn't make a difference either way. I wonder what the reaction will be if he changes his mind in the future and decides to lead the chant again?

I guess I just find it hard to believe that a Jets fan made Fireman Ed storm out in the middle of a game.

SAR I
    Maybe it was the abortion that was being carried out on the field for the previous hour and a half that had something to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Makes sense, it probably shouldn't make a difference either way. I wonder what the reaction will be if he changes his mind in the future and decides to lead the chant again?
    I'd support a comeback of Fireman Ed, but probably most people wouldn't since he announced he was stopping, but whatever, the Jets blow, they're going to continue to blow, and all is right in the world.

The only thing I'm interested in at this point is if I can actually sell my 125.00 seats for 65.00 with a parking pass thrown in for this weekend's game on stubhub? lmao

So who is going to lead the J E T S chant?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    J

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Apparently Jay Mohr is all over twitter saying he's going to step up and fill Ed's shoes. He's trying to contact Caltron to determine the availability of the sombrero.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Maybe the guy just needed a break. Maybe he needed time to recharge his batteries.

I think we can all relate to that.

No question.

He's gone, we move on. Next year, opening day, we'll have a kid-friendly plush mascot who won't make disappointed faces at us and ask us to do work at an event where we pay to be entertained, not to be part of the entertainment.

SAR I

Banned
    You're referring to me, so be a man and just say it.

And since you seem to care about my opinion on the matter, I can sum up why many people disliked Fireman Ed quite succinctly: He came across as an artificial "fan" and not a honest one.

The guy at Yankee games with the stick and the drums and cowbells on it. Or the dancing guy at Rangers games. These are fans that we love simply because they're just in it for the team, it's not about them. And their schtick is something benign, something that just involves them.

Fireman Ed was a brand, not just a fan. And his job was basically to guilt us into standing up and chanting over and over again every game. And if we didn't want to, just didn't feel like doing the chant at that moment, we'd get the "oh, I'm so disappointed in you" face and feel coerced to participate.

As for the new stadium, it has a major impact on Ed's act but not because you perceive us to be wine-sipping elitists. Rather it's that we don't get a moment's rest during the game anymore. Used to be in Giants Stadium that when a play was over you'd get a moment of silence. Might get 40 whole seconds to think or say something to the person sitting next to you.

In MetLife Stadium, every second of downtime is a bombardment of the senses by the PA staff. Cheerleader calendars, emergency exits, "MAKE NOISE" videos, game highlights, TV commercials, items on sale in the Jets shop, death metal music, helmet races, tee kids, and on and on and on. Go to a game, you are just bombarded with noise. In fact, the only time you get some peace and quiet is during game action.

Fireman Ed used to be a quaint add-on during a drive when the stadium got quiet amongst the important 40 second breaks between every play. But in today's MetLife atmosphere, Ed was the straw that broke the fans backs, just another thing asking for our attention and our time when we'd like to have a moment to ourselves.

SAR I
    Dude if you're so concerned about noise at a professional football game then maybe you need to stay the f*ck home. You're at a sporting event, that's the time to make noise. You're complaining about not getting 40 seconds of quiet time, really? Where do you think you are? At the nursing home? What you said is such a ridiculous and embarrassing statement from a "real" fan. You're a joke who craves way more attention then Fireman Ed ever did, that's a fact.

I want the job

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Becoming?

You proudly walking around right now in a Jet jersey? Our QB was sacked and fumbled by our O-Lineman's ass. Football blooper infamy.
    I wore my Jets jersey the next day. I'm not just a fan when things are going good.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Dude if you're so concerned about noise at a professional football game then maybe you need to stay the f*ck home. You're at a sporting event, that's the time to make noise. You're complaining about not getting 40 seconds of quiet time, really? Where do you think you are? At the nursing home? What you said is such a ridiculous and embarrassing statement from a "real" fan. You're a joke who craves way more attention then Fireman Ed ever did, that's a fact.
    Larry Hagman, iCarly, and Fireman Ed in one week is enough for me to take; do I really need this too?

SAR I

I'm not going to read through 16 pages of opinions but my opinion is it's ashame we need to treat each other with more respect.

On othe other hand I lost a lot of respect for Ed with the whole West Side Stadium commericals with the FDNY in the background. There were firefighters around me who told me they were pissed he did that.

Ed made off nicely there were endorsements and commercials and he makes appearances at bars. I'm sure he is compensated for all of that.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I'm not just a fan when things are going good.
    Ah, so Fireman Ed can't relate to you.

SAR I

Undrafted Free Agent
    I wore my Jets jersey the next day. I'm not just a fan when things are going good.
    Fuc*ing A !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Larry Hagman, iCarly, and Fireman Ed in one week is enough for me to take; do I really need this too?

SAR I
    Jets fans are the lamest in the NFL. Its not disputable nor is it debatable. I go to see the Jets all over the country at different stadiums. The Jets fans have no clue how to act like they are the home fans, or create a hostile environment for the visiting team.

The current season ticket holding fan base should all be ashamed of themselves.

Banned
    I'm a true fan.

I'm fed up with the team.

I'm not walking out of the stadium throwing a public hissy fit to make things worse on everyone else.

Next season, I'm paying my invoice, I'll be there in my seats on opening day, not borrowing someone else's random seats all over the joint.

Fireman Ed just quit on the team and its fans and you seem to think it's okay. Wowz. Just another day in the life of bizzarro Jets Insider where attacking the wrong people is the norm.

SAR I
    Why is every defense you have on here say, "look at me, I have money". Do you think that you're the only one with money? And just b/c you may spend more money going to see the Jets or whoever else you root for doesn't make you any better of a fan then somebody who would love to go to all of the games but can't afford it. And stop with the money sh*t already, I'll make you look homeless in comparison and I'm probably at least 20 years younger. It just makes you look like such a tool and unless you're Bill Gates then you shouldn't brag about how much money you have to spend b/c there will always be somebody with more.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It just makes you look like such a tool and unless you're Bill Gates then you shouldn't brag about how much money you have to spend b/c there will always be somebody with more.
    Bill Gates uses his money to help others, and never brags about what he has. In addition to money, Gates has humility which is something SAR is lacking.

Jets Insider VIP
    Never understood the hate this guy could generate.

Huge blackeye for the organization: PSL's + crappy season - n1 fan = GFY